Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    I suppose some people are selfless, compassionate, knowledgeable, kind and helpful... Virtues that have no place in DFB

That's all well and good, many footballers have these traits also. But do we see them giving the ball to the other team in the middle of a game? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

TallGlass wrote: »
    That's all well and good, many footballers have these traits also. But do we see them giving the ball to the other team in the middle of a game? :pac:

I suppose you're right in a way. But I found this thread helpful at times(stupid at other times) and appreciated the little nuggets of information that popped up from time to time.

As for your analogy, I've played rugby all my life and have never helped the other team win. But I have been a part of several live training sessions with rival teams(basically working on our set piece and patterns against strong opposition). So on one hand we helped each other train for the big occasions, but once game day came it was all hands on deck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Something I've noticed is not many have been asking direct fire brigade questions so it seems most people on here have done their home work in that regards which will put them in good stead

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

stringbox wrote: »
    Selfless enough to get someone else the job ahead of you? Very noble.

You are hardly getting someone a job by discussing possible questions that could come up in an upcoming interview. Guarantee you not one person will walk out of that interview room thinking "thank god I read boards last night"

Have faith in your own ability pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Anybody else still waiting on the letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Yeah I'm still waiting on mine. I only dropped my application form in the day before the deadline though. I think someone mentioned interviews being conducted based on when they received the application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supersplit

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    Yeah I'm still waiting on mine. I only dropped my application form in the day before the deadline though. I think someone mentioned interviews being conducted based on when they received the application.

Interesting cause I handed mine in the Thursday morning and I got a letter 2 days ago. I would say a lot of people handed in late Thursday and Friday as they were waiting all week for birth cert etc to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

supersplit wrote: »
    Interesting cause I handed mine in the Thursday morning and I got a letter 2 days ago. I would say a lot of people handed in late Thursday and Friday as they were waiting all week for birth cert etc to arrive.

Handed mine in early Thursday and up for interview early next week .

Just joining the rest of the crew, I handed in my notice today.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

There is no correlation between when you handed in your form and when you are being interviewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

There is no correlation between when you handed in your form and when you are being interviewed.

Any idea what way it is being done? starting to worry:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Are you able to shed light on the interview panel knowing the OOM of the candidate? Do they?

thanks for the info. you appear from previous posts to be very accurate. i know quite a few who are going for interview and only a few including me have got word back and the guys/girls who havn't are the ones who handed in Friday. It defo is a strange coincidence if it's not being done on when you handed in the app.

thanks for the info. you appear from previous posts to be very accurate. i know quite a few who are going for interview and only a few including me have got word back and the guys/girls who havn't are the ones who handed in Friday. It defo is a strange coincidence if it's not being done on when you handed in the app.

There's still over 400 people in it.

The interview slots are assigned randomly apart from those who had specific requirements such as holidays, flights booked etc..

I believe the last of the letters were sent on Monday evening. If you've any worries just ring HR and ask for your letter to be scanned to you, I'm sure they would oblige.

Was just joking, I am moving jobs ATM.

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Are you able to shed light on the interview panel knowing the OOM of the candidate? Do they?

No they wouldn't know. Unless you mentioned it.

Interview board won't have a clue where ya came.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Interview board won't have a clue where ya came.
    Does order of merit from aptitude count for anything or is it a completely clean slate?

Clean slate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

I would think it's due to the age profile being heavily towards the late twenties on this campaign. (Due to the maths in the aptitude test)

I'd still love to know the thinking behind this conclusion?

Interview board will be going purely off your application form so know that inside out. If you put something on it and think ah they'll never ask me that then you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Only sound advice I can give.

I'd still love to know the thinking behind this conclusion?

Maths is a skill that fades quickly. Older guys who are longer out of school would have weaker maths skills. There was a lot of maths on the aptitude test. Younger guys did better. Most of the lads I saw on the day of the supervised test were under 30.

Maths is a skill that fades quickly. Older guys who are longer out of school would have weaker maths skills. There was a lot of maths on the aptitude test. Younger guys did better. Most of the lads I saw on the day of the supervised test were under 30.

I don't see a problem if younger people under 30 get into interview stages. I would imagine they would want a fit, sharp 26 year old over a recruit who is in his mid to late 30s who has to retire at 55.

I don't see a problem if younger people under 30 get into interview stages. I would imagine they would want a fit, sharp 26 year old over a recruit who is in his mid to late 30s who has to retire at 55.

I didn't say it was a bad thing at all, I'm under 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

Well I'm in my mid 30s and already a firefighter elsewhere and I have met guys with the same attitude as you .they don't gel well in a team.maybe you'll be an exception

viking861 wrote: »
    Well I'm in my mid 30s and already a firefighter elsewhere and I have met guys with the same attitude as you .they don't gel well in a team.maybe you'll be an exception

This forum is nothing but people at each others throats with very little substance bar a few good posters. I wasn't putting anyone down I was simple relaying something I was told by a senior officer in DFB and it makes sense. Of course it's a generalised statement but I wasn't trying to flex a muscle with the statement.

Chill out and don't be so quick to slap people down. You don't know me and I don't know you. So don't be so quick to misjudge someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

This forum is nothing but people at each others throats with very little substance bar a few good posters. I wasn't putting anyone down I was simple relaying something I was told by a senior officer in DFB and it makes sense. Of course it's a generalised statement but I wasn't trying to flex a muscle with the statement.

Chill out and don't be so quick to slap people down. You don't know me and I don't know you. So don't be so quick to misjudge someone.
    Well you should choose your words more carefully or people might take you up the wrong way.interviews are judged on what you say at the end of the day. Anyway just a thought.best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Looking forward to getting this interview over with tomorrow. Some weight will be lifted off the shoulders, whatever way it turns out.

Advertisement