Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

It can get very tense around here, a lot of people are under pressure with the interviews etc.. It's understandable, that people might get upset about people asking these basic questions.

To answer, I think the person was asking in relation to the pay during training, which I imagine is like the Garda, in and around 160-180€ P/W, as for accommodation, I am not sure but I assume they have rooms for you to stay in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

Other county stations pay for your food and accommodation when on any training course.it seems strange if dublin fire brigade didn't do the same while in the obi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supersplit

viking861 wrote: »
    Other county stations pay for your food and accommodation when on any training course.it seems strange if dublin fire brigade didn't do the same while in the obi.

The way training works is as follows:

1) You are paid normal wage during training if I remember correctly - gardai have accomodation and food included so they cut the wage to a training wage. In DFB you will have rent, transport costs etc so its full wage

2) you are expected to make your own accommodation arrangements and this is nothing to do with dublin city council ( some brigades from around the country who use the OBI pay for accomodation during training but this is not covered as part of the training itself )

3) your breakfast and lunch are provided during training

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

I'm already In the job

Oh yeah? but you are not in DFB so which "Job" are you in?

Thats because other counties are retained and normally send people out of county. DFB is whole time and people are expected to live close by (again thats in the information document) they do not provide accommodation in the OBI for recruits. This is not the same as the Garda. there is no allowance and there is no accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

Lol other counties aren't all retained....you must have read the wrong information document

• Advertisement

Wait so no allowance as in rent allowance or no training allowance as in pay?

Lol other counties aren't all retained....you must have read the wrong information document

I never said "All other counties"

I simply said "Thats because other counties are retained"

first you were being silly, Now you are being ridiculous :rolleyes:

TallGlass wrote: »
    Wait so no allowance as in rent allowance or no training allowance as in pay?

yes there is pay, but nothing extra for accommodation. AFAIK €429.60 less tax and USC etc thats basic pay. Im told you will receive extra once on the job and after 1st year the rate increases.

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    yes there is pay, but nothing extra for accommodation. AFAIK €429.60 less tax and USC etc thats basic pay. Im told you will receive extra once on the job and after 1st year the rate increases.

Don't forget the public sector pay cuts/levy too and pension levy and im sure there are more cuts im forgetting!

Anyone in the know if there will be regular recruitment again or is this it for another few years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

TallGlass wrote: »
    Anyone in the know if there will be regular recruitment again or is this it for another few years?

Would like to think it would be back to regular recruitment alright. Considering the past numbers of years have been unique to say the least in regards public service recruitment ban.

But with the current city manager, nobody knows what he is capable of.

Chungwun wrote: »
    Would like to think it would be back to regular recruitment alright. Considering the past numbers of years have been unique to say the least in regards public service recruitment ban.

But with the current city manager, nobody knows what he is capable of.

Yeah fingers crossed but the only thing that's on my mind about this is the chopped numbers in this recruitment and the rumor that they only want 100-150 people when normally it was 800 interviewed for 200 panel places roughly!

supersplit wrote: »
    Yeah fingers crossed but the only thing that's on my mind about this is the chopped numbers in this recruitment and the rumor that they only want 100-150 people when normally it was 800 interviewed for 200 panel places roughly!

Yeah but on the other hand you could like at it in the way that if they have less on a panel they might have to recruit again sooner than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmcg1982

Interview only lasted 17 minutes not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing?? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Jmcg1982 wrote: »
    Interview only lasted 17 minutes not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing?? 😀

Just have to wait and see. Could be a good thing could be a bad thing. God knows what the 3 interviewers are saying when we leave that room :)

Yeah I answered everything they asked in quick response and effectively so that probably speeded the whole time up...that's what I'm hoping. Glad that part is over best of luck

Jmcg1982 wrote: »
    Yeah I answered everything they asked in quick response and effectively so that probably speeded the whole time up...that's what I'm hoping. Glad that part is over best of luck

Sounds good! a quick interview is not necessarily a bad interview as you may have given them everything they wanted to to hear! how did you find it? as expected?

Hoping that was the case it was as expected alright fairly straightforward best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

How does the candidate number work, are you supposed to not tell them your name?

They know who ye are anyway just don't think they know your OOM pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Don't pay any attention to your candidate number. As I've said before it's done for every DCC competition. It means nothing to you.

Don't pay any attention to your candidate number. As I've said before it's done for every DCC competition. It means nothing to you.

I'd assume it's for outside the interview. IE when marking is been completed, that's all nameless and only a few people know your name and number. Might be to stop someone getting a hold of your results and tweaking them.

Similar to the leaving cert candidate numbers etc..

Or just for internal tracking, rather than names it would be easier to use a tracking number.

Christ I wish someone would put me out of my misery and give me the result :(

I'm like swings and roundabouts, I done well I think one monent, then the next I am annoyed cause I think of something and think I done awful that I got a grilling. Then I try not to think about it, I'll have to keep away from this forum, it does no good to me.

I'll go again if its comes around, but not too hopeful on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

No, it's for none of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Interview finished. They told me at the end that they're looking for a panel of 150 most probably and out of that
    100 to start this year they said??!!!
    100 this year!!
    Can someone tell me if I heard that correctly!!!

bono_v wrote: »
    Interview finished. They told me at the end that they're looking for a panel of 150 most probably and out of that
    100 to start this year they said??!!!
    100 this year!!
    Can someone tell me if I heard that correctly!!!

I was told this also. From a good source. It's their good intention! We see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Is everybody finding their interview is 30 minutes on the button? Other than the poster above which I think it was 17 minutes he/she said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

I wonder if there are any no-shows?
    100 this year is great news.

Latest is intention of 50 to start in June and 50 to start in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Chungwun wrote: »
    Latest is intention of 50 to start in June and 50 to start in December.

The chances of getting a job isn't too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Who does physical and medical? DCC?

Advertisement