Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Choco2607

Do they obi staff split for any summer breaks or bank holidays? Or is it Monday - Friday straight through for 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

0815 to 1800 would be a rough guideline give or take a few. With travel etc I wouldn't expecting anything less than 12 hour days.

Regarding the class going into the dark hours on 'firefighters', I think that class was not a summer recruit course so dark could have been 1700hrs in the winter. Not 100% though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

The less expectations that you go in with, the less surprises that will arise. You need to go into this like a sponge, absorb everything and anything of use that anyone is willing to take the time to teach you. There is going to be tasks that you are going to think will be so pointless but remember, there's always a reason behind it. Head down, don't talk when you should be listening, give it 110% and we'll all be grand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Did anyone sit the medical today? How did you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

As been said, go in with no pre conceptions of what is ahead. Turn up, ON TIME, the first morning and you will find your way from there. Tight hair cuts cause you'll only be told to get them cut if you havnt already. Ears open and mouths shut, there will always be heat seekers and if you can't spot them it means it's probably you! Oh and pick your class president well from the start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

this just came up on my youtube feed.... I can not wait to get stated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxGdNbGtgrw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Great link!! I've been trying to download the last few series of this online with no luck.

this just came up on my youtube feed.... I can not wait to get stated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxGdNbGtgrw

I have watched this so many times! CANNOT wait for the 27th June

Anybody have their medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

I'm just wondering are people from outside of Dublin planning on travelling to the OBI during training or going to try to move up Dublin?

• Advertisement

Just got this link to the physical assessments they do in the first week of training. Anyone unable to do them is shown the door supposedly

https://youtu.be/CfnUkk5tKEA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Just got this link to the physical assessments they do in the first week of training. Anyone unable to do them is shown the door supposedly

https://youtu.be/CfnUkk5tKEA

It's on day 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Paulzx wrote: »
    It's on day 3

That's crazy, why not just make the physical harder? Does anyone ever fail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

stringbox wrote: »
    That's crazy, why not just make the physical harder? Does anyone ever fail?

Apart from one or two permanent spinal injuries most people pass it

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

For anyone that was unsuccessful with this dfb recruitment. Both the defence forces and the national ambulance service are now recruiting. A good chance to get great experience for when dfb recruits again in a few years.

How long to allow for a medical guys?

Anyone do their medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Does anyone know how the Dublin fire brigade panel works?
    Does it get used up in the 3 years or is it common for it to expire without being used up?
    Also I heard there is to be 2 classes of 50, one starting June and other late this year or January next year.
    What if your in the 120+ mark on the panel?
    How long would you be looking to be called or would you have a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the Dublin fire brigade panel works?
    Does it get used up in the 3 years or is it common for it to expire without being used up?
    Also I heard there is to be 2 classes of 50, one starting June and other late this year or January next year.
    What if your in the 120+ mark on the panel?
    How long would you be looking to be called or would you have a chance?
    I'm in same position as you. I have been informed by a reliable source the panel will be used by June/July 2017. It will not expire this is a very important intake manning wise

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Lads sorry to move of the OT but does anyone know anything about when the results of the control center are out?

Any help would be great. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I'm in same position as you. I have been informed by a reliable source the panel will be used by June/July 2017. It will not expire this is a very important intake manning wise

Thanks for the reply.
    That's good news, I was just worried as in 2012 the panel was disbanded so wasn't sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Lads sorry to move of the OT but does anyone know anything about when the results of the control center are out?

Any help would be great. Cheers.

There is a thread for it under DFB Temporary Controller, results are out by the end of April at the latest. How did you get on with it anyway? Feel free to answer in the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Hi lads haven't posted here before just like to congratulate everybody who was successful and got a place on d panel i myself was placed 70- 75 so judging by older message I'm guessing I'm in second class if 1-50 goin for med and fitness as I received no letter just wondering if anybody after 50 has received letter and if anybody has an idea of when second class could b called
    Have to say fair play to anybody in first class it was tuff comp and anybody who got placed must deserve it best of luck to everybody doin tests this week and next

jim bo c wrote: »
    Hi lads haven't posted here before just like to congratulate everybody who was successful and got a place on d panel i myself was placed 73 so judging by older message I'm guessing I'm in second class if 1-50 goin for med and fitness as I received no letter just wondering if anybody after 50 has received letter and if anybody has an idea of when second class could b called
    Have to say fair play to anybody in first class it was tuff comp and anybody who got placed must deserve it best of luck to everybody doin tests this week and next

Don't post your panel number for your own sake

jim bo c wrote: »
    Hi lads haven't posted here before just like to congratulate everybody who was successful and got a place on d panel i myself was placed 73 so judging by older message I'm guessing I'm in second class if 1-50 goin for med and fitness as I received no letter just wondering if anybody after 50 has received letter and if anybody has an idea of when second class could b called

Hi Jim, well done to you. It is not advisable to post your exact number so maybe edit post?

You won't get a letter until they are calling you for next round I would say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Hi Jim, well done to you. It is not advisable to post your exact number so maybe edit post?

You won't get a letter until they are calling you for next round I would say...

Someone posted about the National ambulance service, I was just looking at the application form and it says you "Must provide your original Category C1 Driving licence at the aptitude test centre"

I only have a Full" Category B" Driving licence so I guess there is no point in applying!

That kinda sucks

Robbie154 wrote: »
    Someone posted about the National ambulance service, I was just looking at the application form and it says you "Must provide your original Category C1 Driving licence at the aptitude test centre"

I only have a Full" Category B" Driving licence so I guess there is no point in applying!

That kinda sucks

Because the ambulance weighs a lot more than a car obviously, this is where the C1 licence is needed. It allows you to drive light trucks up to 7.5 ton, which is the category that an ambulance falls into. It's too costly and time consuming to train and test everyone up to that level before they even start EMT/paramedic training.

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Because the ambulance weighs a lot more than a car obviously, this is where the C1 licence is needed. It allows you to drive light trucks up to 7.5 ton, which is the category that an ambulance falls into. It's too costly and time consuming to train and test everyone up to that level before they even start EMT/paramedic training.

speaking of license, Chungwun can you tell me when it is they check the license in DFB?

honreal wrote: »
    speaking of license, Chungwun can you tell me when it is they check the license in DFB?

They will ask you to produce it near the start of training when your completing your paperwork more than likely.

If your still waiting to get it you'll wanna have it sorted before you finish training.

• Advertisement

Chungwun wrote: »
    They will ask you to produce it near the start of training when your completing your paperwork more than likely.

If your still waiting to get it you'll wanna have it sorted before you finish training.

Has anyone ever not had it at the start? I find it hard to see how they would tell somebody to go home during week 1 if they didn't have it.... I have all licenses bar bike so im sure there will be at least 1 person who wont have it.

Advertisement