Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

If it takes time to come in surely it will be backdated for all starting in June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

honreal wrote: »
    If it takes time to come in surely it will be backdated for all starting in June?

Don't make any presumptions. The class that started in 2013 still don't know whether it will be backdated for them.

Nothing has been cast in stone yet. There's union AGM's this week that might have more info on it

Paulzx wrote: »
    Don't make any presumptions. The class that started in 2013 still don't know whether it will be backdated for them.

Nothing has been cast in stone yet. There's union AGM's this week that might have more info on it

Im not amking any assumption, it was merely a thought that popped into my had. This pay increase doesnt bother me. if its in its in but i wont lose sleep either way

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Hi folks can someone shed some light on all types of vaccines that we get at the medical. Cheers

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Hi folks can someone shed some light on all types of vaccines that we get at the medical. Cheers

Hep A + B + Tettanus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Hep A + B + Tettanus

Thanks honreal

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

How's everyone getting on with the physicals???

How's everyone getting on with the physicals???

Nobody appears to have failed yet from what im hearing. Looking good. Im sure there were a few close calls but that will be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Does anyone know if you get holidays while in training in the obi. I booked a 2 day break down the country with the missus and kids before I done the interview .

Does anyone know if you get holidays while in training in the obi. I booked a 2 day break down the country with the missus and kids before I done the interview .

You may cancel that unfortunately. Chungwun can correct me if im wrong but once your in your in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Has anybody got a breakdown of the course? I know what the course entails but I mean sample breakdown i.e

Week 1-2: Basic recruit
    Week 3-4: BA
    Week 5.......................

That new turnout gear is the dogs bollix!!! All my Christmas' came at once when trying it on.... literally cannot wait for the 27th now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

That new turnout gear is the dogs bollix!!! All my Christmas' came at once when trying it on.... literally cannot wait for the 27th now.

Doing the CPAT in the old gear then getting fitted for the new gear afterwards was like the difference in black and white. New stuff is super! Bring on the 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

CPATS were today lads? can you give us details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Was exactly as was in the youtube videos we got sent from DCC. Great experience and a great relief to get it done. Became very real when they were fitting us for the uniforms. New equipment is amazing

they started last wed. they go on until this coming Friday. exactly like the email we received with the video attachments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Best of luck breaking the bad news to the missus Steve!! Try gettin away for a few days before it starts or else wait till after. I think it happened once or twice years ago that there was a break in the middle of training but I think this was due to waiting for the ems part to start.

Also you don't want to the 'that' recruit that asks the course director for 2 days off to go down the country in fairness

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Has anybody got a breakdown of the course? I know what the course entails but I mean sample breakdown i.e

Week 1-2: Basic recruit
    Week 3-4: BA
    Week 5.......................

Can change from course to course but add in week RTA, hazchem, srt, pump and other specials courses. Plus more basic training towards the end to get ready for pass out. Add in marching as well and I think now there is physical training included.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Chungwun wrote: »
    Can change from course to course but add in week RTA, hazchem, srt, pump and other specials courses. Plus more basic training towards the end to get ready for pass out. Add in marching as well and I think now there is physical training included.

Driving?

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Driving?

No never done in recruit training. It's a separate course you apply for when in a number of years.

Only usually done on needs per station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

No never done in recruit training. It's a separate course you apply for when in a number of years.

Only usually done on needs per station

How does it work for the lads on the ambulance? Surely driving for an entire shift would be a killer if your partner didnt have the driving course done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

How does it work for the lads on the ambulance? Surely driving for an entire shift would be a killer if your partner didnt have the driving course done

You can drive the back of the ambulance

Correct

It will take 18-24 months to be full qualified Paramedic, plenty to be doing before getting behind the wheel! It must be a right nasty time having to drive for 15/16 hours non stop

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

What if you already possess the necessary lisence ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

It will take 18-24 months to be full qualified Paramedic, plenty to be doing before getting behind the wheel! It must be a right nasty time having to drive for 15/16 hours non stop

Are the ambulance shifts that long? Oof

What if you already possess the necessary lisence ?

Need a C1 licence to start off. If you don't you have to do the basic driving course. Then pass the driving test. Then you have to go back on station and do 40 'drive backs' on the motor.

When that's done you have to go back and complete the 2/3 advanced driving course and pass it.

But forget about going driving for at least 5 years folks, plus when you go operational you won't have much interest in it.

stringbox wrote: »
    Are the ambulance shifts that long? Oof

Night shifts are 6pm - 9am (sundays your in until 10am)
    Day shifts are 9am - 6pm (except sundays you start at 10am)

shifts are the same for ambulance and fire duties

Night shifts are 6pm - 9am (sundays your in until 10am)
    Day shifts are 9am - 6pm (except sundays you start at 10am)

shifts are the same for ambulance and fire duties

And don't forget about the Saturday night when the clocks go back. That's a long 17 hours on the ambulance if your on it!!

• Advertisement

And don't forget about the Saturday night when the clocks go back. That's a long 17 hours on the ambulance if your on it!!

When you sit back and think about it the night shifts are ridiculously long! I don't understand how the lads I know do those hours and function the next day but they do! I need to grow a set :D

Advertisement