Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Got my letter today for interview Thursday week, now to try figure out how to get day off work without telling them I'm planning on leaving for the fire brigade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

Looking forward to this now. The cream will rise to the top and flush the rest away hopefully. The fire stations I have visited had an interesting mix of people being shown around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

stoller wrote: »
    The creme will rise to the top and flush the rest away...

Steady on there Rorschach.

stringbox wrote: »
    Steady on there Rorschach.

Why should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

The creme will rise to the top and flush the rest away hopefully.

Is this some sort of new saying I'm unaware of? Or is the creme well known to rise to the top.

• Advertisement

The creme will rise to the top and flush the rest away hopefully.

Is this some sort of new saying I'm unaware of? Or is the creme well known to rise to the top.

Let me google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=does+the+cream+rise+to+the+top

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

They could just put a sticker over your name like with a label maker. Maybe it's so the panel don't know who you are until you're sitting in front of them.

Further thinking, maybe it is so they (the interview board) don't know where you came on the PAS OOM so as to treat number 400 the same as number 1. So they give you their own ID number

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Nah it's done for all DCC competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Polymarcus

Any word on competencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Polymarcus wrote: »
    Any word on competencies?

What is this competencies everyone is ****ing on about? Surely in an interview they asses if your competent and suitable for the role..

• Advertisement

derra_121 wrote: »
    What is this competencies everyone is ****ing on about? Surely in an interview they asses if your competent and suitable for the role..

Hmmm your gonna have an interesting interview

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Have answers/examples for teamwork, initiative, remained calm, how would you cope with hierarchy?, firefighters role, about Dublin fire brigade etc.

Use the STAR acronym.

S - situation
    T-task
    A-action
    R-result

Do penalty points for speeding count as an endorsement?

Do penalty points for speeding count as an endorsement?

from the RSA website

When this information is received, the fixed charge notice will be issued to the named driver, on whose licence record the points will be endorsed, either on payment of a fixed charge or a court conviction.

possibly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm going to have to start agreeing with the crowd on this one, folks it a competition, if your in the comp and give out information, you could be giving that person the difference of 10/20 points that could be the difference between you and them.

If people can be arsed researching or worst of all reading what is right in front of there eyes then leave them too it.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'm going to have to start agreeing with the crowd on this one, folks it a competition, if your in the comp and give out information, you could be giving that person the difference of 10/20 points that could be the difference between you and them.

If people can be arsed researching or worst of all reading what is right in front of there eyes then leave them too it.

If somebody is only learning what competencies are now, and still manages to nail the interview, then fair play to him.

loose lips sink ships

stoller wrote: »
    Hmmm your gonna have an interesting interview

One thing is clear from this thread and that is that I do not want to work with this Stoller. No way would he work well on a team...

Here is a tip for all... Pretty sure no matter how good your "competencies" are, a ****e attitude will get you no where.

I said this about 5 pages back lads and lassies. We are only a week away from somebody coming on here and saying "Jeez, I can't believe the interview panel asked me about X,Y and Z" thus all the later interviewees going of to study their new found questions!

Cop on t'fuk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

derra_121 wrote: »
    One thing is clear from this thread and that is that I do not want to work with this Stoller. No way would he work well on a team...

Here is a tip for all... Pretty sure no matter how good your "competencies" are, a ****e attitude will get you no where.

Stroller is not on your tram, you are not on his. This is a competition for a job, Its not within anyones interest to "pool ideas". The fact that you you dont seem to understand that or you are only finding out what competencies are on an internet forum would lead anyone reading this to believe you have done no research for the role and are blissfully unaware what lays ahead of you.

maybe dont be so ready to challenge someone head on and see is there something in what that are saying.

• Advertisement

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    Stroller is not on your tram, you are not on his. This is a competition for a job, Its not within anyones interest to "pool ideas". The fact that you you dont seem to understand that or you are only finding out what competencies are on an internet forum would lead anyone reading this to believe you have done no research for the role and are blissfully unaware what lays ahead of you.

maybe dont be so ready to challenge someone head on and see is there something in what that are saying.

Lets just see who gets the job :P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Polymarcus

There is some difference in this thread now and the previous recruitment campaigns for DFB. This is supposed to be a forum to discuss information with like minded people, who are all in the same boat(nervous and anxiously awaiting the interview). I really don't see how discussing the competencies or any other general information regarding the next phase of the competition is anything but beneficial to all candidates. At the end of the day, your work history/life experience and performance on the day will ultimately decide whether you are successful or not. Lighten up everyone and best of luck to you all in the interview.

There is some difference in this thread now and the previous recruitment campaigns for DFB. This is supposed to be a forum to discuss information with like minded people, who are all in the same boat(nervous and anxiously awaiting the interview). I really don't see how discussing the competencies or any other general information regarding the next phase of the competition is anything but beneficial to all candidates. At the end of the day, your work history/life experience and performance on the day will ultimately decide whether you are successful or not. Lighten up everyone and best of luck to you all in the interview.

I would think it's due to the age profile being heavily towards the late twenties on this campaign. (Due to the maths in the aptitude test) People can be competitive and insecure at that age, whereas older guys in previous campaigns would know that their life experience speaks for itself and not need to cut the legs off others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

I would think it's due to the age profile being heavily towards the late twenties on this campaign. (Due to the maths in the aptitude test) .

Explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I agree 100%, it's a discussion board after all. My problem is people coming on here and not reading the information, we all got the information and the same information, it details what will be asked and what is required. So it gets a bit annoying when we have the same few people coming on here contributing nothing to the discussion but looking for information, such as whats the address (detailed twice on the letter) and what is on the interview, when this is all clearly detailed.

I also think that providing competences to people that haven't got them could be in violation of the competition as it would give them an unfair advantage over someone that will go next week.

Also there is a difference between this and the last campaign, which was some time ago, people want in and will do so anyway they can, before it might have been more relaxed and not as intense, this time it has all changed.

Polymarcus, you've said it yourself. "Sharing benefits all".

My exact point. Why would anybody be so naive to help someone who is after the same job as them. It's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Polymarcus, you've said it yourself. "Sharing benefits all".

My exact point. Why would anybody be so naive to help someone who is after the same job as them. It's crazy.

I suppose some people are selfless, compassionate, knowledgeable, kind and helpful... Virtues that have no place in DFB

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    I suppose some people are selfless, compassionate, knowledgeable, kind and helpful... Virtues that have no place in DFB

Selfless enough to get someone else the job ahead of you? Very noble.

All I can do is go in and do my best in the interview. I don't think people sharing some handy information online is gonna change much at the end of the day. I do, however, agree that coming on here and letting everyone know what happened in their interview and giving tips on how to do better than they did would be very very silly. So far nobody's done that(hopefully nobody will once interviews start) so I say continue discussing the job with one another.

• Advertisement

Actually, I'm not being interviewed in the first week... Everyone let us all know how ye got on and how we can do better :P

Advertisement