Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

When do you so your medical, let's say you score 70 on the panel and your set to go in in December, youll hardly be doing the medical and physical for a good while?

you will be called up 6-8 weeks prior to starting I would imagine. Medical first then physical tests

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

My letter says the 31 of this month . Will they come a week early

thesamster wrote: »
    My letter says the 31 of this month . Will they come a week early

.......No the letters wont be posted until the 31st... sit tight

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

honreal wrote: »
    .......No the letters wont be posted until the 31st... sit tight

Well thats not true. It says the resuts will be posted BEFORE that date.

Well thats not true. It says the resuts will be posted BEFORE that date.

I wasn't being serious. The post's above CLEARLY state letters are due tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

F**k this I'm ringing an post haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Bit of side read for anyone interested, this one is with regard to the Garda and there low pay. Apparently three lads have quit already, similar pay to what the FF would be starting out on.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ill-probably-go-back-to-tesco-and-ill-be-better-paid-too-three-newly-qualified-gardai-have-quit-force-over-low-pay-34563837.html

TallGlass wrote: »
    Bit of side read for anyone interested, this one is with regard to the Garda and there low pay. Apparently three lads have quit already, similar pay to what the FF would be starting out on.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ill-probably-go-back-to-tesco-and-ill-be-better-paid-too-three-newly-qualified-gardai-have-quit-force-over-low-pay-34563837.html
    They can pay me €100 a week I want the job for what it is not the pay. Amazing job can't be compared to guards in my opinion

Grahamfire wrote: »
    They can pay me €100 a week I want the job for what it is not the pay. Amazing job can't be compared to guards in my opinion

Wasn't really my point! As the guy mentions the Garda is his dream job but he is struggling to live.

Regardless of Garda or FF both are same pay scales, I want to do the job, but I still want to have a life as well ! Consider, Irish Rail, Dublin bus and Luas want/have gotten pay rises I think front line stuff should be a rise. To me 28/30k should be the starting base in these roles as recruits not 24k.

Begs my next questions, are internally recruited lads dropping pay or keeping to there pay scales when moved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Wasn't really my point! As the guy mentions the Garda is his dream job but he is struggling to live.

Regardless of Garda or FF both are same pay scales, I want to do the job, but I still want to have a life as well ! Consider, Irish Rail, Dublin bus and Luas want/have gotten pay rises I think front line stuff should be a rise. To me 28/30k should be the starting base in these roles as recruits not 24k.

Begs my next questions, are internally recruited lads dropping pay or keeping to there pay scales when moved?

Not really the best time to have your union rep hat on.

• Advertisement

stringbox wrote: »

Really don't give a **** about wage at moment. Sure on your days off use a bit of initiative and make some money doing other things if you have skills like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Delboy43

I know someone who was recruited internally a few years ago he had to drop to the scale advertised.

As for the luas drivers the money they are on is inclusive of a 33%shift rate which isn't specified in the news so 42g after 10years is only 28g basic food for thought.

I will be taking a huge cut in wages from 50+ to the lowest which if successful I will have to deal with personal choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Will it be a Good Friday for us I wonder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Delboy43 wrote: »
    I will be taking a huge cut in wages from 50+ to the lowest which if successful I will have to deal with personal choices.

Lucky for me I'm on minimum wage at the moment so 23k will do me fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

I was offered Garda calltaker before internally and would have entered on what was my current pay scale at the time.

Lucky for me I'm on minimum wage at the moment so 23k will do me fine.

Lucky for you, I'll have a trip to the bank and a difficult conversation with the better half hahaha

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Really don't give a **** about wage at moment. Sure on your days off use a bit of initiative and make some money doing other things if you have skills like that.

Actully never thought of that ! Could keep you ticking over till it jumped up a little.

Actully never thought of that ! Could keep you ticking over till it jumped up a little.

I would imagine the training is Monday to Friday then when you hit the stations the shift rate kicks in

Job satisfaction is number 1 and DFB doesn't thick those boxes it smashes them. Most firefighters love there job. My mate is in it and describes it as the best job in the world. My father and grandfather were DFB and always have pushed me towards it. The story's they told me were amazing. Saving life no better feeling. Also have to see the side of things that aren't so great. We will see crazy things in the job if we get in. Take into account that most of the time your serving people in the worst position they have ever been in there life. It's defo emotionally challenging job be sure of that. Anyone that says there not effected one bit by some of the scenes has to be lying !

Hahaha, not in a union at the moment. Was in one before and they useless to be honest. Just been realistic with regards pay. 24k is low pay for such a serious job.

Iv no problem with it, but I do think some good people might have not even gone for it cause of the pay, family etc.. And that IMO it should be higher. Plus gives us something to talk about while we wait on letters.

• Advertisement

On the pay end of things. It is what it is i would love it to be more but is not. I do think its ridiculous that in 2016 new recruits are discussing having to work outside there normal job to make the bills. The reason for down time and days off is to decompress from a stressfull job. It would be great if the basic salary allowed employees to do that.

On the pay end of things. It is what it is i would love it to be more but is not. I do think its ridiculous that in 2016 new recruits are discussing having to work outside there normal job to make the bills. The reason for down time and days off is to decompress from a stressfull job. It would be great if the basic salary allowed employees to do that.

That's a fair comment. Very true

Delboy43 wrote: »
    I would imagine the training is Monday to Friday then when you hit the stations the shift rate kicks in

Oh so are we considered employees from day one? Or once we hit our stations the clock starts clicking with regards years in service. I'd hazard a guess it starts from day of passing out.

Oh so are we considered employees from day one? Or once we hit our stations the clock starts clicking with regards years in service. I'd hazard a guess it starts from day of passing out.

Begins from day one in collage. First pay increase after 6 months and also shift pay kicks in too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Hi all, not sure if it's been posted earlier... I rang DCC HR a few mins ago, they told me ALL (successful and un) correspondence was processed today and as far as she's aware it left the building with the lunchtime collection... Just a matter of how efficient an post are in your area now

Good luck all

david-d wrote: »
    Hi all, not sure if it's been posted earlier... I rang DCC HR a few mins ago, they told me ALL (successful and un) correspondence was processed today and as far as she's aware it left the building with the lunchtime collection... Just a matter of how efficient an post are in your area now

Good luck all

Fair play david-d

Sh1t just got real....! 😂

Anyone fancy driving to portlaoise and hijacking a couple post trucks? :D

Or send one them modern thingys. What do they call em, e-mails I think there called. :-)

• Advertisement

Or send one them modern thingys. What do they call em, e-mails I think there called. :-)

Ahh joking aside. I would prefer the letter. Its traditional. Like the idea of walking to the post box and the frar of opening it and being completely overwhelmed and trying to find the word "congratulations" before "regretfully"

Advertisement