Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zeroMac

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gitzyg

Any further indication on the timelines for results from the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wowthatscrazy

In the previous campaign your score was dictated only on CV + INTERVIEW performance.

Is today the last day for interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

At my interview they said they were extended to March 3rd, the wait continues 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Why were they extended? Original email said the 24th as last day.

Top man. Can hold off burning out the refresh button on the emails 🤣

Same be another couple weeks before we hear so!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Frezno23

hi, long time creeper first time poster. Did my interview on the 24/02. I asked a few questions at the end,

firstly they told me that I’d know the results of the interview by the first week in March. Either by post or email. I’m sitting at the door refreshing my phone.

secondly they said the class size of 48 mid April to start and a panel of 200-250 that will all be used. They said they’re struggling for numbers to form the first class.

that’s all the information I have but I hope it helps someone. Best of luck to all on the results

Thanks for that hopefully hear something this week or next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Good info 👍

If they're struggling to fill a first class of 48 then it must be impossible to form a panel of 200-250? Or am I missing something?

So only what I have heard, the first batch they interviewed were largely unsuccessful. People didn’t want to work nights and others had no interest essentially.

it was said that a lot of people who got the second call back hadn’t made it through the aptitude in previous recruitment drives, now they’re seeing people who didn’t necessarily score high but performed very well at interview.

Lot of people that are emts, paramedics retained fire etc. 48 per class and the whole panel to be used, I don’t know if that’s 24 for paramedic training 24 for fire ran simultaneously. But they’re struggling for numbers massively.

none of this official only from a friend who’s in the DFB.

hopefully this week!

It's interesting info but surely a bit questionable. Would you not find it hard to believe that people worked hard to do well enough to score in the first batch at aptitude, went on to sit supervised, and then went to an interview and said "I don't really fancy working nights".

And I don't really understand the part "now they’re seeing people who didn’t necessarily score high but performed very well at interview". Seeing them for what? Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake but I havnt a clue what's going on 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whoohooooxoxox

Anybody hear anything

I've heard there is going to be delays. Controversy over interviews. But could just be hearsay

So chances are we're not gonna hear anything this week? I wonder what kind of controversy there is.

Results could be out Monday for all we know. But apparently an interview board member let it slip that Joe Bloggs will be progressing after interview. Said it infront of someone from civic office, before final results were in, and turned out they were related so throws the integrity of the interviews up in the air. They will be delaying sending out results until they decide how to they are going to address it and what they will do about it. I'm sure them sort of politics go on all the time, but obviously have to be careful who is around when saying it. This is info from an employee. I'd still be sceptical of it, stories can grow legs and I wouldn't belive everything I hear. If results aren't out tomorrow then maybe it's possible there is some truth to it.

I’m just forwarding what I heard. There was a lot of people who did very well at aptitude and shite at interview.

there was also a lot of people who got called back for the second aptitude sitting who did very well at interview.

• Advertisement

I'd assume they'll let us know eitherway, whether we'll progress onto the next stage or not, will they? I belong to the early batch of interviewees and I just don't want to hold my breath to it as it sounds like there is a large number of people from that batch who wouldn't progress based on the infos given here.

I applied in 2019

You will get an email stating your situation being either successful or unsuccessful.

I am one of the "call backs" for the aptitude tests, but I'm not reading into any of the above whispers. So stay positive and what will be will be.

It’s definitely an email? I was thinking it could be post or email.

2019 was email ... one before was letter and email I think ... and before that was carrier pigeon LOL

With the way the country is going green it defiantly won’t be a smoke signal anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Any white smoke yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Nothing yet, the anticipation is killing me 🤣

Any news?😅

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Shamrock12

The wait is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

Emails out

Advertisement