Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

supersplit wrote: »
    Why would you hand in your notice before sitting the interview? :D

I am just that good. I told them at the interview, 'Listen, no need for the chit chat, just pass me out I am DFB, job notice is handed in, just put me in now.' Then I ranted about how I made the BBC.

Sadly I was then hung out to dry by my cotton socks.

But seriously I once lifted a car off the ground with 4 sumo wrestlers inside, interview panel where mighty impressed with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillybally

anyone who has prepared for this competition knows the questions that will be asked, it's just about having the right answers and not letting nerves get the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Any sensible person prepares and keeps it to themselves. Not dishing out info to better the chances of others.

By the sounds of it, youse know it all anyway so congrats on getting #1 and #2.

Gillybally wrote: »
    anyone who has prepared for this competition knows the questions that will be asked, it's just about having the right answers and not letting nerves get the better.

I prepared but didn't have that one covered in fact it was on my too do list, I don't think it's exactly fair to be giving people automatic points over other people, fair enough if it was over but its still on going. Giving the answers on here could have just secured some guy his place on the panel that could have been yours.

I just don't think its fair on others to be Frank with you. It's not even preparing, your giving people a question that will come up and they will have more time to answer it and study it then you or I. You think you done well so are posting the questions up here, what if its not the case? What if it comes down to one question, the question you posted up here and the other person gave a much more detailed answer right down to how to a hydrogen atom is formed.

Ridiculous behavior.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I prepared but didn't have that one covered in fact it was on my too do list, I don't think it's exactly fair to be giving people automatic points over other people, fair enough if it was over but its still on going. Giving the answers on here could have just secured some guy his place on the panel that could have been yours.

I just don't think its fair on others to be Frank with you. It's not even preparing, your giving people a question that will come up and they will have more time to answer it and study it then you or I. You think you done well so are posting the questions up here, what if its not the case? What if it comes down to one question, the question you posted up here and the other person gave a much more detailed answer right down to how to a hydrogen atom is formed.

Ridiculous behavior.

It's an Internet forum. People can post whatever they want. The interview panel are looking for personality too. Having the heads up on a question isn't going to ensure the person has the right answer or the personality for the job. It's just very off putting for people coming on here. Everyone is shot down and mocked when asking a question, it's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

No point in looking at this anymore until results are out! Only one thing to do now.. 225bf3890bde96ee5fd18faad2cce05b.jpg

It's an Internet forum. People can post whatever they want. The interview panel are looking for personality too. Having the heads up on a question isn't going to ensure the person has the right answer or the personality for the job. It's just very off putting for people coming on here. Everyone is shot down and mocked when asking a question, it's ridiculous.

Having the heads up on a question is the difference of sounding competent of being caught totally off guard.

If I posted that I got asked the formula for calculating the area of a cylinder, people would revise it. Can't you see that? It's baffling how naive you are being in my opinion. Don't feel under attack.

I'm all for helping people out and Internet forums but seriously its a competion and youve just literally given a question out, not a hint not a bit of personality not a heads up a full on literal question, I'm sure at some stage in the future we will have to sign disclosure agreements before interviews. It's totally unfair on people to give out a question when there are still two week to go. I'm all for helping people when I am down there if I make it but right now I don't see why you'd risk another person getting ahead of you.

And youve hit a nerve with me, I'll be honest it caught me off guard and more than likely blew it for me the question. Not cause I didn't prepare, I was preparing in other areas and over looked that area, the most basic and yes it pisses me off as prepped alot for this interview.

It was my mistake but I thought its a competition others might not know it. Now everyone knows it and any hope I had is gone as others now have an upper hand on me. So thanks, you've just more than likely giving someone who put no effort into this a serious upper hand on a technical question and put me and the other guys who went first up **** creek, yet someone who lurks in the background on here and other forums soaking up everything a serious upper hand over me and yourself included. Utter madness, I just hope they run another comp and I won't be as quick to put my application in next time and become a lurker around here.

I'm all for helping people out and Internet forums but seriously its a competion and youve just literally given a question out, not a hint not a bit of personality not a heads up a full on literal question, I'm sure at some stage in the future we will have to sign disclosure agreements before interviews. It's totally unfair on people to give out a question when there are still two week to go. I'm all for helping people when I am down there if I make it but right now I don't see why you'd risk another person getting ahead of you.

I think you are mistaken, I didn't leak the question! Graham posted it. I personally wouldn't have myself but my problem is the negativity towards people when they ask a question.

I think you are mistaken, I didn't leak the question! Graham posted it. I personally wouldn't have myself but my problem is the negativity towards people when they ask a question.

I'm sorry. I am not taking a pop at your or the other user. Just seriously have a bit of reality, its a comp, people are going to be edgy and aggressive. I know I am stress over it, I just wish it was confirmed I didn't make it instead I have to wait and then read the question I ****ed up on posted up here, to only reinforce how much of a mess I made of the technical side of things and interview in general. You've know idea how pissed off I am at myself for not having it covered. Plain as day it was bound to surface and I had not got it boxed off, but had I been this Monday you guys would have saved my ass !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Just saying

Sorry if this have been asked before but will we all hear about our result at once or will the people who did the interview first hear first? I'm normally a very patient person but having an interview so early and not hearing about it for a month is slowing driving me mad.

I asked this during the interview, all at once. Hence my annoyance at the question been posted above. Said to expect results one week after last interview. There's a poster on here who is in the know who could confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

I'm pretty sure they mix it up a bit every week. They know well people will be talking over the weekends.

thatboy1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they mix it up a bit every week. They know well people will be talking over the weekends.

