Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

JDigweed wrote: »
    Just checking out the DFB twitter page. Some great snaps of Class 1 passing out day.
    I notice it says 14 weeks training. Are they doing the Paramedic training at a later date or is it away from the OBI.

For the first class it's done at a later stage according to DCC HR. Not sure about the other classes

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

other classes are due to do paramedic in the first training. This class is being turned out quickly due to minimum crew numbers dropping in stations due to retirements etc.

Just checking out the DFB twitter page. Some great snaps of Class 1 passing out day.
    I notice it says 14 weeks training. Are they doing the Paramedic training at a later date or is it away from the OBI.

Savage pics. Id say its a proud day for them and their families. Cant help but think about getting started

Savage pics. Id say its a proud day for them and their families. Cant help but think about getting started

Same here! To think that this time 6 months, I'll be in a station responding to calls is already getting the adrenaline going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Lads/Ladies a great video up on independent.ie on the DFB training put together by Donal Corkery.
    Can't post the link because my account is new.

Also watched a good video on YouTube, you might have seen it......Dublin Fire Brigade Uncut uploaded by Laura Berrigan.
    Should add to the excitement!!

• Advertisement

Lads/Ladies a great video up on independent.ie on the DFB training put together by Donal Corkery.
    Can't post the link because my account is new.

Also watched a good video on YouTube, you might have seen it......Dublin Fire Brigade Uncut uploaded by Laura Berrigan.
    Should add to the excitement!!

Here ya go!

http://www.independent.ie/videos/life/video-take-a-look-inside-the-rigorous-training-of-the-dublin-fire-brigade-34665843.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQsUgwfgzHQ

both great videos

Another great video of the marching from yesterdays passing out. https://www.facebook.com/Brannmanndan/posts/10153441606057027

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

All that marching melarkey, what a waste of time imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Liamalone wrote: »

Why do you think it's a waste of time? I'd be interested to know if your on the panel because if you don't understand what the marching is designed to do your in for a big surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Chungwun wrote: »
    Why do you think it's a waste of time? I'd be interested to know if your on the panel because if you don't understand what the marching is designed to do your in for a big surprise

I may be wrong but I don't think mr Malone realises DFB is a uniformed, disciplined organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I do realise that it's a uniformed organisation and a bit of basic marching for the passing out parade is fine but that is too much imo. Getting that down to a tee as they done so impressively would've taken a fair bit of time, time that could've been better spent carrying out actual core skills training.

Yes it's lovely for the family on the day but those 'skills' will never be utilised again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

I do realise that it's a uniformed organisation and a bit of basic marching for the passing out parade is fine but that is too much imo. Getting that down to a tee as they done so impressively would've taken a fair bit of time, time that could've been better spent carrying out actual core skills training.

Yes it's lovely for the family on the day but those 'skills' will never be utilised again.
    OK

Yeah you definitely don't get it so. Best of luck pal

I guess then you don't realise that ALL 'core skills training' is complete at this stage and time is not taken away from 'core skills training' to learn marching...

Liam with all due respect your talking out of your rear. Marching is a core fundamental, its not so friends and family can come see and watch. ts to build a team as well as an individual. Its designed to get people used to taking orders and carring them out at a specific time. Each person works as a team and as an individual during the entire marching. coming out with a statement like your is simply ridiculous, as for "Time better spend on core skills" i think its fair to say that marching is a core skill apart from that DFB is one of the most highly trained and diversified brigades in the world, telling them they should be concentrating on "core skills" is laughable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

I'll shave my head and die my chest hair pink if it comes to it during training. Im just happy to have a spot on the panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Hope this doesn't seem like a daft question but when you get the uniform and turnout gear in the OBI, is that carried with you to whatever station you're assigned to?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Hope this doesn't seem like a daft question but when you get the uniform and turnout gear in the OBI, is that carried with you to whatever station you're assigned to?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

Does the recruits not have to stay in the control room for 3 years before joining a station?

Mccabe96 wrote: »
    Does the recruits not have to stay in the control room for 3 years before joining a station?

God no.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    God no.

It was that way years ago, thinks it's still the same.

• Advertisement

Mccabe96 wrote: »
    It was that way years ago, thinks it's still the same.

Not this time. They hold separate recruitment competitions for both firefighter and control room ops. Times have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Has anyone heard anything regarding physical tests?
    They are starting on 4th of May?

Has anyone heard anything regarding physical tests?
    They are starting on 4th of May?

Yeah everyone should have their date by now that was successful at the medical. Got mines last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Doing mine in 2 weeks . Got the email last Wednesday . Letters in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Has anyone heard did many people not pass the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

jim bo c wrote: »
    Just heard today from friend in dfb that 2 of people from first class of fifty have asked to go second class and that sum people might have failed so they are working there way thru d list any body else hear anything ?? How did medical go for anybody who has done it ?

Has anyone heard anything more on this ?? Curious myself to know how many ppl have deferred training or failed the medical. Wonder have dcc started to move down the order of merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oneway1

Has anyone heard anything more on this ?? Curious myself to know how many ppl have deferred training or failed the medical. Wonder have dcc started to move down the order of merit.

I heard there's at least 7 gone so far , 3 deferred 3 failed medicals 1 just pulled out all rumours of course but that's what I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

oneway1 wrote: »
    I heard there's at least 7 gone so far , 3 deferred 3 failed medicals 1 just pulled out all rumours of course but that's what I heard

Heard similar numbers to that. But like you said, all rumours.

Heard similar numbers to that. But like you said, all rumours.

That's a high number if true and I would imagine one or two will fall down in physical assessment but you would have to wonder how people are getting these figures as the communication is from CHI to DCC HR so no firemen come into the picture. Unless the figures are coming from inside HR themselves

• Advertisement

Some people will have this process all over with tomorrow morning.... lucky people.. Im up next week. nearly there.

Advertisement