Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Just asked you to verify a claim you make but you can't. That old chestnut of 'ha ha I was only joking'.

I hope your sense of humour really strikes the panel. You're an asset

and there he goes again....!

830.png

That old chestnut of 'ha ha I was only joking, under section 21 of the "I got bullied in School act" of 1984 I herby sentence you to death! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmcg1982

A bit confrontational there kilodelta not a trait you want goi g into the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

Loads and loads of know it alls on this

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

I hope some admin deletes the last two or three pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

At least some here have the privilege of being the first to wear DFB's shiny new gold turnout gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

We expecting results week of 21st ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

Grahamfire wrote: »
    We expecting results week of 21st ?
    I would assume the week after. Before 31st anyway.

Such an agonising wait

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

Such an agonising wait
    To be fair it's a quick turnover from interviews to finding out if you got in. I was anticipating a longer wait.

To be fair it's a quick turnover from interviews to finding out if you got in. I was anticipating a longer wait.

True. Anyone have any concrete information for panel size? I seen someone mentioned 150 and that the interview board informed them of this. Also how many interviews 450 ? 1:3 is super chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

True. Anyone have any concrete information for panel size? I seen someone mentioned 150 and that the interview board informed them of this. Also how many interviews 450 ? 1:3 is super chances

I heard from a guy in the job, but not necessarily in the know, that he heard there are 275 interviews and 100 jobs this year. 3 classes to go in from this competition. He's got nothing to do with recruitment though so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Could just be a bit of Chinese whisperers. It sounds too good to be true. Please don't shoot the messenger :P

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    I heard from a guy in the job, but not necessarily in the know, that he heard there are 275 interviews and 100 jobs this year. 3 classes to go in from this competition. He's got nothing to do with recruitment though so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Could just be a bit of Chinese whisperers. It sounds too good to be true. Please don't shoot the messenger 😉

Bang

thesamster wrote: »
    Bang

Iv a friend that's 400+ on OOM that has interview this week so wouldn't be to sure on the 275. What I want to find out most is panel size

Im shocked at the amount of people asking basic questions that are included in material sent to candidates. For example when the results are out. It states

"The results of this competition will be released by way of letter to your home address no later than Thursday 31st March 2016"

It was also confirmed that 450 were sent forward to interview.

Anyone that has put the work in for the imterview id say is feeling confident about their chances if a lot of candidates are not even capable of readingthe letter sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

It's either 464 or 484 being interviewed but not all will attend.

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    Im shocked at the amount of people asking basic questions that are included in material sent to candidates. For example when the results are out. It states

"The results of this competition will be released by way of letter to your home address no later than Thursday 31st March 2016"

It was also confirmed that 450 were sent forward to interview.

Anyone that has put the work in for the imterview id say is feeling confident about their chances if a lot of candidates are not even capable of readingthe letter sent out

Were in my letter does it say 450. Always states the latest date we will have results by. Not the earliest Smart arse

It's either 464 or 484 being interviewed but not all will attend.

Thanks seem to be one of very few not talking ****e

Were in my letter does it say 450. Always states the latest date we will have results by. Not the earliest Smart arse

Smart arse? Nice response. The 450 has been confirmed on a number of occasions by the DCC staff when enquired. Also one poster also noted the panel confirmed this.

Ps. high strung much!!

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    Smart arse? Nice response. The 450 has been confirmed on a number of occasions by the DCC staff when enquired. Also one poster also noted the panel confirmed this.

Ps. high strung much!!

You are tho making me out to have made no effort. I put everything into this hole process I was in top 100 OOM and my interview went fantastic so why get a dig in about not knowing ? I haven't been talking to any DCC staff. Everyone needs to take a step down on this

You are tho making me out to have made no effort. I put everything into this hole process I was in top 100 OOM and my interview went fantastic so why get a dig in about not knowing ? I haven't been talking to any DCC staff. Everyone needs to take a step down on this

Nobody accused you personally of anything. It was a general statement made and you are clearly hypersensitive due to the situation and have taken it personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Jesus!!! There's going to be some bitching and rowing in the first recruit class if some of you lot get high on the panel:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Just treat him as a WUM. He has zero credibility as far as I can see anyway.

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Just treat him as a WUM. He has zero credibility as far as I can see anyway.

oh look, here comes the internet police again!!

internet-police-someone-t2cqd7.jpg

I wish the very best of luck to everyone at end of day this is 95% of us on here dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

-snip-

Haha brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Taken from DFB Phibsboro facebook page. Posted June 2015.

** Dublin Fire Brigade Recruitment **
    66 Positions available - Firefighter / Paramedic

The DFB are set to advertise in the coming months/weeks for the position of Firefighter / Paramedic within the brigade. A total of 66 positions are open for general application from all members of the public, with a hope to begin recruit training early 2016. Sign up at the link below at Public Jobs and set notification for Firefighters jobs to get all the info as soon as the positions are advertised. We wish the best of luck to all those who apply.

Not too sure if this has changed, or what the panel size would be. I know people on here have suggested different figures and some seem to have been on the ball throughout this thread.

Best of luck to everyone who is yet to interview anyway. I have mine this week. Nervous as hell but preparation is done and dusted. Just hoping for no major curveballs and I should be in with a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    Taken from DFB Phibsboro facebook page. Posted June 2015.

** Dublin Fire Brigade Recruitment **
    66 Positions available - Firefighter / Paramedic

The DFB are set to advertise in the coming months/weeks for the position of Firefighter / Paramedic within the brigade. A total of 66 positions are open for general application from all members of the public, with a hope to begin recruit training early 2016. Sign up at the link below at Public Jobs and set notification for Firefighters jobs to get all the info as soon as the positions are advertised. We wish the best of luck to all those who apply.

Not too sure if this has changed, or what the panel size would be. I know people on here have suggested different figures and some seem to have been on the ball throughout this thread.

Best of luck to everyone who is yet to interview anyway. I have mine this week. Nervous as hell but preparation is done and dusted. Just hoping for no major curveballs and I should be in with a shout!

I have stayed with the mentality of there is only 66 guaranteed jobs so it's more of a 1:7 ratio as opposed to thinking of panels of 150 and saying 1:3 ratio.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, DFB can have lads saying we are hoping to get 100 new recruits but it's DCC with the magic pencil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

I think an eight month old press release is as good as a rumour at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Does it matter how many jobs there are?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Does it matter how many jobs there are?

I think it might matter !

:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement