Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

I was talking to them today. Said letters being sent Wednesday. References get contacted only for successful candidates on panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I was talking to them today. Said letters being sent Wednesday. References get contacted only for successful candidates on panel

Reading this gave me that nervous/anxious buzz you feel right before an exam.... hopefully they surprise us and they arrive wed.

honreal wrote: »
    Reading this gave me that nervous/anxious buzz you feel right before an exam.... hopefully they surprise us and they arrive wed.

They won't arrive wed. They will start arriving Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Delboy43

Did they specify numbers when anyone was talking to them?

Delboy43 wrote: »
    Did they specify numbers when anyone was talking to them?

Nope. That seems to be kept quiet so far. Obviously determined by budget and panel quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

Please lord let this be over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Late to the parade hwre but got asked a few curve ball questions. Alot surrounding the dfb vs the hse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HopefulFireman

Late to the parade hwre but got asked a few curve ball questions. Alot surrounding the dfb vs the hse.

Same here, what you get asked, what panel were you on

Same here, what you get asked, what panel were you on

Rather not say panel. Any NAS staff memember that ive spoken to was asked thesamhe. Opinion ha no place in a competency based interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Rather not say panel. Any NAS staff memember that ive spoken to was asked thesamhe. Opinion ha no place in a competency based interview

Opinion has a place in any type of interview.

Unless it's an interview for a position of a robot

• Advertisement

Paulzx wrote: »
    Opinion has a place in any type of interview.

Unless it's an interview for a position of a robot

Can't type for crap on my phone.

In my opinion, personal opinion doesnt have much of a place to prove if you are competent at a skill or not. I.e my opinion on the dfb vs hse shouldnt matter, or what is better day time or night time. what does that have to do with my ability to do a job well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

In my opinion, personal opinion doesnt have much of a place to prove if you are competent at a skill or not. I.e my opinion on the dfb vs hse shouldnt matter, or what is better day time or night time. what does that have to do with my ability to do a job well.

You're not being interviewed to assess your ability. As a NAS paramedic, you clearly have ability. You are being interview to see if the s/o thinks you will fit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HopefulFireman

You can say what questions you were asked, if you scroll back a few pages you'll see everyone elses questions

Ehhhhhhh.... you need to be able to fit in and get on well with co workers. That's as much down to personality as ability. Both traits have a place in selection of candidates for any job

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Soon all the self questionig and self second guessing will come to an end! All going well in 48hrs the answers to out questions should begin to arrive....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Ehhhhhhh.... you need to be able to fit in and get on well with co workers. That's as much down to personality as ability. Both traits have a place in selection of candidates for any job

The reality is their are plenty of firemen who dislike each other alot on the same watch. But when those bells go they are all on the same page.

The reality is their are plenty of firemen who dislike each other alot on the same watch. But when those bells go they are all on the same page.

The reality is that it's not pleasant coming to work with people you actively dislike whether you can function or not.

Nobody is ever best buddies with all their workmates but actively hating each other is generally not the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Nobody is ever best buddies with all their workmates but actively hating each other is generally not the norm.

Haha can you imagine a panel waiting for you to leave the room, talking about how unlikeable you are then hiring you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

any update on the expected letter arrival day or is Thursday the bottom line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Bejaysis!!!
    They told me at the interview100 to go on this year. Do you reckon this is still the case arruabarrena???

Bejaysis!!!
    They told me at the interview100 to go on this year. Do you reckon this is still the case arruabarrena???

it's meant to be 2 classes (june and dec roughly) in 2016

Great news ! Makes the wait even worse now. Great chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

484 scheduled for interview minus we say 30 drop outs. Leaves 450 ballpark interviewed with 160 jobs. Better than 1 in 3 chance now!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

Your the kind of man I would buy many pints for. Even if I don't get it the information has been invaluable thank you very much!

Your the kind of man I would buy many pints for. Even if I don't get it the information has been invaluable thank you very much!

I agree. Fantastic info. Must work for DCC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Delboy43

The nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I agree. Fantastic info. Must work for DCC ?

I would say that will remain a mystery for good reasons! Could be the Vatican for all we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Oh bejaysis, me nerves. Let this be over. :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Do you think we will receive an email with results of interview as well as a letter?? I received both with the date for the interview.

Advertisement