Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

TallGlass wrote: »
    Around 18 months or so. Fair bit away, I am still raw from the interview so close but so far! I just hope I get an interview again, down but not out.

I've know people in the job that took them several tries to get in so if you really want it you just need to keep trying. There is lads in their mid 30's training at the moment. Has been recruits in the 40's so never let age be an issue either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Chungwun wrote: »
    I've know people in the job that took them several tries to get in so if you really want it you just need to keep trying. There is lads in their mid 30's training at the moment. Has been recruits in the 40's so never let age be an issue either.

Yeah for sure, but you know just want to get in and get rocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Suppose current panel is useable until March 2019 but I can't see it not being fully used by this time next year according to what I've heard

I'd imagine the 3rd class from the panel will have either started this by time next year or would be very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Can anyone tell me how long notice you received before the training? I know it my be different as you guys were first in but I have to give 2 months notice in my current employment. I am thinking of mailing DCC and asking them if they can tell how much notice I will receive.

• Advertisement

derra_121 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long notice you received before the training? I know it my be different as you guys were first in but I have to give 2 months notice in my current employment. I am thinking of mailing DCC and asking them if they can tell how much notice I will receive.

No harm in given them a call, just explain your situation and see what they say. Very doubtful they will have a date to give you but any worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

well derra121 did you get in touch with DCC in regards to your notice?? Did they give you any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Johner1982 wrote: »
    well derra121 did you get in touch with DCC in regards to your notice?? Did they give you any info?

I sent an email to them but have not had a response yet. I got an automated response saying it would be a few days before I get a reply. I am abroad and do not have access to phone coverage so I can not call them.

I doubt I will hear anything back.

I sent an email to them but have not had a response yet. I got an automated response saying it would be a few days before I get a reply. I am abroad and do not have access to phone coverage so I can not call them.

I doubt I will hear anything back.
    I'd say they,'ll get back to you alright but I'd imagine they'll only give you a rough idea of when next class starts as nothing for definite has been decided in regards to class size and exact start date. Hopefully you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Any news folks....the grape vine is gone very quiet. How's all the lads getting on out in the obi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

A little piece from the journal about the massive shortages in Dfb. Also goes on to say new class starting in January.....

Dublin fire engines repeatedly taken out of action due to staff shortages
    http://jrnl.ie/2936759

A little piece from the journal about the massive shortages in Dfb. Also goes on to say new class starting in January.....

http://jrnl.ie/2936759

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

Very interesting article in the journal. ie that is very relevant to many in here that are on the panel, it looks and sounds like they're going to fly through the panel by the sounds of the shortages

Can't post link cos I'm a new user

Word is full panel be operational by sept 2017 and another recruitment drive to be drawn up of funds allow. From a solid source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Is anyone that's in the OBI still playing sports while training? For the DFB posters on this, do most lads stop playing for GAA/Footy teams in case of injury when they are operational??

JDigweed wrote: »
    Is anyone that's in the OBI still playing sports while training? For the DFB posters on this, do most lads stop playing for GAA/Footy teams in case of injury when they are operational??

Comes down to a personal choice but wouldn't be the best idea to go play a match a few weeks before starting training and risk an injury and not necessarily able to start.

Different situation when you go operational.

Guys anyone looking to do a mock cpat test this company doing it for €25 https://www.facebook.com/CompoundFitnessIreland/

lads quick question. When the medicals are done are urine samples or blood tests done?

lads quick question. When the medicals are done are urine samples or blood tests done?

Yes both

i figured. Just the last time i gave blood the nurse collapsed a vein and my lower forearm turned all kinds of colours over a few days from black and blue to yellow over a few days. it wasent pretty!

• Advertisement

Bloods are not taken, just urine, the nurse puts a litmus stick into the urine which checks for any sugars or proteins (diabetes /kidney disease) the result is immediate and when she sees it's clear she then pours it down the sink. Takes all over 30 seconds to do,

Blood pressure is taken alright, but that's it.

Dublin_Fan wrote: »
    Bloods are not taken, just urine, the nurse puts a litmus stick into the urine which checks for any sugars or proteins (diabetes /kidney disease) the result is immediate and when she sees it's clear she then pours it down the sink. Takes all over 30 seconds to do,

Blood pressure is taken alright, but that's it.

Hmm, Have you done the medical? is this what you did or did you hear it from someone? as there are conflicting answers im wondering if who has first hand knowledge.

Hmm, Have you done the medical? is this what you did or did you hear it from someone? as there are conflicting answers im wondering if who has first hand knowledge.

Yes, I have done the medical, very recently. I have 2 friends training in the OBI at the minute and neither of them were blood tested. If someone tells you first hand they were blood tested then I'd take their word on it, maybe they just do random blood tests on every other person, which probably wouldn't be fair.

I have no clue how they work it

Dublin_Fan wrote: »
    Yes, I have done the medical, very recently. I have 2 friends training in the OBI at the minute and neither of them were blood tested. If someone tells you first hand they were blood tested then I'd take their word on it, maybe they just do random blood tests on every other person, which probably wouldn't be fair.

I have no clue how they work it

Cheers. I appreciate it.

This is the longest year ever any whispers about when medicals might be for class 2??

This is the longest year ever any whispers about when medicals might be for class 2??

There is a lot going on at the moment in general in the job but if the class is to start in January/February the ball should start rolling end of September start October

There is a lot going on at the moment in general in the job but if the class is to start in January/February the ball should start rolling end of September start October
    Is it still looking like 40 from the panel chungwun??

Class 3 probably June or so next year chungwun?

Is it still looking like 40 from the panel chungwun??

I'd imagine so. 10 esc's are due to come out of the room after doing their 2 years so if they want a class of 50 again they will pull 40 from the panel. As long as other factors don't come in like a country brigade needing a few lads trained

• Advertisement

I'd imagine so. 10 esc's are due to come out of the room after doing their 2 years so if they want a class of 50 again they will pull 40 from the panel. As long as other factors don't come in like a country brigade needing a few lads trained

Is there talk of country brigades sending lads up as well?

Advertisement