Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Dying to hear result of interview, one way or another!! Try to forget about it but every now and again it pops in and hard to get rid of again!! just over 2 weeks left to go!!!

Could be less. At latest 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HopefulFireman

That's for firefighter role, no? I've done the interview,

I was asking about the temporary control room position, I never heard back about that

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillybally

Anyone know what the story is regarding this position, I applied in December but haven't heard a dickie bird yet???

You have successfully submitted your application for the position of
    Emergency Service Controller Temporary. We will be in touch with you as
    soon as we can to update you on campaign progress.

The interviews are nearly over and altitudes done. Not sure why you never heard back...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillybally

That's for firefighter role, no? I've done the interview,

I was asking about the temporary control room position, I never heard back about that

Sorry that's a different thread, this is for firefighter role.

Once Friday evening comes we can all post what questions we were asked and how we answered them etc

I got asked a few beauties 😀😀😀

• Advertisement

Once Friday evening comes we can all post what questions we were asked and how we answered them etc

I got asked a few beauties 😀😀😀

Same with me. Few weird ones to really catch you out carector wise

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

I've had about a week to let it sink in now and I'm thinking that if I'm gonna make it onto the panel then I'll be in a relegation battle. Might squeak in though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    I've had about a week to let it sink in now and I'm thinking that if I'm gonna make it onto the panel then I'll be in a relegation battle. Might squeak in though!

Don't knock yourself lad, leave that to the panel!

Re the ESC job, I also applied and have heard nothing, so I wouldn't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

All that's s keeping me going is that I thought I failed the maths and observation the second time but I actually done okay in them. Hoping it's the same this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Gillybally wrote: »
    The interviews are nearly over and altitudes done. Not sure why you never heard back...[/QUOTE

First stage testing will be sent out within the next two weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

Gillybally wrote: »
    The interviews are nearly over and altitudes done. Not sure why you never heard back...

I rang them last week, they said 2-3 weeks. Probably getting the current competition out of the way first.

If successful first class starting 27th June

Where's that info coming from, if you don't mind me asking

Grahamfire wrote:

Where's that info coming from if you don't mind me asking

Was talking to HR about dates for starting IF successful. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:

I was told 1st class from this recruitment is starting on the 7th June. That was from a firefighter who has been told he is training the class.

Just going on what HR guy told me. Maybe I miss heard and its 7th !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

LOL, I was told late June/early August ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Jaysus lads if you let them off the phone for a minute in DCC they might get the results out a bit faster.

Sure you wouldn't expect possible employees to call to find out dates so they can organise holidays and things in current job would you. Amount of dickheads on this is actually funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

I heard from a reliable source there will be 300-400 jobs in the next 3 years.

300-400 a bit optimistic but if so would make no sense not to make a big panel this competition so!

I heard from a reliable source there will be 300-400 jobs in the next 3 years.

Calm down there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Woohooooo!!! Panel positions for everyone!!

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Sure you wouldn't expect possible employees to call to find out dates so they can organise holidays and things in current job would you. Amount of dickheads on this is actually funny.

But Graham you'd have to leave your current job regardless, there'll be plenty of notice, regards handing in your notice, regards holidays you'll have to go by there time table, I am guessing a week or two break somewhere in the 6 months.

There are a fair few nutters on here (boards in general), I joined them at one stage on here, but have calmed down and have settled with the fact there's a fair chance I won't get in. I'll try again, just hope it comes up again.

Am I right in saying that we can use our stage 2 results for the DFB control room jobs that are coming up? As in we should get automatic interview again. Or am I in cray cray land.

Woohooooo!!! Panel positions for everyone!!

Jobs for the boys :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

First class is pencilled in for June 27. Was originally supposed to be 2 weeks earlier but has been pushed back.

That could change again but i wouldn't think it would be by any big margin

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Reports are there have been many noshows. Somepeople were called in 4 days early to fill the gaps.

Reports are there have been many noshows. Somepeople were called in 4 days early to fill the gaps.

Reports from? Not being smart either asking :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

What is the manning level supposed to be? I know it's 900 at the moment.

Is all current recruitment just to cover retirement or to raise the numbers?

Advertisement