Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Nothing major but I've had days off work in the past and had to go the doctor to get sick notes. Will they check everyone's past records I wonder .

Unless you go to the medical wearing a C-collar and a back girdle I think you'll be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oneway1

Lads can I ask what you mean by heat seekers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

oneway1 wrote: »
    Lads can I ask what you mean by heat seekers

People who stand out for being to cocky. They will be rode during training

Just because they were wearing kildare fire service tracksuits doesn't mean there cocky I'm sure all of yous will going around in ur dfb gear in the in a few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Just because they were wearing kildare fire service tracksuits doesn't mean there cocky I'm sure all of yous will going around in ur dfb gear in the in a few months

During work times. you would have to be some prick to wear the uniform out of office hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

If you wear something like that outside of work you are only doing it for one reason and that's to be noticed and stand out. And doing it at an aptitude test............what possible good reason would they have to want to stand out.

Tracksuits are not uniforms and iknow plenty of lads in the dfb who wear there tshirts and hoodies everywhere they go and are proud to do so

Tracksuits are not uniforms and iknow plenty of lads in the dfb who wear there tshirts and hoodies everywhere they go and are proud to do so

You're missing the point here. They wore it to an aptitude test for a position in DFB, both of them, in matching full tracksuits, top and bottoms with matching runners and strutted into the waiting area with what can only be described as a very outwardly displayed 'EVERYONE LOOK AT ME' attitude. Who were they trying to impress?! You can't compare kildare retained and DFB. I doubt very much you'd see any DFB lads walking around together in full matching DFB tracksuits in a situation like that.

I also know plenty of DFB who do the opposite and keep their work uniform in work

All I'm saying is just because they were wearing kildare fire service tracksuits doesn't mean there cocky there retained firefighters and probably proud of it

• Advertisement

All I'm saying is just because they were wearing kildare fire service tracksuits doesn't mean there cocky there retained firefighters and probably proud of it

Time and a place...........that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

You might see people walking about in the 'real' world wearing DFB gear but good chance it isn't a DFB personal.

Few lads were the sweatshirts but that be about it, and even at that it's probably the variations in the job from trips or teams or groups and not usually the issue sweatshirt. Plus the DFB tracksuits are fairly poxy so doubt you'd see many of them about :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Wonder who this person is ^

Chungwun wrote: »
    You might see people walking about in the 'real' world wearing DFB gear but good chance it isn't a DFB personal.

Few lads were the sweatshirts but that be about it, and even at that it's probably the variations in the job from trips or teams or groups and not usually the issue sweatshirt. Plus the DFB tracksuits are fairly poxy so doubt you'd see many of them about :-D

Are they still the navy with the red stripe down the side?

One of the 'Kildare Tracksuit 2' maybe :D

Probably somebody who if even was in the army he/she would wear the dpm uniform to the cinema or to eddie rockets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Any confirmation on how many actually got called for Medicals?

thatboy1 wrote: »
    Any confirmation on how many actually got called for Medicals?

The email said 1-50.

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    One of the 'Kildare Tracksuit 2' maybe :D

Ha ha( kildare tracksuit 2 ) love it, not me lads I'm a retained firefighter and proud to wear my fire service tshirts were and when I want

honreal wrote: »
    Are they still the navy with the red stripe down the side?

Red strip gone on last issue.

• Advertisement

Chungwun wrote: »
    Red strip gone on last issue.

Is the tracksuit issued for recruit training and that's it or does it have uses operational?

What about the asics runners... are they still issue? :P

Is the tracksuit issued for recruit training and that's it or does it have uses operational?

Give as per recruit issue but you could get one in your issue when it comes around operational but has no operational benefit really so could see if been got rid of soon.

If only asics were still issue after the last few heaps of rubbish we've got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

I smell a Kildare fire service guy

You will be warned at the start of training that under no circumstances are you to wear items of DFB uniform while travelling to and from the OBI.

If you do wear it outside the OBI expect to be on the mat for an a*se chewing

Wouldn't like to be going to work with some of ye idiots. Is that what it's like? Talking **** because someone wears something? ****ing children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Asics? Yous are well looked after down there, Hi-Tec Silver Shadows if you're lucky up north lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

What kind of hours are spent daily in the OBI?

JDigweed wrote: »

I was only speaking to a friend who is in DFB about this and he said be prepared to spend close to 12 hour days down there. Generally recruits are on site early to prepare for the day, get motors lined up, get uniforms sorted, shower and clean the recruits locker/work area etc then similar in afternoon with study etc.

Im sure not every day will be like this tho.

Chungwan can you share your experiences?

JDigweed wrote: »

All the ones you're awake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

I thought as much. In an episode of firefighters one of the drills seems to end well into the evening.
    No complaints, just curious with creche etc.

Advertisement