Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

If anyone does get the job and doesn't take it shame on you! You have prevented someone else getting their dream. The pay and all other aspects are outlined from day one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

derra_121 wrote: »
    Beans on toast and Pasta with butter, back to the good aul collage days for you so pal. Average rent of 1250€ out of 1500€ approx fair play if you can make that work.

Yes but you can take up other work, you cannot do that with the Garda which I forgot. So for your days your off you could take up something else, if your a trades man doing a few nixers etc..

Driving licence is enforced you must have it before you finish training. My brother only got it with weeks to go before passing out. At least that is how it was 17 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Beans on toast and Pasta with butter, back to the good aul collage days for you so pal. Average rent of 1250€ out of 1500€ approx fair play if you can make that work.

Wow you have absolutely no idea. 2 people renting €600 each. Piece of piss mate. Cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Delboy43

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Wow you have absolutely no idea. 2 people renting €600 each. Piece of piss mate. Cop on

Jaysus calm down lads where's all the banter

• Advertisement

Delboy43 wrote: »

How can someone question somebody's financial situation without having a clue. Wages outlined from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Grahamfire wrote: »

Wow someone is uptight... Have a few whiskeys there Graham ha ha

Best of luck

If anyone does get the job and doesn't take it shame on you! You have prevented someone else getting their dream. The pay and all other aspects are outlined from day one.

Its unfortunate, but I wouldn't say shame on them. Only it has become real and they have to really sit down and see if it works. I wouldn't like to be in that position, luckly I live at home pretty much central Dublin and around the corner from the OBI, not alot of people have that luxury.

Hense why I think it's shameful to pay people buttons because they know it's people's dream job, it could be 10k and people would still do it. Then you've Luas drivers giving out because there starting pay of 35k is too low. Now that is shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

honreal wrote: »
    Read the information booklet again. It states you must reside in Dublin. Not that it's enforced by any stretch of the imagination.

I did read the booklet. It also states an employee can live outside of dublin with permission.

It's heating up again around here Delboy, mind yourself someones gonna flip the monopoly board. (Gets like this when people start thinking about the finish line around here).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

He aced the working under pressure competence and probably nailed the working with other people competence ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

There's lads from Cork, Limerick, Donegal going for this. We were interviewed and obviously we will move up if we get it.

He aced the working under pressure competence and probably nailed the working with other people competence ;)

Haha, ah in fairness its a forum. Some people use it to let off the odd bit of steam. Actully this must be the worst moderated part of boards, surprised there where no warnings handed out or a few bans on this thread to be honest. Which surprised me as the ES mods are usually on it.

Anyone got a link to a roster for DFB? Before anyone asks yes i k ow its either 2 days and one night or 2 nights and 1 day a week. I mean a real roster that goves the yearly on off days

TallGlass wrote: »
    It's heating up again around here Delboy, mind yourself someones gonna flip the monopoly board. (Gets like this when people start thinking about the finish line around here).

Haha I'm new to this, what's done is done it'll really my kick off tomorrow for sure if people can't handle a bit of too and fro on this how are they going to handle a real life stressful situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

This is absolutely hilarious! Calm down ladies and put the handbags down before you blow your load :D:D:D

Anyone got a link to a roster for DFB? Before anyone asks yes i k ow its either 2 days and one night or 2 nights and 1 day a week. I mean a real roster that goves the yearly on off days

Theres an app on the play store for the rota. It's 2.50€.

Seriously tho all jokes aside why comment and criticise someone about the wages and commenting basically you won't do it. You don't know anyone's circumstances. Anyway best of luck tomoro mate

Yeah someone said an app to me before but i use iphone. Anything in the apple store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

I thought you were joking!

• Advertisement

stringbox wrote: »
    I thought you were joking!

Nope! If I find out how to code an make apps I'll make a free one with some help of someone willing to provide a rota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Just heard a whisper about a dispute in An Post. Possibility of a strike tomorrow.

Id say all the boys and girls are in bed early! Waiting in santa... Sorry i mean the post man to deliver good news!!

Id say we will all be in bed counting fire engines tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Best of luck to all tomorrow.

And the same to you

The wife just txt me there the letter arrived 😨

And I'm stuck in work

Get her to open it ffs!!!!

Get her to open it ffs!!!!

I would rather read the disappointment than hear it fom her

• Advertisement

There will be 300 fails today. You are not one of them. I predict these things!!!

Advertisement