Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

honreal wrote: »
    Great cheers! is the medical questionnaire straight forward or extensive?

It's 3 x a4 pages of yes or no questions. If you've ever done a health questionnaire before it's pretty standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

Following info received with regard to allowances on top of wages. Not sure but 10% off these figures may apply as new entrants to public sector but gives indication as to what we will get when finished in the obi.
    Saturday allownce €15
    Sunday allowance €110
    Sunday night allowance €183
    Night shift allowance €40.
    So based over the month You get Paid every two weeks,so one cheque has two weeks basic wage along with a Saturday, Sunday and 3 nights allowance.
    The other cheque has two weeks basic wage along with a Saturday,Sunday night and 4 nights allowance.
    Hope this helps.

TTL2015 wrote: »
    Following info received with regard to allowances on top of wages. Not sure but 10% off these figures may apply as new entrants to public sector but gives indication as to what we will get when finished in the obi.
    Saturday allownce €15
    Sunday allowance €110
    So based over the month You get Paid every two weeks,so one cheque has two weeks basic wage along with a Saturday, Sunday and 3 nights allowance.
    The other cheque has two weeks basic wage along with a Saturday,Sunday night and 4 nights allowance.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for that TTL2015, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

TTL2015 wrote: »
    Saturday allownce €15
    Sunday allowance €110
    Hope this helps.

so am i right in thinking its about 7k a year before tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Choco2607

Who's got the earliest medical? I'm the last one! 29th April!

• Advertisement

21st for me

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Are folks wearing tracksuits to the medical?

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Are folks wearing tracksuits to the medical?

Don't think it'll matter tbh, be comfortable. Just wouldn't go for the 3 piece suit. Or what I seen 2 losers wearing at the aptitude test, matching head to toe 'Kildare Retained Fire Service' tracksuits (even the runners matched) :D:D:D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Don't think it'll matter tbh, be comfortable. Just wouldn't go for the 3 piece suit. Or what I seen 2 losers wearing at the aptitude test, matching head to toe 'Kildare Retained Fire Service' tracksuits (even the runners matched) :D:D:D!

I seen that too. Strutted in with the chest out

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I seen that too. Strutted in with the chest out

Like that lad that turns up to 5 a side with the full kit on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Cringed when I Seen them lol..... Wonder how they got on in the end ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Cringed when I Seen them lol..... Wonder how they got on in the end ?

No sure but they were talking about how much there retained experience will stand to them...

Grahamfire wrote: »
    No sure but they were talking about how much there retained experience will stand to them...

If they did get in fair play to them, every class needs heat seekers :D:D:D

Is there a test in the medical to up the heart rate on a treadmill? That would require sports wear.

Or is it just blood pressure etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Is there a test in the medical to up the heart rate on a treadmill? That would require sports wear.

Or is it just blood pressure etc

I will know on Friday

If they did get in fair play to them, every class needs heat seekers :D:D:D

They sound like the perfect heat seekers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Do they strip you to the underwear while doing the medical to have a good look at you etc

Robbie154 wrote: »
    Do they strip you to the underwear while doing the medical to have a good look at you etc

I was expecting full medical including testical check but someone previous said the Dr. that does the test is a woman so I am not sure will happen.

DCC need to make sure that recruits are not off sick with stuff that could be checked at this stage.

Edit: by full medical I mean hooked up to monitors on treadmill and recording blood sugars at maximum heart rate via finger prick.

I was expecting full medical including testical check but someone previous said the Dr. that does the test is a woman so I am not sure will happen.

DCC need to make sure that recruits are not off sick with stuff that could be checked at this stage.

Edit: by full medical I mean hooked up to monitors on treadmill and recording blood sugars at maximum heart rate via finger prick.

It's not an invasive medical from what im told by someone in the recruit class at the min. Urine, Bloods, BP, Sugars, ECG etc and mobility then eye and hearing and then into the doc to review the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Could DCC refuse you the position if you have had back pain in the past ?

• Advertisement

Anything is possible I suppose. They could see you as a future risk of it again and not offer you the spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

You haven't had back pain in the past.

Paulzx wrote: »

Unless you're 100% sure it's going to resurface and cause you to have to leave during training, your medical questionnaire should make you sound like an Olympic athlete :D

Paulzx wrote: »

???

???

let me help you... wink wink nudge nudge

Unless you're 100% sure it's going to resurface and cause you to have to leave during training, your medical questionnaire should make you sound like an Olympic athlete :D

Nothing major but I've had days off work in the past and had to go the doctor to get sick notes. Will they check everyone's past records I wonder .

Nothing major but I've had days off work in the past and had to go the doctor to get sick notes. Will they check everyone's past records I wonder .

Only if you gave them reason to. They probably wont follow up on somebody having the odd cold or flu but if your a repeat visitor to the doc they might dig deeper.

honreal wrote: »
    Only if you gave them reason to. They probably wont follow up on somebody having the odd cold or flu but if your a repeat visitor to the doc they might dig deeper.
    Now I get ye, so best of keeping sthum !

Now I get ye, so best of keeping sthum !

It's up to you what you want to do. I wont be bluffing anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

???

Did you get someone else to do your interview for ya?:P

Advertisement