Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Anyone else not receive a date yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Anyone else not receive a date yet ?

All dates have been issued from DCC HR. Did ur back problem surface in the medical?

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    All dates have been issued from DCC HR. Did ur back problem surface in the medical?

Are ye sure about that ? No medical went great .I'll have to get onto hr today .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Are ye sure about that ? No medical went great .I'll have to get onto hr today .

All dates have not been issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

I'd be worried if I didn't have a date by now. 4th - 13th is the testing period

EDIT: Did you check spam mail?

• Advertisement

Got sorted thanks.

Got sorted thanks.

Did you get your date?

Did you get your date?

Yeah next week .

Yeah next week .

Nice one ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

honreal wrote: »
    All dates have not been issued.

I have only received my panel position and nothing else. I was 144 so I'm guessing a while before I hear anything

• Advertisement

derra_121 wrote: »
    I have only received my panel position and nothing else. I was 144 so I'm guessing a while before I hear anything

You could be waiting until the middle to end of next year... sit tight :)

they have only called positions 1-50

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

honreal wrote: »
    You could be waiting until the middle to end of next year... sit tight :)

they have only called positions 1-50

Maybe even longer, the longer the better for me tbh 😋😋

Was anyone up today for the physical assessments in the OBI?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

Hi guys. Have been following the thread for a while now. I'll be in the second class. Just wanted to et some details on the medical, the hearing test in particular. What kind of inspection did they carry out and did they do an audiometric test? Cheers!

Hi guys. Have been following the thread for a while now. I'll be in the second class. Just wanted to et some details on the medical, the hearing test in particular. What kind of inspection did they carry out and did they do an audiometric test? Cheers!

Have a look back in the last 5-10 pages and you'll find all the information you need re medical and the hearing test

Have a look back in the last 5-10 pages and you'll find all the information you need re medical and the hearing test

Please forgive my ignorance. I looked back over the thread. Can't find any info relating to the hearing test. Any first hand information on it? Appreciate any help!

Please forgive my ignorance. I looked back over the thread. Can't find any info relating to the hearing test. Any first hand information on it? Appreciate any help!

You're grand. It's a basic hearing test where you sit in a soundproof booth with headphones on and push a button on a handheld device every time you hear a beep. Nothing to worry about unless you have any major hearing difficulties.

You're grand. It's a basic hearing test where you sit in a soundproof booth with headphones on and push a button on a handheld device every time you hear a beep. Nothing to worry about unless you have any major hearing difficulties.
    Really appreciate it! I have had a perforated ear drum in the past but it healed up, very mild hearing loss in one ear from using impact drivers. Hopefully won't impact on the test. Thanks for your help!

Pay (agreed to be) restored to new recruits after 2012.

How is this allowance paid?

http://emergencytimes.com/pay-cuts-reversed-for-new-fire-fighters/

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Pay (agreed to be) restored to new recruits after 2012.

How is this allowance paid?

http://emergencytimes.com/pay-cuts-reversed-for-new-fire-fighters/

That's a huge boost to salary, government are finally doing something worth while.

• Advertisement

Will we be eligible starting in June does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

its savage news! dream job now looking more like its realistically being able to live off it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

its savage news! dream job now looking more like its realistically being able to live off it now.
    It's excellent news. Is this a tax free or taxable allowance does anyone know? Also does anyone know will it be in place for June? Arruabarrena????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Is it 4500 tax free per annum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Is it 4500 tax free per annum?

No. It's taxable income

Paulzx wrote: »
    No. It's taxable income
    Do you think it will be in place for June Paul?

Do recruits qualify for it or is it only after passing out is another question I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Afaik it will be to from day one. A €23k starting job just went up to almont €28k basic with further shift alowance. I bet there is a lot of lads boasting to their wives this evening saying i told you so!

Might ease the burdon for many familys going through the transition of a parent changing career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Don't know. Rent allowance was always the only allowance paid during training along with basic pay. It was abolished for all new entrants in 2012 despite being an integral part of core pay.

This new agreement is to have it absorbed into core pay which will allow all new entrants to have it. When it happens is another thing

• Advertisement

Paulzx wrote: »
    Don't know. Rent allowance was always the only allowance paid during training along with basic pay. It was abolished for all new entrants in 2012 despite being an integral part of core pay.

This new agreement is to have it absorbed into core pay which will allow all new entrants to have it. When it happens is another thing
    Yep. I've a feeling it will be a while before it kicks in.

Advertisement