Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

honreal wrote: »
    The motivation do do work or care about work has reached 0.

Likewise :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

You're only getting to that point now? My mental requests for motivation have been getting denied for weeks now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

the wind down is in full swing

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

the wind down is in full swing

Yous aren't too bad you've only got to wait till June another 7 months for me haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

My wind down has been for a while now but my problem is I have been winding down too much and too quick! Still a few weeks to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Feck it is there anywhere to get the firefighter series online?
    Was looking for it myself, couldnt find it so ended up watching one from the 90s on youtube very grainey footage .

Season 1 http://www.dbka.org/topic/902en_Dublin-Firefighters.html

It doesn't let me download the files. I get a 404

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

It doesn't let me download the files. I get a 404

torrent_zpsburchmqs.jpg

click on the magnet link (that will only work if you already have torrent installed)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

@TJHooker2016

Were you posting here as another username and then just set up a new username?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

You usually reply a lot quicker than this to questions TJ :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Anybody have the link to the esc's thread on here?

Can't find it anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Chungwun wrote: »
    Anybody have the link to the esc's thread on here?

Can't find it anymore

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056986153/58/#post99789987

Here it is.

torrent_zpsburchmqs.jpg

click on the magnet link (that will only work if you already have torrent installed)

Yeah I got a link that worked but there's nobody seeding the files so there is nothing downloading unfortunatly

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

Any idea when DFB would be recruiting again? I've tried to join the AUX Divison with civil defence but told they;re currently not recruiting and same with The Order Of Malta.

Mccabe96 wrote: »
    Any idea when DFB would be recruiting again? I've tried to join the AUX Divison with civil defence but told they;re currently not recruiting and same with The Order Of Malta.

Not until after this panel's time runs out which is 2019

IT_wannabe wrote: »

2019....what happens ifthe panel is used before then?

2019....what happens ifthe panel is used before then?

The 150 on the panel is a forecast of what they will need between now and 2019 to cover retirements and short falls. If there's an unexpected drop in numbers on top of that then I'm sure they'll recruit if they need to but the only info we have to go on at present is not before 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

damn not until 2019? i'll be in the order of malta and civil defence by then so will have a lot of experience, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Could well run an additional campaign for a supplementary panel if needs be, although chances are they don't forcast the need for that given that they could have made the recent panel double the size.

In saying that you just never know it's all guesswork

It's very hard to forecast ahead. Fact is DFB wanted a bigger panel. City manager had final call and granted 150. There is a window now over the next couple of years were there is gonna be a huge amount of retirements due to a double class that was run in the early 80's who have all done their 30 at this stage and have the option of going or staying depending on their age.

The 2nd class will be in January, there will be the next batch of controllers included in that class as well so I could see them calling from 50 to either 90 or 100 on the panel.

With an educated guess I'd say your talking September/October 2017 for the 3rd class. After that anything could happen. You could end up with 10 or 20 lads left from the panel, then you could add another few controllers to that and have a 4th class in 2018.

But fact is at the moment the job is nearly running down the whole time. With a sub officers panel coming up towards the end of the year on top of retirements there is gonna be a massive hole to fill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

But fact is at the moment the job is nearly running down the whole time.

Sorry Chungwun, what do you mean by this? I read somewhere that there's 850 FFs and 117 operational officers, should there be a lot more?

stringbox wrote: »
    Sorry Chungwun, what do you mean by this? I read somewhere that there's 850 FFs and 117 operational officers, should there be a lot more?

850 ish is hat there should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

I was told in 08 their was 980 FFs and now theyre at around 840FFs

thatboy1 wrote: »
    I was told in 08 their was 980 FFs and now theyre at around 840FFs

No never that amount. Probably 980 including operational officers

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

No never that amount. Probably 980 including operational officers

Ah makes sense.

Is it the 27th of June yet? ☺

Is it the 27th of June yet? ☺

And on the 28th you'll be asking.....when are we operational!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

.....when are we operational!!

When you've rolled out 1000 lengths of hose, made down 500 ladders, ironed 4 months worth of uniforms and used dozens of B.A. cylinders.

Don't forget the sore knees, backs, arms and whatever else you're having.

Paulzx wrote: »
    When you've rolled out 1000 lengths of hose, made down 500 ladders, ironed 4 months worth of uniforms and used dozens of B.A. cylinders.

Bring it on!

• Advertisement

Paulzx wrote: »

And the snoozing warm lecture room trying to stay awake drill for all the lessons too

Advertisement