Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

twinydavid wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting this interview over with tomorrow. Some weight will be lifted off the shoulders, whatever way it turns out.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Looking forward to getting this interview over with tomorrow. Some weight will be lifted off the shoulders, whatever way it turns out.

Same here, just want it to be over with, it going to be a long wait for us till April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supersplit

Best of luck! Let us know what came up 😋

I wish mine was tomorrow. I have literally been preparing since I did my verification test. Will be some weight off the shoulders!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Same here, just want it to be over with, it going to be a long wait for us till April.

We will know roughly around a week after the last interview. Anyone in dfb will know a few days before us as the list tended to be available if you knew the right person to ask

supersplit wrote: »
    We will know roughly around a week after the last interview. Anyone in dfb will know a few days before us as the list tended to be available if you knew the right person to ask

But they are running interviews up until the 18th of March I would assume that we will find out the same time as everyone else.

Be great if we did find out a week after!

• Advertisement

But they are running interviews up until the 18th of March I would assume that we will find out the same time as everyone else.

Be great if we did find out a week after!

I think the letter said the latest we would hear is thur 31st of March! But it won't take 2 weeks to sort the panel! That will be done very soon after

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Best of luck to everyone. I hope to see yas on the other side.....

Well that was one of the worst interviews I have ever done, I actually done a discredit to myself in it :(.

I would consider myself out at this stage to be honest. Just glad its over, these competitions take a lot out of you mentally.

Best of luck to all, as quite busy in there today.

Well that was one of the worst interviews I have ever done, I actually done a discredit to myself in it :(.

I would consider myself out at this stage to be honest. Just glad its over, these competitions take a lot out of you mentally.

what happened you?maybe you did well but think you messed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Always sad to hear... But I wouldn't count myself out just yet if I was you. I immediately counted myself out after round 2. Thought I had an absolute stinker. I told all my family that the dream was 100% over at least until the next recruitment drive... It turned out I moved up over 400 places on the OOM and found myself well inside the top 50

Keep the faith!

• Advertisement

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    Always sad to hear... But I wouldn't count myself out just yet if I was you. I immediately counted myself out after round 2. Thought I had an absolute stinker. I told all my family that the dream was 100% over at least until the next recruitment drive... It turned out I moved up over 400 places on the OOM and found myself well inside the top 50

Keep the faith!

Same as myself in stage 2. I have done a lot of interviews over the last few weeks for other roles and the performance today was not someone who had put in weeks of effort! It wasn't a full blown disaster, but to me it just wouldn't have made the cut, it was just the one person, I would have called this person the fault finder, once they get a weakness your exploited and the questions just cave from there. My scoring from this person would have been poor, just a bad round of questions for me. I could have and should have answered them a lot better.

Same as myself in stage 2. I have done a lot of interviews over the last few weeks for other roles and the performance today was not someone who had put in weeks of effort! It wasn't a full blown disaster, but to me it just wouldn't have made the cut, it was just the one person, I would have called this person the fault finder, once they get a weakness your exploited and the questions just cave from there. My scoring from this person would have been poor, just a bad round of questions for me. I could have and should have answered them a lot better.

Chin up. all may not have been lost.

viking861 wrote: »
    what happened you?maybe you did well but think you messed up?

It wasn't a complete mess up as such, but the margin for error here in these stages is I would say very very low, with a 4/1 chance of making the cut. I just got a bad round of questions from one person. I just feel myself, these errors on the questions just sealed my faith with them.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

It wasn't a complete mess up as such, but the margin for error here in these stages is I would say very very low, with a 4/1 chance of making the cut. I just got a bad round of questions from one person. I just feel myself, these errors on the questions just sealed my faith with them.

Best of luck to all.

Seems the HR person on the panel is on form.... :rolleyes:

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    Seems the HR person on the panel is on form.... :rolleyes:

They where a nice bunch of people, but be prepared ! It was my own fault to have not covered the aspects that I should have known would come up, instead I focused my attention on other aspects, it paid off in that respect but I didn't have the balance for other areas they asked. I'd be more aware study wise next time around of what is needed/could be asked.

Best of luck to all.
    ah you never know.....loads of jobs

BTW, results are out end of the month, once everyone is done and dusted. Training should be summer, in and around August. Depending on numbers, Paramedic course might be run concurrently to fire training.

BTW, results are out end of the month, once everyone is done and dusted. Training should be summer, in and around August. Depending on numbers, Paramedic course might be run concurrently to fire training.

Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

That was not too bad at all! Pleasantly surprised.

Teamwork now......what we're the questions lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Teamwork now......what we're the questions lol

Well you have to mimic the sound of a fire engine. That was tricky. I went for the bee baw instead of the mee maw :)

Well you have to mimic the sound of a fire engine. That was tricky. I went for the bee baw instead of the mee maw :)

I've been working on the bee baw...but it's soundstill more like a hee haw a donkey makes.it could be in trouble

Anyone know what the pay is for basic training? And more so for accommodation during it?

Anyone know what the pay is for basic training? And more so for accommodation during it?

its interview stage now and you ask that?, 14 weeks after closing of applications and you want to know what basic pay is? and for accommodation? bit late in the day for asking no? did you read any of the "Information" when applying for the role? its all in there. If you have researched the role you would know. it has also been asked here many times and answered many times too. which tells us that you dont read the thread or the information supplied......

The wage scale for the position of Firefighter, Dublin Fire Brigade, is €429.60

:rolleyes:

Who said I was doing an interview?

Can you say if the interview was as expected question wise? Obviously without going into too much detail as it is a competition!

Ah lads lets try keep this thread positive! if somebody has a question let's not jump down their throats at the first chance!

Who said I was doing an interview?

who said you were not?

I'm already In the job.would it be ok if I can ask questions on this thread tic tac doc? I have my reasons
    .only if it's ok with you now? If not I'll scroll through the previous 96 pages and look for the answer

• Advertisement

I'm already In the job.would it be ok if I can ask questions on this thread tic tac doc? I have my reasons
    .only if it's ok with you now? If not I'll scroll through the previous 76 pages and look for the answer

Advertisement