Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Banana peel

Hi All,

would any of you know what exactly is involved in Manual Dexterity Assessment for ERCC?
    Please :)

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Best of luck to all starting Monday. Keep the heads down and help each other out. It's goina be tough, but it will be worth it. Keep us informed of your progress and any updates about proposed dates for class 2 and 3.

Couldn't agree more. Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Hi All,

would any of you know what exactly is involved in Manual Dexterity Assessment for ERCC?
    Please :)

Thank you

Hi banana peel to the best of my knowledge manual dexterity test involves reconstruction of a patern or object. Let's say your shown a bolt with a nut on the end it's disassembled and you have to put it back the way it was. It won't be hard it should be fairly basic hope that helps. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Good luck lads! set the bar as high as possible class 2 will be right in behind you :P looking forward to meeting you all on the Job, Best of luck to all!

Best of luck to all of class 1 your time has arrived. Give it socks lads and lassies . And if we beat the french tommorow don't forget to go home. Early start Monday ;) roll on class 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Like Christmas eve for some of you guys tonight. Some exciting and tough times ahead of you. Remember play the game and keep your head down.

Turn up early and on time, you don't want to be late on the first day. Don't stress, even the little things like where to park your car, you'll be shown.

Probably just paperwork and lectures to go thru tomorrow so don't expect to be out fighting fires straight off the bat.

Enjoy the training and see yas on the other side because I doubt you'll been on here much more ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Best of luck to everyone starting in the morning.

When your facing tough times in the next few months just remember how many of us would give our left leg to be in your position.

Chungwun wrote: »
    Like Christmas eve for some of you guys tonight. Some exciting and tough times ahead of you. Remember play the game and keep your head down.

Turn up early and on time, you don't want to be late on the first day. Don't stress, even the little things like where to park your car, you'll be shown.

Probably just paperwork and lectures to go thru tomorrow so don't expect to be out fighting fires straight off the bat.

Enjoy the training and see yas on the other side because I doubt you'll been on here much more ;-)

Any idea when their gonna start calling class 2 for medicals chungwun??

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Any idea when their gonna start calling class 2 for medicals chungwun??

I'd say it will be middle of January at this stage. Was originally ear marked for November but that's when this class was meant to start in May. So I can't see ithe start for a couple of weeks before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

I was hoping that the medicals and CPAT for class 2 might be starting this year, if anything to get the excitement going again.
    Seems like a distant memory now all the preperation and fire station visits before the interview.
    It's going to be a very long year.

• Advertisement

JDigweed wrote: »
    I was hoping that the medicals and CPAT for class 2 might be starting this year, if anything to get the excitement going again.
    Seems like a distant memory now all the preperation and fire station visits before the interview.
    It's going to be a very long year.

We'll if the plan would be to start a class in January they would have to get all the cpat and medicals done before the new year.

The lads who just started would give you a better indication as to when all the process started to the start of training. Maybe 3 months at a guess without looking back over it all. So you'd be talking late September or October. All speculation of course because if anything is certain about the fire brigade is that nothing is predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Great to get going all the lads were sound . Bit of an eye opener at home buffing the boots at the minute which doesn't seem to easy but suppose I will get the hang of it in no time.

Great to get going all the lads were sound . Bit of an eye opener at home buffing the boots at the minute which doesn't seem to easy but suppose I will get the hang of it in no time.

Keep us posted on how you and the class are going throughout the training!
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Any ESCs in this class? Is it all DFB?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Well has anyone heard anything about the second class??

The wait is killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Well has anyone heard anything about the second class??

The wait is killing me

According to our instructors it won't be until January at the earliest.

The last class and a small amount of the current class will be doing the ems training in October.

So it's a question of whether they decide to run the new class along side the ems course or they just wait till January to start the next class. It would be a huge amount of lads in the obi to run concurrently.

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    According to our instructors it won't be until January at the earliest.

I'd tend to agree with this line of thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Chungwun wrote: »
    The last class and a small amount of the current class will be doing the ems training in October.

So it's a question of whether they decide to run the new class along side the ems course or they just wait till January to start the next class. It would be a huge amount of lads in the obi to run concurrently.

Just to add to that, we were told today that none of our current class will be doing ems in October as it stands. Subject to change obviously

I wouldn't be surprised. Job is down the whole time practically

• Advertisement

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Just to add to that, we were told today that none of our current class will be doing ems in October as it stands. Subject to change obviously

Does that mean there's a chance if class 2 starting Oct I wonder. Then again as chungwun said earlier it's unlikely they'll start a class before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Realistically it's January. Can't see much left in the budget for another class this year. Ideal scenario would be have both Class go though the obi between and january giving both classes 2017 to concentrate on the paramedic crse and class 3 can begin fire training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

I know the wait is a killer but you get used to it in this game. January suits me fine as ive two trips away booked in october.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

Just thought I would throw this here. It won BAFTA short film of the year award and was made in partnership with the London Fire Brigade. Its more towards the ESC's but i'd say it would appeal to you all.

https://vimeo.com/160795942

Can anyone of the DFB crew that follow this thread shed a bit of light on the Sports and Social club. What kind of stuff can you get involved with.....soccer or GAA teams etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Does anyone think the panel might not be fully used ? I'm in the 120-130 area and a little worried !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Next class will not be before January. It could be a bit later. I would be very surprised if the panel is not used up. It's a numbers game. The existing shortage of firefighters plus a Subbies panel to be made up in the next 6-8 months and retirements means that 150 recruits will be required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Paulzx wrote: »
    Next class will not be before January. It could be a bit later. I would be very surprised if the panel is not used up. It's a numbers game. The existing shortage of firefighters plus a Subbies panel to be made up in the next 6-8 months and retirements means that 150 recruits will be required.

Realistically now when do you think class 3 will be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Realistically now when do you think class 3 will be ?

Ideally it would be soon after class 2 has finished. Other factors have to be taken into consideration such as the availability of Officers to instruct.

• Advertisement

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Does anyone think the panel might not be fully used ? I'm in the 120-130 area and a little worried !

Graham your gonna drive yourself round the bed if you keep thinking about ifs buts and maybes.

Just get on with what your doing and just wait and see. Easy to say but nothing else you can do.

And for what it's worth I personnel think it will be used. And needed very quickly

Advertisement