Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:
    You not think it would be a bit cheeky? Being successful should be enough feedback for you

No not really. I'd still like to know my weaker points as I was further down the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Letters for Medicals posted today,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Letters for Medicals posted today,

Really?

honreal wrote: »
    Really?

Yes for first 50 on panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Good luck to the first group in your medicals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Yes for first 50 on panel.

Reputable source?

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Reputable source?

HR themselves.

HR themselves.

Nice one, thanks for the info :) good luck everyone

Lovely stuff! Looking forward to getting this process COMPLETELY over with so I can relax and chill out!

What a day it will be signing that dotted line and seening the DFB crest on the headed paper with the city council logo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Lovely stuff! Looking forward to getting this process COMPLETELY over with so I can relax and chill out!

What a day it will be signing that dotted line and seening the DFB crest on the headed paper with the city council logo :)

Can't wait to see how relaxed ya are after rolling up 50 lengths of hose during basic training ;-)

• Advertisement

Chungwun wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how relaxed ya are after rolling up 50 lengths of hose during basic training ;-)

The fitness tests will catch a few people out I think. Not easy by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

IT_wannabe wrote:
    The fitness tests will catch a few people out I think. Not easy by any means.

Do you know what's actually involved in fitness training ? Need to start training :)

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Do you know what's actually involved in fitness training ? Need to start training :)

There's a video on YouTube called 'Compound Fitness CPAT Mock Test' that is as close as you'll get to the current DFB CPAT. I wouldn't think you'd need to train with them specifically but it gives you a great idea of what to expect and then tailor your own training towards it.

Chungwun wrote: »

Bring it on! I'm under no illusions as to what the fire service entails!

There's a video on YouTube called 'Compound Fitness CPAT Mock Test' that is as close as you'll get to the current DFB CPAT. I wouldn't think you'd need to train with them specifically but it gives you a great idea of what to expect and then tailor your own training towards it.

Get the cardio going and build up stamina. Get used to carrying weights 100m at a time and build it up. The hard part is the end with the 30kg weight as that's when you have just ran 425 metres upto this point carrying various types of equipment so you can be burnt out! You will smash it tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Bring it on! I'm under no illusions as to what the fire service entails!

How are ya at making tea?

Anyone else get their email this morning?

Anyone else get their email this morning?

Did anyone get the letter in the post?

Did anyone get the letter in the post?

Won't know till I get home from work. Posted yesterday so hopefully it's there 2day.

Nothing at home, must have went out late yesterday

• Advertisement

I got an email this morning. No post yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

I got an email this morning. No post yet.

Doesn't anyone know what the lung tests entail?

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone know what the lung tests entail?

Lung test is generally a spirometer test which normally is a simple pass and fail based on you falling inside or outside a pre determined standard set by DFB

Lung test is generally a spirometer test which normally is a simple pass and fail based on you falling inside or outside a pre determined standard set by DFB

Is that like peak flow and that ? I had asthma as kid haven't been prescribed inhaler in 10+ years tho. Don't peak flow today 675

Is that like peak flow and that ? I had asthma as kid haven't been prescribed inhaler in 10+ years tho. Don't peak flow today 675

It depends entirely what scale they're using. There's different measurements for different tests of the lungs. Some measure peak flow, some measure volume over a set number of seconds or consistency over a set time. It'll all depend what DFB are asking the medical team to look for.

It depends entirely what scale they're using. There's different measurements for different tests of the lungs. Some measure peak flow, some measure volume over a set number of seconds or consistency over a set time. It'll all depend what DFB are asking the medical team to look for.

Your in for medical soon ?

Your in for medical soon ?

Yeah top 50

Yeah top 50

Keep me updated of details please thanks. Best of luck

Keep me updated of details please thanks. Best of luck

Cheers. Anything I can find out I'll send to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Hey lads, I should be in the second class (placed 60-70) would you mind keeping us updates so we know what to expect? I think its fair to say we can take off the "competition" hats and start working as a team of trainee firefighters. Pooling info would be great for all candidates. I dont see a downside. Nobody is going to benifit to somones disadvantage asfar as i can see

Advertisement