Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HopefulFireman

Letters were posted today, postmen get the finger out I'll be stalking my letterbox from 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Delboy43

I was talking to an instructor there the recruits are in my place training, asked him about class sizes he said no set figures approx 50 due in June which includes 10 from cork next class in Jan then depending on retirements hopefully another class after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Will it be registered post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

twinydavid wrote: »
    Will it be registered post?

Considering the last letter wasn't I doubt this one is any different

Delboy43 wrote: »
    I was talking to an instructor there the recruits are in my place training, asked him about class sizes he said no set figures approx 50 due in June which includes 10 from cork next class in Jan then depending on retirements hopefully another class after that.

What training were they doing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

My bet is SRT.

stringbox wrote: »
    My bet is SRT.

I thought this but SRT is done in house by DFB instructors but in Laragh. Unless it's the trinity sports centre swimming pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Yes I just rang DCC myself. Letters left the building today. There is no post Friday so fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Damn it!

Your local Post Office is
    Open on Thursday, March 24
    Closed on Good Friday, March 25
    Open on Saturday, March 26
    Closed on Easter Monday, March 28
    Open on Tuesday, March 29
    Check the opening hours for your local Post Office.

That means tomorrow or next tuesday will be the news. If i dont find out tomorrow i might go off my head :(

We have one of the best postal systems in the world so hopefully tomorrow. Otherwise it's going to be a **** Easter!

• Advertisement

Is there no weekend posting on a bank holiday weekend? or is it tomorrow or Tuesday being the 2 next postal days?

**UPDATE** I did a bit of googling and there normally is post delivered in Cities but not rural on good Friday

Tomorrow or Tuesday period

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HopefulFireman

I rang an post, there is post all over Dublin on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

I rang an post, there is post all over Dublin on Friday

My uncle is in an post. Mail as normal Friday

Dcc said no post Friday.

Dcc said no post Friday.

Come on HarrHoofer you spoofer enough already :D

Dcc said no post Friday.

Well DCC are misinformed there is full city post operating Friday. 110%

But not all candidates live in dublin!

Then they shouldn't have applied according to the application form! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Dcc said no post Friday.

Always post in Dublin on good Fri as long as I can remember

• Advertisement

That's true. Tuesday for you guys if not tomoro

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Delboy43

honreal wrote: »
    What training were they doing?

OCS Isolations

Then they shouldn't have applied according to the application form! :D

Doest say you have to live in dublin. Suppose all the LFB lads had to hide that fact in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Really don't give a **** about wage at moment. Sure on your days off use a bit of initiative and make some money doing other things if you have skills like that.

I take it you live at home and have little or no out goings. Dropping down to the measly wage being offered has me seriously considering my position if I get a panel offer.

Don't get me wrong it's my dream job too but im pragmatic and realistic and I have a big decision to make if I get an offer. It is all I have thought about since I applied way back in Nov. Good luck to all

derra_121 wrote: »
    I take it you live at home and have little or no out goings. Dropping down to the measly wage being offered has me seriously considering my position if I get a panel offer.

Don't get me wrong it's my dream job too but im pragmatic and realistic and I have a big decision to make if I get an offer. It is all I have thought about since I applied way back in Nov. Good luck to all

Just renting at moment il make it work. Don't make assumptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Ok, there is post on Friday. Talked to my mate who is a postman. So all good on that one.

Doest say you have to live in dublin. Suppose all the LFB lads had to hide that fact in the interview

Read the information booklet again. It states you must reside in Dublin. Not that it's enforced by any stretch of the imagination.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Ok, there is post on Friday. Talked to my mate who is a postman. So all good on that one.

He said also, our letters should be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Just renting at moment il make it work. Don't make assumptions

Beans on toast and Pasta with butter, back to the good aul collage days for you so pal. Average rent of 1250€ out of 1500€ approx fair play if you can make that work.

• Advertisement

Read the information booklet again. It states you must reside in Dublin. Not that it's enforced by any stretch of the imagination.

Sure it says you must have a full B licence. Which I doubt everyone has as it was never checked either.

Advertisement