Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

TallGlass wrote: »
    I think it might matter !

:pac::pac::pac:

Knowing how many jobs there are doesn't matter though. There is a limit, and that's it. Knowing what that limit is won't make any of us more or less likely to get the job! Let's all relax until the end of the month and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    Knowing how many jobs there are doesn't matter though. There is a limit, and that's it. Knowing what that limit is won't make any of us more or less likely to get the job! Let's all relax until the end of the month and see what happens

Apart from me. I'll relax when my interview is done tomorrow... ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY THEY'RE HIRING?!?!?!?!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    Apart from me. I'll relax when my interview is done tomorrow... ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY THEY'RE HIRING?!?!?!?!!!!!

But it would matter, if it's 66 people you want your not going to hire the 67th person. You should still aim to do as well as you can in the interview.

Best of luck tomorrow. (Then you'll start to have a nervous break down with the wait as is described by some users on this thread) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

TallGlass wrote: »
    But it would matter, if it's 66 people you want your not going to hire the 67th person. You should still aim to do as well as you can in the interview.

Best of luck tomorrow. (Then you'll start to have a nervous break down with the wait as is described by some users on this thread) :rolleyes:

Why dont ya just aim to be number 1 and stop worrying about how bad youre allowed be.

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Why dont ya just aim to be number 1 and stop worrying about how bad youre allowed be.

Few lads on here are going -1 to be honest. You'd need to be aiming for -66.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Was talking to someone there that would be very reliable source in DFB. 120-150 panel 3-4 classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

I wonder if the panels get tired of hearing the same stuff every day for 3 weeks.

stringbox wrote: »
    I wonder if the panels get tired of hearing the same stuff every day for 3 weeks.

I'd say there falling asleep. The bright sparks will keep them going tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I'd say there falling asleep. The bright sparks will keep them going tho

Pun intended?

Pun intended?

Only noticed that 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

Will everybody be given a final ranking place or just people on the panel?
    Or would people who just miss out on the panel be told to stay ready in case of dropouts?

There definitely will be one or two who fail the medical. It's guaranteed with a group that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Only people who are successful will be given a placing (on the panel). The others will be told they are unsuccessful.

No matter who your source is in DFB they are not going to know the exact number on the panel.

Only people who are successful will be given a placing (on the panel). The others will be told they are unsuccessful.

No matter who your source is in DFB they are not going to know the exact number on the panel.

Just the man I was hoping would reply. Thanks

Honest question here, but if someone has blatantly failed the interview and doesn't mean the target. Why keep them waiting, would it not be better to let them know. Why the wait?

It's generally the policy within the public sector to release results once the competition has concluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

If the panel is 150 does the lot do the medical or just the 50 going forward to start in the coming months .

It's organised per class.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Well that interview felt like it flew in. I walked out thinking what did I just talk about for the last half an hour. Must of went into auto pilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

It really does fly alright! Genuinely felt like 5 mins!
    People interviewing put you at ease though I thought.
    Best of luck to those yet to do it.

• Advertisement

There really nice and make you at ease. A lot of people getting on great going to be hard for them putting that panel together I say !

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Well that interview felt like it flew in. I walked out thinking what did I just talk about for the last half an hour. Must of went into auto pilot.

Wait till later . You'll be going over everything again when it will be coming back slowly . Have done mine 101 times since last week 😀😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

Had my interview today, went ok I suppose was in around 25-30 mins. Could of been worse however forgot a few things that might have helped. It's hard to keep your train of thought as questions are flying from all angles. They never stopped taken notes all the way through the interview which I hope is a good sign.
    Interviewers were very nice and helped you along.

Very young looking interviewees when I was there which was surprising. Terrible wait ahead.

jayroyal wrote: »
    Had my interview today, went ok I suppose was in around 25-30 mins. Could of been worse however forgot a few things that might have helped. It's hard to keep your train of thought as questions are flying from all angles. They never stopped taken notes all the way through the interview which I hope is a good sign.
    Interviewers were very nice and helped you along.

Very young looking interviewees when I was there which was surprising. Terrible wait ahead.

Tell me about it last week feels like last month . Just relax now and let it do the course . It's done now nothing you can do about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Hi,

I had my interview today, I was chatting to a candidate in the lobby and he told me about this forum. I was absolutely thrilled with my interview. I was very nervous leading up to it. Did a lot of research including reading the fire services act, learning the firefighters hand book along with legislation surrounding the role. I know it was way over the top but i was happy knowing i had at least touched on all areas of the role. interview took full 30 mins. Started off fairly formal and finished up with the entire panel laughing and joking. turned out i had a fair bit in common hobby wise with one of the chaps on the panel i think that made things a little easier. The HR person used to work in the same industry as i am currently in so they understood well the stories i was telling.

All in all it was a very positive experience. I was able to answer all questions that were put to me and also elaborate on them and add some of the history behind them. I felt i got great feedback from the panel so i feel i did the best job i could have done. weather i get it or not i dont know but i feel at least i put across everything i wanted to and they heard everything i wanted to say,

I have heard the standard is very high with a lot of retained firefighters going for it along with firefighters from the UK and also candidates with engineering degrees. so i have no idea if i will get good news or not but what ever happens i am happy with my performance.

Hi,

I had my interview today, I was chatting to a candidate in the lobby and he told me about this forum. I was absolutely thrilled with my interview. I was very nervous leading up to it. Did a lot of research including reading the fire services act, learning the firefighters hand book along with legislation surrounding the role. I know it was way over the top but i was happy knowing i had at least touched on all areas of the role. interview took full 30 mins. Started off fairly formal and finished up with the entire panel laughing and joking. turned out i had a fair bit in common hobby wise with one of the chaps on the panel i think that made things a little easier. The HR person used to work in the same industry as i am currently in so they understood well the stories i was telling.

All in all it was a very positive experience. I was able to answer all questions that were put to me and also elaborate on them and add some of the history behind them. I felt i got great feedback from the panel so i feel i did the best job i could have done. weather i get it or not i dont know but i feel at least i put across everything i wanted to and they heard everything i wanted to say,

I have heard the standard is very high with a lot of retained firefighters going for it along with firefighters from the UK and also candidates with engineering degrees. so i have no idea if i will get good news or not but what ever happens i am happy with my performance.

Well done one less place in the panel

jayroyal wrote: »
    Well done one less place in the panel

I was just thinking the same! Hopefully there's one spot on the panel left for me!

Hi,

What station are you going to pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

stringbox wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same! Hopefully there's one spot on the panel left for me!

I wouldnt go that far. As long as there are still people to interview the spaces are wide open. If you want the job you will do the work and shine on the day. Its still all to play for with 6 days of interviews left to go

• Advertisement

Hi,

What industry have you worked in ?

Advertisement