Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

jayroyal wrote: »
    What industry have you worked in ?

Hospitality

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Had my interview yesterday too. Thought it went well enough to get myself into the hunt for a spot on the panel. Definitely not number 1 but if it's a bit panel then might sneak on... Then I came on and read this TJHooker lads post... Well done to you sir! Sounds like you had an amazing experience... Feck ya :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The more I read on here the more I wish I was one of the last people to go into it, just so that I knew how high to set my game (which to be honest I thought was high!). Seems some guys had great interviews, well done. I'd consider myself honestly out, the bar is set extremely high going into this.

Always refreshing to come out of an interview feeling good about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

I've done a fair few of these interviews,it may seem relaxed and quite chillled but you might not be hitting any of the keywords on their list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Fr.damo wrote: »
    I've done a fair few of these interviews,it may seem relaxed and quite chillled but you might not be hitting any of the keywords on their list

I was thinking that, I had my interview this morning and I think it went pretty well but there was a lot of stuff I put on the form that we didn't get around to talking about. It felt like they were pushing me out the door at the 30 minute mark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Fr.damo wrote: »

Well i hit all of my competencies along with a lot of the personal atributes. Like i said its a tough conpetition and it will be interesting to see the outcome. After the interviews have closed i will be happy to discuss the questions i was asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Well i hit all of my competencies along with a lot of the personal atributes. Like i said its a tough conpetition and it will be interesting to see the outcome. After the interviews have closed i will be happy to discuss the questions i was asked.
    Sorry that wasnt aimed at you,it was just a general comment on that type of interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

defo enjoyed that interview, not sure at all how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

defo enjoyed that interview, not sure at all how it went.

I must have been the only one under pressure . Only enjoyed it when it was over .

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

thesamster wrote: »
    I must have been the only one under pressure . Only enjoyed it when it was over .

I certainly didn't find it easy but I'm sure it's down to the interview panel on which you got. The panels must all have the same criteria for marking and this is what matters, not that you had a nice chat with them.

It will be interesting to hear other guys experiences on how different interview panels approached things.

I also was talking to a girl in HR and she said a good few people pulled out for one reason or another but didn't give me a number. That's some sort of a help.

• Advertisement

jayroyal wrote: »
    I certainly didn't find it easy but I'm sure it's down to the interview panel on which you got. The panels must all have the same criteria for marking and this is what matters, not that you had a nice chat with them.

It will be interesting to hear other guys experiences on how different interview panels approached things.

I also was talking to a girl in HR and she said a good few people pulled out for one reason or another but didn't give me a number. That's some sort of a help.

There's a few in the running for the guards that might get a call . Make the list a little smaller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Today is the last day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Do they not finish the 18th?

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Do they not finish the 18th?

Next Friday is the finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Today is the last day?

18th, next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

There's a few in the running for the guards that might get a call . Make the list a little smaller

Re the guards I just got an email with my date for the supervised test in chapel house. I would much rather be a FF/P than a guard though oink oink. But the thing about the guards is that it would suit people who don't want to be stationed in Dublin.

Still you have a choice of both . If you were put on the panel and had to wait a year for DFB you'd think about joining the guards . Happy days for anybody in that position

In my eyes guards is incomparable to the DFB. The **** the poor guards deal with these days. Things are also getting very violent in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

stringbox wrote: »
    Re the guards I just got an email with my date for the supervised test in chapel house. I would much rather be a FF/P than a guard though oink oink. But the thing about the guards is that it would suit people who don't want to be stationed in Dublin.

I know the position your in. All I can say is do your best for the aptitude tests in the Guards like you did for DFB. Remember its not unheard of for Guards to apply and get a job in the DFB for one reason or another. ( Usually the shift pattern and location of the DFB suits families better )

Its not like the Guards where the age cut off limit is 35 these days ( I think ). And the Guards is great ''experience'' within reason for the DFB.

At the end of the day the road is long and by taking the Guards your not closing the door on the DFB if it came to that but I hope you get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

Grahamfire wrote: »
    In my eyes guards is incomparable to the DFB. The **** the poor guards deal with these days. Things are also getting very violent in the city.

I know of Guards going to the DFB but I don't know of firefighters going to the Guards put it that way!

• Advertisement

I know of Guards going to the DFB but I don't know of firefighters going to the Guards put it that way!

You said it !

That's not someone who really wants the job. You do everything in your power to prep for an opportunity like this if you want it !

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

I'm an advanced paramedic with the defence forces. I've my interview at the end of next week.
    I'm pretty confident I have the experience needed to do a good interview.
    Thanks for the heads up mcmuffin I'll box that off before my interview.
    And thanks to everyone else for the info for my interview.
    Best of luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Lol....squirrel nuts

Your probably taking the p*** but your spot on!

Have to laugh at what people have posted while the competition is still ongoing.

I never asked in the interview but is the panel 150 or less I've heard a few others numbers been put out there and is there 3 classes of 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scuba_tom

I never asked in the interview but is the panel 150 or less I've heard a few others numbers been put out there and is there 3 classes of 50.

No one on here knows exactly what the panel size will be (and if they do they're not saying). We'll find out in about 2 weeks. Given the fact that FF had to threaten strike action for this process to go ahead I'm not holding out much hope for a big panel although I could be wrong. Best of luck to everyone who has interviews this week, it's been a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HopefulFireman

Anyone know what the story is regarding this position, I applied in December but haven't heard a dickie bird yet???

You have successfully submitted your application for the position of
    Emergency Service Controller Temporary. We will be in touch with you as
    soon as we can to update you on campaign progress.

3 days of interviews left. Nail biting stuff. Obviously they take paddys day off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Grahamfire wrote:
    3 days of interviews left. Nail biting stuff. Obviously they take paddys day off ?

Dying to hear result of interview, one way or another!! Try to forget about it but every now and again it pops in and hard to get rid of again!! just over 2 weeks left to go!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillybally

Anyone know what the story is regarding this position, I applied in December but haven't heard a dickie bird yet???

You have successfully submitted your application for the position of
    Emergency Service Controller Temporary. We will be in touch with you as
    soon as we can to update you on campaign progress.

The interviews are nearly over and altitudes done. Not sure why you never heard back...

Advertisement