Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    Hmmm, so neither a yes or a no to those people? thats a bit vague no?

It's quite normal to receive a mail like this, it's to let you know your not immediately considered at this point but should they require further candidates you will be called in order of merit. If they told you all your out and later they realised they need more people they couldn't turn around and say actually we need you now.

I heard a rumor that they only taking 2/3 of the 679 through to stage 3 (providing they all pass stage 2 that is)! - the way the numbers have been working out this wouldn't surprise me! who knows tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

TicTacDoc wrote:
    who is up for testing tomorrow?

I'm in at 14.30 tomorrow, excited and nervous !! Good luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1986kennyd

shaunac93 wrote:
    I'm in at 14.30 tomorrow, excited and nervous !! Good luck to everyone

I'm in at 14:00, they must have a couple rooms going at the same time? Best of luck everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

Best of luck to all involved....gutted not getting a second shot myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

megabantz wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that they only taking 2/3 of the 679 through to stage 3 (providing they all pass stage 2 that is)! - the way the numbers have been working out this wouldn't surprise me! who knows tho!

thats probably a fairly conservative number. 450 in to the next round for interview is a lot, dont get me wrong im hoping thats what it is but im wonder would they see it as a "cheaper" option to cull more and have less for interview taking up expensive man hours. just a thought

• Advertisement

1986kennyd wrote:
    I'm in at 14:00, they must have a couple rooms going at the same time? Best of luck everyone !

My bad i'm at 1400 tomorroe too, lucky i double checked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Tomorrow is the only day there is two tests, 10am & 2pm. That's for sign-in etc... Best of luck to all.

good luck, let us know how you get on. Remember, cool head lose pants ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    I placed at 2 k. In all likelihood is the competition over for me?

Unfortunately, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Just as a matter of interest, is it possible to move up/down the order of merit in stage 2? Do they make a new order depending on your live results or take the average of both aptitude tests? If they're taking 2/3 of the 679 through, that puts me right on the breadline!

Best of luck to everyone over the next week too

• Advertisement

Logic would dictate yes, if this was not true, specific people would be preordained to be culled before the process would begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Logic would dictate yes, if this was not true, specific people would be preordained to be culled before the process would begin.

"Logic dictates" nothing of the sort, as a certain number of people will fail to verify their result from the unsupervised test.

"Logic dictates" nothing of the sort, as a certain number of people will fail to verify their result from the unsupervised test.

right so "riddle me this". (For Example) a candidate who is currently placed 15 on the list repeats his score and gets the bare minimum in the 2 new tests. then candidate no 100 gets a better result than his fist round and is exceptional in his 2 new tests, are you saying you think candidate 15 will remain in his spot of 15 and candidate 100 will also? so you dont believe logic dictates? how about from the horses mouth?

"An invitation to the next stage of the competition will be determined by the place you achieve at supervised tests."

oh look! "The place you achieve at supervised tests" i think thats pretty clear. Everyone has to earn a spot in round 3, no sitting back and thinking the first round results will carry anyone through

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

right so "riddle me this". (For Example) a candidate who is currently placed 15 on the list repeats his score and gets the bare minimum in the 2 new tests. then candidate no 100 gets a better result than his fist round and is exceptional in his 2 new tests, are you saying you think candidate 15 will remain in his spot of 15 and candidate 100 will also? so you dont believe logic dictates? how about from the horses mouth?

"An invitation to the next stage of the competition will be determined by the place you achieve at supervised tests."

oh look! "The place you achieve at supervised tests" i think thats pretty clear. Everyone has to earn a spot in round 3, no sitting back and thinking the first round results will carry anyone through

Yep that sounds about right TicTac. In hindsight, my question was probably a bit silly! These aptitude tests are all I've been able to think about since I got the invitation to round 2. I'm dying for the whole process to be over to be honest so I can move on with my life :P

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    Yep that sounds about right TicTac. In hindsight, my question was probably a bit silly! These aptitude tests are all I've been able to think about since I got the invitation to round 2. I'm dying for the whole process to be over to be honest so I can move on with my life :P

They will be over for everyone in one way or another soon enough, im sure everyone it looking forward to the completion of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

There were some teething problems this morning. It's a new service provider for the online tests, hopefully it was a one-off.

There were some teething problems this morning. It's a new service provider for the online tests, hopefully it was a one-off.

so has the format changed? ie the layout the and form of the first test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

so has the format changed? ie the layout the and form of the first test?

You will unlikely get a response to this. Anyone who sat the test today signed a non disclosure agreement so it would be foolish to ignore this and discuss the tests today in any way shape or form.

Also don't forget it's everyone for themselves in this round. As harsh as it may seem but that's the cold truth of it.

megabantz wrote: »
    You will unlikely get a response to this. Anyone who sat the test today signed a non disclosure agreement so it would be foolish to ignore this and discuss the tests today in any way shape or form.

Also don't forget it's everyone for themselves in this round. As harsh as it may seem but that's the cold truth of it.

ok the non disclosure is new to me, i wasent aware of that. the reason i ask about the format change is if it would make any difference to the look and feel as well as the content. I have a good reason for this and its as follow, In the preperation booklet for stage 2 it states that..........

"You will already have taken these tests during Stage 1 of the process so they will be familiar to you. "

and then goes on to say....

"Practice Material
    Familiarisation material for the Understanding Instructions (Verbal Instruct), Numeracy Skills (Scales Eql-A) and Applied Numeracy (Scales Tmt) is available at the following link: past.cut-e.com

We strongly recommend that you read the instructions very carefully and take the opportunity to again familiarise yourself with the tests. This will help you to understand what you have to do before you undertake the real tests.

The practice tests are similar in structure and format to the supervised tests you will be invited to take, however the number of practice questions is less than the number of questions on the real test. The practice tests are designed to give you an opportunity to familiarise yourself with the type of questions you can expect to face in the real test."

Its reasonable to ask if they have deviated from their own brief?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Feeling fairly confident after that :) Think I will be in and around the same scores for the 3 repeats. Other 2 were handy enough aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone in this afternoon confirm how long it all took? Did they do breaks between sessions or just plough on?

5500 wrote:
    Anyone in this afternoon confirm how long it all took? Did they do breaks between sessions or just plough on?

Signed in at arond 13.50 walked out at 16.20 ish. No major breaks between session but they do read out whats involved in the next test section and you do a couple examples so not just 5 exam sessions straight through if u get me!

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Signed in at arond 13.50 walked out at 16.20 ish. No major breaks between session but they do read out whats involved in the next test section and you do a couple examples so not just 5 exam sessions straight through if u get me!

and how do you feel it went for you?

TicTacDoc wrote:
    and how do you feel it went for you?

Happy enough that I matched and maybe even improved on stage 1. Two new test wearnt as difficult as i was expecting either. So all round it wasnt too bad :)

Good man, good luck with the results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Good man, good luck with the results

Good woman maybe ;-)

Good observation skills there TicTacDoc

Chungwun wrote: »
    Good woman maybe ;-)

Good observation skills there TicTacDoc

ha ha! I stand corrected and apologize profusely. you dont have your webcam facing in in the right direction i couldn't see properly :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

Does anybody know if we are to use our own calculators or are we given different ones on the day??

Does anybody know if we are to use our own calculators or are we given different ones on the day??

Did you read the booklet that outlined the process for stage 2? The answer is in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Youll be given one.

Advertisement