Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HikingHarry

I think you get points for each section and if total points are within the pass rate you proceed to interview. or maybe there will be more assessments in person which is what they done a few years back

Also spoke to someone working in DFB today and they seem to think this will turn around pretty quick in comparison to previous competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

I heard something similar. Hopefully there's some truth to it

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Passing or reaching the required mark is one thing, you will have to score very heavily to be brought to the next stage. It is done on order of merit, after each stage the people with the highest order of merit will be invited to the next stage.

Yea very possibly. Lets see how it plays out. Hopefully we aren't left waiting too long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

stage Two will be in person and maybe it will be the top 1k people

In person aptitude tests

They’ve don’t that for all them or else it’s too easy to cheat and good luck to the people who did cheat they’ll be found out and black listed by their scores in person compared to online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Stefc89

Did anybody else get their results back from the assessments and were invited for the in person assessments 8n Sandyford?

I did. I'm assuming you did as well, well done. Cant imagine everyone is in on the same date. I wonder how many they are bringing through to this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Pass rate was 30%. I'd say nearly everyone is going through

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Iceomatrix

It said in the email only the top scoring batch was brought through the assessment so I’d say they cut out a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Does anyone know how many they usually place on a panel in each recruitment campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Johnny pesco

Its more complicated than that. You need to be in the highest 70% of each of the four tests to proceed. If you are in the 99th percentile for 3 but are in the bottom 30% for one test, you won't be going though. Therefore a number above 30% but likely alot higher will not go to the next stage.

Thats my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

They stated in the email every candidate's rank in the overall candidate pool, and given my rank I'd say they invited loads of people to proceed through the supervised test. 😂

Was your rank outside 1000? Just a matter of interest

No, It's way within below 1000 but given there may be multiple candidates in the same rank still gives me the idea that there will still be a lot of competition for the coming stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Johnny pesco

I reckon the top 15% or less will go through based on probabilities. How many applied to the campaign last time around?

• Advertisement

As the process goes through, do they consider all your performances in all stages when choosing the final list of candidates? Like, if you did only barely enough for the first set of tests, then you kind of improved in the supervised tests; does your performance from the previous stage affect your current ranking by potentially dragging down your overall points? Just wondering how the thing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

Well done to all, thankfully I’m happy with my e-mail I received.

Although I do know a few people who haven’t received e-mails. Would they be letting you know if your not successful or just if your successful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Suppisedly 600ish brought forward to supervised, panel of around 250, lower numbers applied than previous campaigns but chopped to minimums quckly as like others said its also being pushed ahead quicker than usual with applications due to be sent out prior to Christmas, not gospel by any means and from someone from dcc not dfb

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coco777

So I take it anyone who hasn't heard back today was unsuccessful? Really bad form it they haven't bothered informing candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cianmurphy17

I've got my date for the second aptitude test date, anyone any idea if it'll be similar? I heard whispers that it's the exact same test and they're comparing scores, not sure how true that is.

Panel is for 3 years and they need numbers as it is before future retirements are included, if they managed 2 classes a year over the 3 years it should eat well into 250 allowing for drop outs and changes of circumstances ect. There's a control room recruitment also planned in the new year, which will also progress recruits onto FF after a few years, so panel could also end up smaller knowing they have another pool to pull from down the road, although previous control room panels were small enough. There's always twists, turns and chopping and changing with these campaigns.

Previous campaigns usually had repeat + additional tests when ran by public jobs, not clarified yet if they are going the same route with just repeat verifiction or addition of the audio visual ones that they used to do.

Going by the email that was sent out today, am I right to believe that everyone who received the email will be brought forward to next stage? As in the stage after the supervised verification tests? Obviously providing their tests are verified

Yes once tests verified then it's application forms, some may also be cut at this point too prior to interviews being offered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

Sorry if this is a stupid question 🤔

From reading the email, are they going to be giving a candenced version of the same questions or new questions altogether?

Advertisement