Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

JDigweed wrote: »
    For the recruits in the OBI at the moment, how are ye finding it on the recruit wage? I'm sure there's a few that took significant pay cuts.

Only received our first pay cheque yesterday. Was a tough 4 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Only received our first pay cheque yesterday. Was a tough 4 weeks

So it's paid out monthly?? I'd say that was tough alright.

So it's paid out monthly?? I'd say that was tough alright.

No it's paid fortnightly but you work a back fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

For the recruits in the OBI at the moment, how are ye finding it on the recruit wage? I'm sure there's a few that took significant pay cuts.

I'm dreading that part of it... Not sure how I'll manage it scares the living jasus outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

IT_wannabe wrote:
    No it's paid fortnightly but you work a back fortnight

I don't want to be rude but can I ask what the take home wage per fortnight is?

• Advertisement

cathalmonk wrote: »
    I don't want to be rude but can I ask what the take home wage per fortnight is?

440 a week pre tax

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Was told today that only 40 from the panel to be taken on for 2nd class fecking raging cause I woulda been in if it was 50 the wait has just become longer

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Was told today that only 40 from the panel to be taken on for 2nd class fecking raging cause I woulda been in if it was 50 the wait has just become longer

Was saying that a few days ago, looking like 36-40 from second panel and the rest are escc

Was saying that a few days ago, looking like 36-40 from second panel and the rest are escc

Just had it confirmed today though

Just had it confirmed today though

By DCC?

• Advertisement

By DCC?

2 friends in DFB

2 friends in DFB

From my experience of having gone through all the rumours and I'm now currently in the OBI in class 1, unless you see it on headed paper from DCC then don't believe it. DFB get told what's happening by DCC until you sign the last piece of paperwork on ur first day in the OBI and then and only then are DFB in control when it comes to numbers.

From my experience of having gone through all the rumours and I'm now currently in the OBI in class 1, unless you see it on headed paper from DCC then don't believe it. DFB get told what's happening by DCC until you sign the last piece of paperwork on ur first day in the OBI and then and only then are DFB in control when it comes to numbers.
    Yeah true pal here's hoping it's a bigger panel

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

440 a week pre tax

heard a whisper rent allowance is to be returned to new recruits. any word on that?

thatboy1 wrote: »
    heard a whisper rent allowance is to be returned to new recruits. any word on that?

50% in July and 50% in November for class 1. Rest of classes will have it

Interesting read

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/garda-pay-350-weekly-2890314-Jul2016/

I'm guessing this is what we have to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Lads the recruit training will be toughest together thru money wise, but it's only a few months and when ya get operational it'll get better as long as ya don't mind working a bit extra for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Hi lads/ladies
    First post for me here. I was one of the people from the last panel , that never got the shout. I'm on this one too. (Approx 20 from where they are now)

The best advice I can offer , from my experience is, to just get on with your life. Nobody beyond 53 has been offered anything yet. I know this sounds simplistic , but you will drive yourself around the bend. All anyone can do , is stay in shape and try put away a few quid for when you start.

Believe me, I want this as much as anyone, but I've been through this before. All indications suggest recruitment will move along quickly , and the panel will be used in full. As long as the economy keeps improving, it will be all good. If it nosedives , take NOTHING for granted. The rumour mill surrounding DFB is an awful thing and will change weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Conair79 wrote: »
    Hi lads/ladies
    First post for me here. I was one of the people from the last panel , that never got the shout. I'm on this one too. (Approx 20 from where they are now)

The best advice I can offer , from my experience is, to just get on with your life. Nobody beyond 53 has been offered anything yet. I know this sounds simplistic , but you will drive yourself around the bend. All anyone can do , is stay in shape and try put away a few quid for when you start.

Believe me, I want this as much as anyone, but I've been through this before. All indications suggest recruitment will move along quickly , and the panel will be used in full. As long as the economy keeps improving, it will be all good. If it nosedives , take NOTHING for granted. The rumour mill surrounding DFB is an awful thing and will change weekly

Good man, Well said. I have to commend you on going for it again. I can only imagine the questions you ask yourself when the recruitment opened up again.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Good man, Well said. I have to commend you on going for it again. I can only imagine the questions you ask yourself when the recruitment opened up again.

Best of luck

It was an easy decision to re apply. Wasn't sure if I would accept it when I applied but as soon as I got through to interview I knew I wanted it. Can't afford it , but still taking it😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Rocky 78

After the current classes are finished I take it they will go to the panel? After that any idea when another recruitment drive will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Rocky 78 wrote: »
    After the current classes are finished I take it they will go to the panel? After that any idea when another recruitment drive will be?

not even mystic meg could tell you that. a realistic guess 2019 maybe? but who knows

Rocky 78 wrote: »

Current panel is dated till March 2019 so I doubt any recruitment processes will commence before then Rocky. :eek

Conair79 wrote: »
    Hi lads/ladies

Well said and fair play on getting on the panel again hopefully see you on the other side.

Any lads in DFB I'm aiming this at you would you be able to give any info on What is the most the OBI has accommodated in regards to training?? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

Any lads in DFB I'm aiming this at you would you be able to give any info on What is the most the OBI has accommodated in regards to training?? Cheers.

what exactly are you looking to know? do you mean time off?

blackmark wrote: »
    what exactly are you looking to know? do you mean time off?

What's the most recruits the obi has had at one time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

What's the most recruits the obi has had at one time

The current class is 50. that is probably the largest class to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

There has been several occasions over the years were a recruit class was started with app 40 then when they start their 7 weeks ems a 2nd class of 40 started fire training so then when they were ready to start their ems training the 1st class was back fire side.

At present there is a class of 50 which is a large class but the obi could handle other courses at the same time, esc's for example.

Bigger issue at the moment is also the availability of officers to go out and instruct. Hence why there is a sub officers panel been advertised at the moment. That in turn will mean more recruits needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Is there a possibility that the dfb will recruit again before 2019 ?

Advertisement