Apparently or so I have heard, you cannot do this with competency based interviews. You've to ask everyone the same questions and score them based on the set of questions given to everyone. I hope I am wrong on that one !

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

its astonishing watching lads coming apart at the seams. not in a point and laugh way but in a shocking kinda way. the craziness is coming out.... I agree that lads should not generally be posting stuff about the interview as it is at the end of the day a competition. but what has me blown away is the irony that some of these lads who cant sit and wait for the results and are loosing their minds are the same lads that are publicly declaring that they are perfect candidates to be DFB Firefighters. if you cant keep your bottle during the interview process what chances have you got when it comes to doing the BA course and you are trying to control your heart rate and breathing to conserve air,

for those that are waiting to go in to interview just do your best and be yourself, for those that have it done. get on with your life like you never applied. if you get in or not you have done all you can.

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    its astonishing watching lads coming apart at the seams. not in a point and laugh way but in a shocking kinda way. the craziness is coming out.... I agree that lads should not generally be posting stuff about the interview as it is at the end of the day a competition. but what has me blown away is the irony that some of these lads who cant sit and wait for the results and are loosing their minds are the same lads that are publicly declaring that they are perfect candidates to be DFB Firefighters. if you cant keep your bottle during the interview process what chances have you got when it comes to doing the BA course and you are trying to control your heart rate and breathing to conserve air,

for those that are waiting to go in to interview just do your best and be yourself, for those that have it done. get on with your life like you never applied. if you get in or not you have done all you can.

Don't really see why you are talking in plural terms.

There are a few lads who have the cop on to realise it is a competition and there is those who don't.

TallGlass (who I assume you are referring to as "bursting at the seems) is one poster. As far as I can read back, the others are calmly debating their stance on why you should not post interview questions on a public forum with 2 weeks of interviews left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supersplit

This is hilarious stuff! Results can't come quick enough to end all this crap

I advise anyone who is wound up over this forum to step away and withdraw your attention from here. It's doing nothing but bringing you down.

Log off, sit tight and roll with the punches

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Don't really see why you are talking in plural terms.

Because i am trying not to victimise a single candidate, but you go right ahead and take my previous ststement personally if you need to and make this about you....: or not ðŸ€

Because i am trying not to victimise a single candidate, but you go right ahead and take my previous ststement personally if you need to and make this about you....: or not ðŸ€

I haven't taken anything personal whatsoever, just pointed out lads aren't bursting at the seems.

Can we all agree to leave it at that and get on with this thread?

On another note, there are rumours gathering momentum that there will be 50 June, 50 Dec and 50 in 2017.

With this, you would expect a panel a little lager than 150.

Can we all agree to leave it at that and get on with this thread?

On another note, there are rumours gathering momentum that there will be 50 June, 50 Dec and 50 in 2017.

With this, you would expect a panel a little lager than 150.

Love that.... Can we leave it at that? ps here is another unsubstantiated rumour!

Half of thst is not a rumour. 2 classes this year one next year. Size has to to be comfirmed

• Advertisement

Jaysis folks, I am not bursting at the seems or anything like it! Just pointing out why you should not do it. It was bound to happen, just strange of all the times to post something stage 3 seems to me one of the worst to post it, what ever about my own personal view on it, you are hampering your own chances also.

As I said previously, I understand, I am all for helping people out and do it regularly while under pressure, I won't go into my background. But there's a time and a place, this to me isn't either.

I have to laugh you'd swear I was guarding the Coca Cola formula but when you've done a few of these campaigns you know how it can literally come down to single item between you and another person. The running for this is very tight, you might think you done well and you could have but so could the other 200/300 people before you. Sorry if I annoyed anyone but it's true and I do hope this people on here that are actively posting and contributing, helping others out do get a place. It's the people in the back not posting anything not helping others just taking everything for themselves that I would be referring too same for other site.

Best of luck again to all.

I would be referring too same for other site.

What other site does everyone keep refering?

Love that.... Can we leave it at that? ps here is another unsubstantiated rumour!

Half of thst is not a rumour. 2 classes this year one next year. Size has to to be comfirmed

Send me the link from SIPTU or DCC to confirm two classes this year and one next year.

I certainly haven't seen one so until confirmation, that's what you call a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

Send me the link from SIPTU or DCC to confirm two classes this year and one next year.

I certainly haven't seen one so until confirmation, that's what you call a rumour.

Wow, in what spectacular fashion you react! I leave a little bait for you and you dive all over it!! You are acting a little intense here pal, its like you feel you need to vet everybody's posts and steer the conversation to your end. But hey if DFB doesent work out im sure they would love to have you over at the "Internet Police"

This place is turning into the local asylum.

Wow, in what spectacular fashion you react! I leave a little bait for you and you dive all over it!! You are acting a little intense here pal, its like you feel you need to vet everybody's posts and steer the conversation to your end. But hey if DFB doesent work out im sure they would love to have you over at the "Internet Police"

Just asked you to verify a claim you make but you can't. That old chestnut of 'ha ha I was only joking'.

I hope your sense of humour really strikes the panel. You're an asset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Whats siptu got to do with it?

• Advertisement

Chungwun wrote: »
    Whats siptu got to do with it?

Just that they had their members balloting strike action and that is where the agreement for 66 jobs came about.

That's why I referred to the 50, 50, 50 as rumour as I cannot find anything that confirms it.

Advertisement