Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

If the opportunity arises I will. But there are no guarantees competition is cutthroat. This is my third time to apply for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Regarding current firefighters and paramedics applying for the role i personally dont believe they will take that many. There will be of course many lads that are excellent candidates but dont forget retained is a completely different kettle of fish to wholetime. DFB cant simply take 20 HSE paramedics. Its robbing peter to pay paul. HSE would have to recruit and would cost money etc. Friendships are tenuous at the best of times between DFB And HSE for them to recruit a batch of HSE could be bad for business. This is just my opinion.

My prediction is results will be with us tuesday 29th. With the good friday and bank holiday monday lots of public service staff take mid term holidays so i think they will be sent out before good friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Everything is finalised. I'd be shocked if people didn't get their letters this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Regarding current firefighters and paramedics applying for the role i personally dont believe they will take that many. There will be of course many lads that are excellent candidates but dont forget retained is a completely different kettle of fish to wholetime. DFB cant simply take 20 HSE paramedics. Its robbing peter to pay paul. HSE would have to recruit and would cost money etc. Friendships are tenuous at the best of times between DFB And HSE for them to recruit a batch of HSE could be bad for business. This is just my opinion.

My prediction is results will be with us tuesday 29th. With the good friday and bank holiday monday lots of public service staff take mid term holidays so i think they will be sent out before good friday.

DFB will do what's best for DFB. HSE, defence forces, UK and retained fire services won't even come into consideration when they are making their panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

If you've dreamt of dfb for years and are unsuccessful next week and actually really want dfb apply and join NAS or another fire service between now and the next dfb recruitment.

We see what happens this week. Last recruitment in 2007 I was too young. So this was first time I went for it

• Advertisement

Grahamfire wrote: »
    We see what happens this week. Last recruitment in 2007 I was too young. So this was first time I went for it

Whatever the outcome you have lots of time ahead!

Wharever the outcome gents its been a rollercoaster of a ride funny i found this forum after the interview. To summarise whats done is done, nothing can change it. We either did enough or we Didn't! I wonder whats ahead. To BA or to to BA...... Ahh come on that was funny!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Isn't the NAS an absolute pain to get into? Can't see why anyone would want to leave after going to the effort of firstly getting in, then undergoing the training/college course. As for LFB, again bizarre going over doing training only to apply again over here. If I was to join the PSNI/Police in the UK I wouldn't be doing so with the intention of coming back to Ireland let alone the Garda.

If people get in then they get in, I won't be a begrudge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Everything is finalised. I'd be shocked if people didn't get their letters this week.

Have you any idea on numbers Arra?

I'm sure you do, but numbers you're willing to share!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

stringbox wrote: »
    I did that course in Temple Bar too, I was surprised to see that there was only ~45 on it. How were other people preparing? The mock interview was the best thing I did to prepare.

You don't have to pay 150€ to have a fake interview to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

It does seems unfair that so many current FF and paramedics are in for it but there is no law against it. As I said before they are not likely to fail are they? Seems there are at least 50 who are either current firefighter or paramedics from what others have said. So essentially a full class! Limits us outsiders massively you would think.

Are you just making this up or were you standing in block 4 asking people what they do for a living? 50 out of the 400 are currently working as paramedics of ff in another country??

• Advertisement

derra_121 wrote: »
    Are you just making this up or were you standing in block 4 asking people what they do for a living? 50 out of the 400 are currently working as paramedics of ff in another country??

It would mean 1 in every 10 or more were FF/PM I highly dought that

derra_121 wrote: »

I'm going on what others said. One guy said 30 from NAS aswell as retained and British personnel so ballpark 50 not far off but how true his statement was is anyone's guess.

I'm going on what others said. One guy said 30 from NAS aswell as retained and British personnel so ballpark 50 not far off but how true his statement was is anyone's guess.
    30 from NAS applied or 30 got to interview ?

489 were interviewed or scheduled for interview.

30 from NAS applied or 30 got to interview ?

Look back a few pages I believe he said for interview. But it's probably not accurate.

Talking to a Firefighter friend of mine who said, The standard of interviews is supposed to be extremely high, several London firefighters, over 30 members of the National ambulance service have been interviewed too.

Will they want people that are already "moulded" or will they want to recruit people that they can mould into what they want them to be?

I heard a 20 year old went in and did an unbelievable interview but won't get it cos of his age

That is what was said

Seemingly 30+ didn't accept interview and non turn ups

So lets say 40 total no shows still leaves 450 with definitely 100 spots up for grabs. I'm my opinion if your in the top 150 very good chance of getting it at some point.

So lets say 40 total no shows still leaves 450 with definitely 100 spots up for grabs. I'm my opinion if your in the top 150 very good chance of getting it at some point.

Same person who told me 30+ no shows told me 120 panel. First of all wanted 150 but due to situation with ambulance they didn't want to risk a panel ditch like last time

Bare in mind though if they want two classes of 50 this year which they do.120 only gives them 20 spots to play with. There will be some who won't accept the job there will be some who won't pass fitness or medical. Top 100 was my goal from the start but a miracle is needed.

• Advertisement

Bare in mind though if they want two classes of 50 this year which they do.120 only gives them 20 spots to play with. There will be some who won't accept the job there will be some who won't pass fitness or medical. Top 100 was my goal from the start but a miracle is needed.

Is it not the same setup as last time once panel is finalised it can be checked online by DFB personnel ? Arra maybe you can shed more info

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Same person who told me 30+ no shows told me 120 panel. First of all wanted 150 but due to situation with ambulance they didn't want to risk a panel ditch like last time

Care to elaborate on situation with ambulance?

Horusire wrote: »
    Care to elaborate on situation with ambulance?

City manager wants to axe it. Can't see happening

City manager wants to axe it. Can't see happening

I agree. It would be an awful mistake to make, with some city services now turning joint fire/ems, think I was watching something and LFB are training some fire crews up to paramedic level so if no ambulances available youll get a fire engine. Mind you only for serious stuff.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I agree. It would be an awful mistake to make, with some city services now turning joint fire/ems, think I was watching something and LFB are training some fire crews up to paramedic level so if no ambulances available youll get a fire engine. Mind you only for serious stuff.

Statistics show Dublin is the 2nd best city in Europe to survive a cardiac event

Personally i cant see them axeing the amblance. The service is world class and being used as the new benchmark around the world. The city manager will have a row with DFB and there will be a flurry of press releases from DFB and siptu etc and in the end they will stay as is if not they will take all the ambulance service in Dublin. Time will tell

I wonder will lads be checking the post box like its Christmas morning all this week. I know i will!

Statistics show Dublin is the 2nd best city in Europe to survive a cardiac event

Yup, pretty good statistic to be honest, first place was in the US somewhere.

It be an awful stupid mistake to ditch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

489 were interviewed or scheduled for interview.
    Nope

Nope

Enlighten me

• Advertisement

It's either 464 or 484 being interviewed but not all will attend.

Definitely more than 464 I know someone who was after that in the OOM

Advertisement