Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

JDigweed wrote: »
    Can anyone of the DFB crew that follow this thread shed a bit of light on the Sports and Social club. What kind of stuff can you get involved with.....soccer or GAA teams etc

Unfortunately over the last few years the sports teams have fallen away a bit due to the lack of young lads coming into the job. However the GAA team recently played the FDNY over here and it's hoped that the trips over and back start again. Usually there is a 7s tournament inter service, none the last 2 years tho.

The soccer tips away at a few games, recently playing the NIFRS and a team from England. Here again it's starting to take off with a few new lads.

Good few other sports in the job too, golf, cricket, cycling and others.

On the social side of things there is 2 main events in the year. The summer kids party and BBQ which is held in the OBI, usual stuff here from bouncy castles, entertainers, shows, and think there was an animal show last year. Then there is the Xmas party. Held the last number of years in the Clarion hotel in liffey valley. Again the usual, Santa's, presents, smiths vouchers, toy give aways, DJ, entertainment and food for the kids.

Last year there have been a couple of nights out over separate nights to allow all watchs to go which seemed to be fairly successful.

You'll always get people who dish out criticism but this is mainly due to events in the past but things seem to be improving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Sounds Good Chungwun.....I'd say there's plenty of sports mad men and women on this panel that can add to it over the next couple of years.
    Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

How many actually ended up starting this summer in the end after medicals cpat etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

thatboy1 wrote: »
    How many actually ended up starting this summer in the end after medicals cpat etc?

I heard 48 off panel but am unsure if was accurate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I heard 48 off panel but am unsure if was accurate ?

Current class is 50. There is people up to panel number 53 in this class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Current class is 50. There is people up to panel number 53 in this class

Great, thanks for sharing!

Hope it's going well for everyone so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

Questions about the medical lads, not sure if these were asked already but

1. How is the eye test done? Like a full test with an optician or a Doctor with a chart on the wall etc?
    And is it 20/20 or better or show you the door kind of thing?

2. And having a BMI of 30 if it's mainly muscle isn't a big deal I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

N1ceWan wrote: »
    Questions about the medical lads, not sure if these were asked already but

1. How is the eye test done? Like a full test with an optician or a Doctor with a chart on the wall etc?
    And is it 20/20 or better or show you the door kind of thing?

2. And having a BMI of 30 if it's mainly muscle isn't a big deal I assume?

Requirements at medical are 6/6 good eye 6/12 bad eye. Forget 20/20 you will be fine once have reasonable eyesight.
    Don't mind BMI or anything like it once fit and healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Requirements at medical are 6/6 good eye 6/12 bad eye. Forget 20/20 you will be fine once have reasonable eyesight.
    Don't mind BMI or anything like it once fit and healthy

Thanks for the reply Graham. Is it done by the doctor yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

How's everyone getting on at the training? Has anyone left?

• Advertisement

cathalmonk wrote: »
    How's everyone getting on at the training? Has anyone left?

No one has left yet. First 3 weeks of basic training complete. Starting the specials Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

No one has left yet. First 3 weeks of basic training complete. Starting the specials Monday morning.

You enjoying the hose rolling?!! Lol

You enjoying the hose rolling?!! Lol

Wasn't that much to he honest, as soon as you can do it properly they don't drag the ass out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

I see some information over on the ESC's thread saying the 1st class are passing out on 8th of October and second class due in January with 10 ESC's included. Can anyone else confirm or deny that?

I see some information over on the ESC's thread saying the 1st class are passing out on 8th of October and second class due in January with 10 ESC's included. Can anyone else confirm or deny that?

According to a few of the instructors yeah that is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

According to a few of the instructors yeah that is happening.

Did they say what numbers they,'ll be training? Like are they gonna take another 50 from the panel as well as 10 from esc or less from the panel because of the 10??

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Did they say what numbers they,'ll be training? Like are they gonna take another 50 from the panel as well as 10 from esc or less from the panel because of the 10??

I'd say if there is 10 esc's the max from the panel will be 40 at a guess

Chungwun wrote: »
    I'd say if there is 10 esc's the max from the panel will be 40 at a guess

I hope your wrong lol I can't wait till next summer

I hope your wrong lol I can't wait till next summer

We'll they went to 53 on the panel this year to get the class. You could find there may be similar if not more refuse it next time round.

We'll they went to 53 on the panel this year to get the class. You could find there may be similar if not more refuse it next time round.

36-38 of a recruit class plus the 10 escc class is the latest whispers so far

• Advertisement

36-38 of a recruit class plus the 10 escc class is the latest whispers so far

Well heres hoping!!

Have people refused their place on the panel in class 1?

Have people refused their place on the panel in class 1?

People must have deferred or dropped out as there is people in class 1 up as far as number 53 on the panel

People must have deferred or dropped out as there is people in class 1 up as far as number 53 on the panel

It was mentioned in earlier posts that was down to physicals I didn't hear anything about anyone pulling out of the process themselves. I suppose gotta take it all as speculation

It was mentioned in earlier posts that was down to physicals I didn't hear anything about anyone pulling out of the process themselves. I suppose gotta take it all as speculation

There was 1 definite failure of the CPAT from the top 50

wouldnt you be gutted to fail at that level? having gone through aptitudes, interview and all. complete shame

wouldnt you be gutted to fail at that level? having gone through aptitudes, interview and all. complete shame

Heart breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Uggghhh these next 6 months waiting are goina be a lonnnng wait 😩

Uggghhh these next 6 months waiting are goina be a lonnnng wait 😩

Why.....You'll have 30 years ahead of ya in 6 months time. Go away on holidays or just do nothing. No point in even thinkin bout it till you start the process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

For the recruits in the OBI at the moment, how are ye finding it on the recruit wage? I'm sure there's a few that took significant pay cuts.

Advertisement