Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmcg1982

I think a crowd called CHI do the med and DFB do physical in ObI pal

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Two friends have been in so far. One found it tough going and the other is pleased.

Neither told anything about classes or dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Two friends have been in so far. One found it tough going and the other is pleased.

Neither told anything about classes or dates

Probably depends on which interview panel your friends had. May have been different

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmcg1982

As I mentioned earlier mine was less than 20 mins the panel couldn't of been nicer. I felt it went well there was a few things that came to mind later in the day that I felt I should of added but I'm sure everyone is in the same boat. Just hoping my cv was my saving grace. The waiting is gonna be a pain but look we all done well getting the OOM we got to get to this stage out of 8000 odd so onwards and upwards from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Interview in the morning, looking forward to having it over and done with but really nervous about doing it! Quick question, is there parking in DCC or around the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 1986kennyd

Pay and display parking is available on the opposite side of the Liffey, I parked in Thomas Street multistorey myself, about 5 minutes walk. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Interview in the morning, looking forward to having it over and done with but really nervous about doing it! Quick question, is there parking in DCC or around the area?

I'd park in the Jervis and walk over.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Did anyone hear how many people are actually getting interviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

thatboy1 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear how many people are actually getting interviewed?

I heard 450-500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supersplit

479 I believe or close to that figure. few no shows alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

I heard there were quite a few academic types from DCU who topped the aptitude test the last time but had no intention of being firemen. I wonder if that was the case this time. May explain some of the no shows.

stringbox wrote: »
    I heard there were quite a few academic types from DCU who topped the aptitude test the last time but had no intention of being firemen. I wonder if that was the case this time. May explain some of the no shows.

I remember this actually!

Similar situation with the Garda also had a few no shows, a friend was at the fitness test and said some people there didn't seem to into and where trying to walk to course :confused:

I said to him that it was very strange to hear people going so far only to no care about the physical side of things, why bother applying in the first place, your only taking a place someone else can have.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

This has been an issue in all of DFB's recruitment in the last few years. Lads trying to get a job offer while in collage only to turn it down and ad it to their CV. Its a pain in the ass alright.

I have heard that not only a lot of acedemics are going for it but a lot or retained FF from ireland and the UK are also being interviewed. Being the 1st open recruitment in 9 years (2007) im guessing the standards are going to be in the upper stratosphere of high standards

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    This has been an issue in all of DFB's recruitment in the last few years. Lads trying to get a job offer while in collage only to turn it down and ad it to their CV. Its a pain in the ass alright.

I have heard that not only a lot of acedemics are going for it but a lot or retained FF from ireland and the UK are also being interviewed. Being the 1st open recruitment in 9 years (2007) im guessing the standards are going to be in the upper stratosphere of high standards

I'm 25 so this is the first opportunity I've had to go for this job given the 9 year freeze. How often would open competitions have been held prior to this? Hopefully it's a bit more regular in the future for any of us who don't get in this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    I'm 25 so this is the first opportunity I've had to go for this job given the 9 year freeze. How often would open competitions have been held prior to this? Hopefully it's a bit more regular in the future for any of us who don't get in this time!

I think around every 2 years on from around 2002, 2004, 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

Who decides what month you can be on the DFB calendar? My preference is Mr July but any of the summer months will do I'm not that fussy.

I handed my notice in last week. Before the interview, up **** creek now. Interview was a disaster. Guy might as well have nailed me to the funking cross.

Seems to be a variety of thoughts about the interviews and how they are going. I found mine actually a bit of craic! was more of a formal chat than a grilling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

supersplit wrote: »
    Seems to be a variety of thoughts about the interviews and how they are going. I found mine actually a bit of craic! was more of a formal chat than a grilling
    I would go as far to say more of mine was like an informal chat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

supersplit wrote: »

Yeh there was a lot of smiling and jokes in mine too. Don't know if that's good or bad?

bono_v wrote: »

Yeah probably more accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

Nothing like cracking a good joke in the interview, got four laughs out of them! ?format=1000w

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

I felt mine went more like I was a Russian spy captured by the CIA and was being questioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

I felt mine went more like I was a Russian spy captured by the CIA and was being questioned.

If you do well you get waterboarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

twinydavid wrote: »
    Yeh there was a lot of smiling and jokes in mine too. Don't know if that's good or bad?

Me neither!!

Me neither!!

if they laugh with you your good, at you tho, your ****ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

supersplit wrote:

I was in the exact same boat as this!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Jesus we must all be getting the job :D if only

• Advertisement

lets get a vote :D so who will I be seeing in June?? Im fairly confident after the interview :D:D

Advertisement