Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

honreal wrote: »
    When you sit back and think about it the night shifts are ridiculously long! I don't understand how the lads I know do those hours and function the next day but they do! I need to grow a set :D

What order are the shifts rostered?
    2 days 2 nights with 3 off?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

JDigweed wrote: »

There's an app called dfb rota available in the Android app store. That should give you a good idea of what the shifts are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

JDigweed wrote: »

I think it's 2 days, 1 night then 3 off, then 1 day, 2 night's and 3 off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

7 day shifts and 7 night shifts every 28 days. the pattern is as described above but at the start of the entire shift patter there is a day and a night followed by 3 days off as opposed to 3 days working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Monday day
    Tuesday night
    Wednesday Thursday Friday OFF
    Saturday day
    Sunday day
    Monday night
    Tuesday Wednesday Thursday OFF
    Friday day
    Saturday night
    Sunday night
    Monday Tuesday OFF
    Wednesday day
    Thursday day
    Friday night
    Saturday Sunday Monday OFF
    Tuesday day
    Wednesday night
    Thursday night
    Friday Saturday Sunday OFF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Are we any clearer on whether this class will get paramedic training straight away or is it happening down the line?

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Are we any clearer on whether this class will get paramedic training straight away or is it happening down the line?

Mixed words coming back when I enquired. most will be out as FF around oct when the fire side training wraps up with the possibility of a few from that class being held back to fill the rest of the paramedic class when class 01/2016 return for their paramedic around oct. if this doesnt happen then everyone will be out and due to return after 3 or 4 months.

Nobody really knows I don't think as it would be signed off at a higher level.

Story changes depending on who you talk to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Chungwun wrote: »
    Best of luck breaking the bad news to the missus Steve!! Try gettin away for a few days before it starts or else wait till after. I think it happened once or twice years ago that there was a break in the middle of training but I think this was due to waiting for the ems part to start.

Also you don't want to the 'that' recruit that asks the course director for 2 days off to go down the country in fairness

I'll just have to pay a few quid extra to move it to the weekend. Broke the bad news she didn't seem to care as I'm footing the bill !

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

I'll just have to pay a few quid extra to move it to the weekend. Broke the bad news she didn't seem to care as I'm footing the bill !

happy wife = happy life :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

So were upto bang on 50 on panel guys now yeah ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Grahamfire wrote: »
    So were upto bang on 50 on panel guys now yeah ?

I was chatting to a firefighter in the training centre during the CPAT and he said as far as he knows they're not replacing the drop outs/fails in the first class. So if 5 don't pass cpat or medical they're not gonna bring 5 in from 2nd class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    I was chatting to a firefighter in the training centre during the CPAT and he said as far as he knows they're not replacing the drop outs/fails in the first class. So if 5 don't pass cpat or medical they're not gonna bring 5 in from 2nd class.

Are they replacing lads that defer their places?

bono_v wrote: »
    Are they replacing lads that defer their places?

According to him they're not replacing anyone no matter what the circumstances. Could be just a rumour but I haven't heard of anyone in the 50-60 bracket being moved into the first class yet even though people have deferred from the 1st to 2nd class and the start date is getting pretty close!

According to him they're not replacing anyone no matter what the circumstances. Could be just a rumour but I haven't heard of anyone in the 50-60 bracket being moved into the first class yet even though people have deferred from the 1st to 2nd class and the start date is getting pretty close!

I spoke with HR just when the panel numbers were released. They told me that the will replace number ONLY if there is enough time. 60 days for candidates to go through a medical and give notice to current employers. as we are less that 60 days to the 27th of June id say nobody else will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dm87

does anybody know the date for the second class to start

dm87 wrote: »
    does anybody know the date for the second class to start

funny you ask, i just got a call from a FF telling me class is set for 1st or second week in January as was the feeling before hand.

how does he know i hear you ask? his S/O is the course director!!

roll on 2017, its going to be a good year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

funny you ask, i just got a call from a FF telling me class is set for 1st or second week in January as was the feeling before hand.

how does he know i hear you ask? his S/O is the course director!!

roll on 2017, its going to be a good year!!
    So that would have the medicals for 2nd class roughly around November??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dm87

and do you know are they just doing firefighter training or are they doing emt aswell

Johner1982 wrote: »
    So that would have the medicals for 2nd class roughly around November??

I would imagine so judging from the timescale from class 1. we are 6 weeks out and that class are finishing CPAT's so im guessing the end of november hopefully.
    dm87 wrote: »
    and do you know are they just doing firefighter training or are they doing emt aswell

AFAIK it will be full training including Paramedic but thats an educated assumption from lads in DFB not fact. the fact they are allowing 6 months between class 1 and 2 would allow enough time for that the inclusion of the paramedic program.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

Does anyone know what the likelihood is historically of being called if you're on the recruitment panel?

• Advertisement

lim abroad wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the likelihood is historically of being called if you're on the recruitment panel?

yeah Pi divided by your order of merit multiplied by your yearly salary including shift allowances..... :rolleyes:

in previous recruitment not all the panel was used up, mainly due to cutbacks. However hearing from someone high up in DFB all of this current panel will be used up so if your on the panel providing you pass the medical and cpat your in. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

Cheers Johnner, I'm number 6 on the panel for Limerick so fingers crossed I'll get the call eventually.

Cheers Johnner, I'm number 6 on the panel for Limerick so fingers crossed I'll get the call eventually.

Surely that high up the panel you've nothing to worry about. Just a waiting game pal. Well done

Is it the 27th of June yet?

Is it the 27th of June yet?

A LOT to look forward to! Great feeling knowing it's all over with and it's just relax and enjoy it from here on out.

honreal wrote: »
    A LOT to look forward to! Great feeling knowing it's all over with and it's just relax and enjoy it from here on out.

This is gonna be the longest 6 weeks ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

This is gonna be the longest 6 weeks ever!

Good time to go on a holiday for yourself beforeyourself before it all kicks off

Chungwun wrote: »
    Good time to go on a holiday for yourself beforeyourself before it all kicks off

Can't wait till that first day! Contracts should be out by next week. DCC said they want them out by 27th of this month at the latest.

• Advertisement

Can't wait till that first day! Contracts should be out by next week. DCC said they want them out by 27th of this month at the latest.

Yeah so Brian was saying that day in the OBI. He said he wants to give everyone 1 months notice before the start date.

Do you reckon we will get the gold PPE when we get there or is that at the end of training?

Advertisement