Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

The fire service rarely hires anyone without life experience 25 onwards is an ideal age. But there are plenty of people younger than that who got the job. Bottom line is over 300 people next week will have their dreams ruined. Life roles on. It's only a job not life and death.

Irishfireservices.ie say average recruit age 23-27?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

All letters will go together. Interview boards are finished Friday night so in the event of everything going smoothly the letters could get earlier.

Will we receive our scoring with the letter as in our overall score pass or fail?

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Irishfireservices.ie say average recruit age 23-27?
    Which ties in with what I said. Young and old I know got the job and everyone in between too. Life experience is important they don't want people who have only school experience generally. They want you to be out in the workforce for a period which I'm sure we all have that criteria. Our misery is nearing an end.

Which ties in with what I said. Young and old I know got the job and everyone in between too. Life experience is important they don't want people who have only school experience generally. They want you to be out in the workforce for a period which I'm sure we all have that criteria. Our misery is nearing an end.

It takes a lot out of you this process. Well for me anyway it's been in my head 24/7 really has. It's been my dream. My father was 30 years in DFB grew up around it and it's all I ever wanted to do.

Family ties certainly helps! It's all I wanted too my third interview count yourself lucky! If I don't get it this time I quit!

• Advertisement

Family ties certainly helps! It's all I wanted too my third interview count yourself lucky! If I don't get it this time I quit!

The days of people making a phone call are gone I can assure you of that. What do you think was your downfall last 2 attempts ?

First time I didn't prepare I just applied and expected it to happen. I was in a job that I didn't mind at the time and my lack of prep found me out. Second time I learnt alot but nerves got me I absolutely hate interviews and am terrible at them. This time I did good in parts but didn't answer all questions I got caught out on some simple ones but tried to use logic on the spot! My gut says I didn't do enough this time. But I have a great cv and lots of skills and family in it. So I'm hoping they see the broader picture. If I don't succeed this time it isn't meant to be!

First time I didn't prepare I just applied and expected it to happen. I was in a job that I didn't mind at the time and my lack of prep found me out. Second time I learnt alot but nerves got me I absolutely hate interviews and am terrible at them. This time I did good in parts but didn't answer all questions I got caught out on some simple ones but tried to use logic on the spot! My gut says I didn't do enough this time. But I have a great cv and lots of skills and family in it. So I'm hoping they see the broader picture. If I don't succeed this time it isn't meant to be!

Hopefully you get good news in the post next week bud! Praying I get onto the panel !

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Will we receive our scoring with the letter as in our overall score pass or fail?

No. You'll need to request this from HR after you've received the letter.

If unsuccessful do they give you the reason ?

• Advertisement

If unsuccessful do they give you the reason ?

It's a points scoring system you either score enough or you don't that is your reason I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

Is there a certain score that if you score over you get on the panel? Hence why there is no total panel number yet decided!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Anyone got an interview in friday? Just want to check if its true that all fridays interviews were moved forward and are now complete

jayroyal wrote: »
    Is there a certain score that if you score over you get on the panel? Hence why there is no total panel number yet decided!!

Pretty much spot on. But the 'goalposts' can be moved depending on the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scuba_tom

Anyone got an interview in friday? Just want to check if its true that all fridays interviews were moved forward and are now complete

Be great if it was true - every little helps!

Still a few Friday morning.

Still a few Friday morning.

Is the panel released internally a day or two before letters are received ?

Not that I'm aware.

Happy St Patrick's days guys hopefully some of us next year will be celebrating it on a fire appliance 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HopefulFireman

Does anyone know what the medical and physical entails

• Advertisement

Medical is general full check over and blood test and drug test. Eyes 6/6 each eye unaided although the place that do the medical have revised requirements and it is now 6/7.5 good eye 6/12 bad eye unaided. Physical is CPAT test look it up on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Medical bis general full check over and blood test and drug test. Eyes 6/6 each eye unaided although the place that do the medical have revised requirements and it is now 6/7.5 good eye 6/12 bad eye unaided. Physical is CPAT test look it up on YouTube.
    how do you know those eyesight requirements? Is That from the medical place themselves? I've been finding it hard to get info re eyesight.
    It used to be the case if you failed the eye test you could go get them lasered. Dunno if that's acceptable anymore.

bono_v wrote: »
    how do you know those eyesight requirements? Is That from the medical place themselves? I've been finding it hard to get info re eyesight.
    It used to be the case if you failed the eye test you could go get them lasered. Dunno if that's acceptable anymore.

I rang them as I was worried about it. They confirmed they changed requirements recently. Cooperate health in IFSC doing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

GAH can't find my interview letter anywhere, I have my interview tomorrow morning, can anyone tell me where I have to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

fartyarse wrote: »
    GAH can't find my interview letter anywhere, I have my interview tomorrow morning, can anyone tell me where I have to go?

4th floor in Dublin City Council on wood quay. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

I rang them as I was worried about it. They confirmed they changed requirements recently. Cooperate health in IFSC doing them
    where you actually onto corporate health or were you onto hr?
    I rang corporate health a while back about eyesight requirements and that weren't too generous with info!
    Maybe just the person I was talking to. Might try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Fran1985 wrote: »
    4th floor in Dublin City Council on wood quay. Best of luck with it

Thanks a million Fran! Hectic few days, trying to cram a bit now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wannabehero

Does anyone know what the medical and physical entails

Hello hopefulfireman. Apparently there's a few new physical tests on the curriculum this year. The first new one is called the dodge moped test where you have to cross a main thoroughfare without getting hit by an oncoming moped. The second new one is the attic test where you must jump beams in an attic without falling through. Quite tough I heard but you should be well able for them.

fartyarse wrote: »

Block 4 floor 4 DCC woodquay

• Advertisement

bono_v wrote: »
    where you actually onto corporate health or were you onto hr?
    I rang corporate health a while back about eyesight requirements and that weren't too generous with info!
    Maybe just the person I was talking to. Might try again tomorrow.

I called them. Very helpful they actually got doctor to call me back

Advertisement