Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 farmer x

Just spoke to one lad who got through to the second round . . I congratulated of course and said I just missed out .
    Then the bomb.!!!
    I'm nervous now as I didn't do the online exam I got someone to do it for me !! Was the reply I got .!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll say no more

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

farmer x wrote: »
    Just spoke to one lad who got through to the second round . . I congratulated of course and said I just missed out .
    Then the bomb.!!!
    I'm nervous now as I didn't do the online exam I got someone to do it for me !! Was the reply I got .!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll say no more

Well I hope he's caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

Then the bomb.!!!
    I'll say no more

Excellent, 1 less candidate to be worried about!!

I think there are 3 exams on some of the days then. Im 11:45 and i saw someone post they were in at 8:45 and somone else posted 2:45

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Most days there are 3 tests, 1 or 2 days (cant remember) there is only 2 tests

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Then the bomb.!!!
    I'll say no more

That is soul destroying. Just hope the person gets caught!! Hopefully they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Most days there are 3 tests, 1 or 2 days (cant remember) there is only 2 tests

Arrubarrena based on this and previous recruitment drives you seem to be very reliable and accurate with your info, thanks very much for sharing.
    Am I right in thinking stage 2 starts on weds 13th and finishes in tues 19th? Also are there 3 exams on the 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Then the bomb.!!!
    I'll say no more
    Unfortunately he will not be the only cheater to get through to the second round...just missed out myself and got no help with tests....hopefully these people will get no further in the process..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

The more cheaters the better I say, hopefully turns my legit two hundred and something into an adjusted one hundred and something. If the cheaters don't perform on the day, they're out, it's as simple as that. And a second set of 700 will be called. If they do perform on the day, then they deserve the spot.

But I honestly don't think there can be any more than 5% cheaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

Hi lads..
    I qualified for the 2nd aptitude test, the first test caught me off guard because I had never done an aptitude test before. I managed to do it mainly because Im decent at maths. I scraped in by the narrowest of margins. Im just wondering do I have any chance of getting through to stage 3? I have put in alot of work for the next exam but because I performed not so great on the first exam will that have a major effect on my outcome??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Then the bomb.!!!
    I'll say no more

I had the exact same conversation with someone...:mad:

Hi lads..
    I qualified for the 2nd aptitude test, the first test caught me off guard because I had never done an aptitude test before. I managed to do it mainly because Im decent at maths. I scraped in by the narrowest of margins. Im just wondering do I have any chance of getting through to stage 3? I have put in alot of work for the next exam but because I performed not so great on the first exam will that have a major effect on my outcome??

You have as good a chance as every other man. If your putting in the work you should reap the benifits and hopefully will reflect on your score. Best of luck with the aptitude

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

I had the exact same conversation with someone...:mad:

Its desperate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Its desperate....

Sure there was a fella bragging about it on the airport thread.

Took about 30 seconds to find his address, I should have grassed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

I really don't understand all these people who got others to sit round 1 for them. What did they think was going to happen for round 2?? If they couldn't do it the first time they certainly won't do it second time around! Great news for the rest of us!

Looking like there will be a lot of people struggling in this round! Good news for those further back up the list!

megabantz wrote: »
    I really don't understand all these people who got others to sit round 1 for them. What did they think was going to happen for round 2?? If they couldn't do it the first time they certainly won't do it second time around! Great news for the rest of us!

Looking like there will be a lot of people struggling in this round! Good news for those further back up the list!

i think some people chanced their arm, from what i understand when people went for the Airport Fire Service the results were not verified in a second round. maybe they thought it would be the same outcome this time too?

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    i think some people chanced their arm, from what i understand when people went for the Airport Fire Service the results were not verified in a second round. maybe they thought it would be the same outcome this time too?

Good point actually!

Very quiet today, I wonder are people studying up? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

TicTacDoc wrote:
    Very quiet today, I wonder are people studying up?

I'm here trying to learn area and volume formula's anyway :)

Really happy with the study I have done. Flying with the maths side of things and the understanding instruction Is straight forward. The video tests in good at so really just looking forward to it!

I know everyone here seems to be genuine and doing this off their own backs so best of luck and ya never know might see some of you's on the other side hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

megabantz wrote:
    The video tests in good at so really just looking forward to it!

If u dont mind me asking, how are you studying for the video tests?

shaunac93 wrote: »
    If u dont mind me asking, how are you studying for the video tests?

Short answer is I'm not! But I have sat this test before and did very well, that coupled with I have a good memory from playing video games (I can describe rooms, buildings, streets really easily) and I didn't find much trouble when doing the Garda video test so I'm banking on all this working out for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Good luck to everyone for stage 2. Most of us have done it once so we can do it again.

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone for stage 2. Most of us have done it once so we can do it again.

:p

love that!! And the same to you! who is up for testing tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Just got message to say I'm not being called yet

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Just got message to say I'm not being called yet

Being called yet? can you elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

PAS Seem to have mailed people after 679 saying should DCC require further people to be tested they will be contacted when they're place is reached

Hmmm, so neither a yes or a no to those people? thats a bit vague no?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

I placed at 2 k. In all likelihood is the competition over for me?

• Advertisement

time will tell what will happen, as i keep saying its not over until you have it in writing saying you have been removed form the process

Advertisement