Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Delboy43

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I'm 120-130 with drop outs and medical failures should scrape second class I'm hoping !

He said the first class includes 10 from cork aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Got on the panel! ill be in the Second class, placed between 60-80 exactly where i wanted to be with work, January next year sounds great to me! best of luck to everyone else waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Got on the panel! ill be in the Second class, placed between 60-80 exactly where i wanted to be with work, January next year sounds great to me! best of luck to everyone else waiting!

Well done

Lads, you have no idea of the relief that has washed over me. to know i have a place after all the massive hard work i put in is unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Well done to all

No joy for me unfortunately, having turned 30 and turned down twice I think it's the end of the road for my fire fighting dreams

Hat's off to those who got it, you deserve it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Plenty of guys yet to reveal their cards! Stoller comes to mind he had the job long ago according to himself. I'm done with this campaign myself if they don't want me after three interviews **** them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

I answered everything I was asked and had a lot of specific detail in my answers, no bull****. exactly what they asked for in the interview information part in the letter we got. Regarding competencies I was really only asked motivation and dealing with people. They said they could see from my background that I satisfied the flexibility and willingness to learn. I wasn't roasted in the interview either it was a very enjoyable experience. They asked a difficult situation and they looked satisfied and didn't probe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Plenty of guys yet to reveal their cards! Stoller comes to mind he had the job long ago according to himself. I'm done with this campaign myself if they don't want me after three interviews **** them!

Great attitude pal....Can't understand why they didn't select you!

Chungwun wrote: »
    Great attitude pal....Can't understand why they didn't select you!

You try going for your dream job three times and beating thousands in the aptitude process each time and come back to me. Because I'm a little upset I'm not fit for the job. Get a grip!

lets not push anyone's buttons today lads and ladies. This is the best day for some and the worst for others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Guys is it registered post or normal post? Nobody at home to sign for it today. D:

Normal post

stringbox wrote: »
    Guys is it registered post or normal post? Nobody at home to sign for it today. D:

Regular post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

My house must be the absolute last on the posties route!

Either that or the wife is holding back the bad news!

honreal wrote: »
    lets not push anyone's buttons today lads and ladies. This is the best day for some and the worst for others.

True enough this was my first attempt delighted I got this far but it's an exhausting process hats off to that guys that pulled it off yous deserve it, I thought that once I hit the interview stage I'd be within a good chance but got my approach turned on its head after talking to one of the district officers regarding the interview just wish I had of went in with blinkers on and went down my own road and focused on my work experience (sometimes too much information is a bad thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

My house must be the absolute last on the posties route!

Either that or the wife is holding back the bad news!

I'd drop up to the local sorting office if it ain't at your house but 4 or so. Just in case it didn't go out in today's rounds, they might still have it up there.

Got to say fair play to the lads that have come right out and said they were not successfull. Easy to sit back and say nothing. I bet there will be a fair few regular posters here who will dissapear in to thin air!!!

Chungwun how did you get on?

Got to say fair play to the lads that have come right out and said they were not successfull. Easy to sit back and say nothing. I bet there will be a fair few regular posters here who will dissapear in to thin air!!!

They already have! Stoller vanished like a virgin at a rave weeks ago. I personally am upset. I obviously didn't say what they wanted to hear. But the issue is I don't know how to do it differently if the situation came around again. I personally think my age was a factor. I can only give them 18 years service. It's a young man's game. I would say nearly all successful candidates are in their twenties bar a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Didn't get it. Not surprised at all. That fella from Carlow called it a day for me I would say with his questions. Unfortunate, I done a course, pre test interview and visited stations.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    Didn't get it. Not surprised at all. That fella from Carlow called it a day for me I would say with his questions. Unfortunate, I done a course, pre test interview and visited stations.

Offaly! Tony Colville he caught me out on two questions too

I did all that prep too means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scuba_tom

They already have! Stoller vanished like a virgin at a rave weeks ago. I personally am upset. I obviously didn't say what they wanted to hear. But the issue is I don't know how to do it differently if the situation came around again. I personally think my age was a factor. I can only give them 18 years service. It's a young man's game. I would say nearly all successful candidates are in their twenties bar a few.

Don't think age was a factor at all. I'm a bit older than you btw (wasn't successful either). the people who got it just did better interviews. Disappointed but that's life. Gotta roll with the punches :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Post has arrived at home.. agonising wait now till I can get back at lunch..

Apply for the feedback lads, learn where you were weak and improve for the next time. I placed in over 2000 last time in aptitude and by learning from my mistakes i placed in top 150 in aptitude and made the panel.

Offaly! Tony Colville he caught me out on two questions too

I did all that prep too means nothing.

I was actully incredibly disappointed after the interview. It was the weirdest competencey based interview I have taken, usually they say 'we are going to ask you about team work', in this there was none of that. Waste of time and effort.

Ask for your feedback I have. Can't wait to see how they scored me. Age is a consideration they want to get service out of you. That is not to say older guys don't get it they have and do. But more often than not you are early twenties getting it.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I was actully incredibly disappointed after the interview. It was the weirdest competencey based interview I have taken, usually they say 'we are going to ask you about team work', in this there was none of that. Waste of time and effort.

Yes they asked me two competencies but not worded as they were on my letter. So I asked were these general questions or competencies I had to clarify. I did well in parts but the questions I got wrong I will never get wrong again. I felt ok after interview but when I analysed it not so good.

Apply for the feedback lads, learn where you were weak and improve for the next time. I placed in over 2000 last time in aptitude and by learning from my mistakes i placed in top 150 in aptitude and made the panel.

My experience is you are either good at aptitudes or your not. How did you improve so much any tips.

Ask for your feedback I have. Can't wait to see how they scored me. Age is a consideration they want to get service out of you. That is not to say older guys don't get it they have and do. But more often than not you are early twenties getting it.

Genuinely interested to see what way I was marked. Funny thing of all the people I spoke too it was never mentioned I needed to know about fire extinguishers, water mains or communicating to non native speakers.

If I was too do it all over again, I firstly wouldn't bother with any of them courses and secondly not put my application in ASAP.

So guessing it be a good two years before they'll have another comp.

• Advertisement

I applied for feedback myself, does anyone know how the feedback is given is it a score or remarks from the interview panel, don't think I'll go for it again prob couldn't afford the cut in 2 years plus I'll be 2 years older I'm 32 now so 34 is pushing it for this type of role given the retirement age, have to get my head back into the books last couple of months have been a whirlwind

Advertisement