Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Is there talk of country brigades sending lads up as well?

Relax johner :-) I'm just pointing out factors that can't effect things. Ya need to chill and just wait to get called. These things do and will take time man. Nothing you can do so just keep yourself busy until you hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Chungwun wrote: »
    Relax johner :-) I'm just pointing out factors that can't effect things. Ya need to chill and just wait to get called. These things do and will take time man. Nothing you can do so just keep yourself busy until you hear more
    Haha sorry ye know yerself just raring to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

How are the posters on this getting on in training? Fancy filling us in a bit, these last few months are dragging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

I've had it in my head all year that we should hear something around September time so hopefully I was right. The wait is a killer I find myself checking this forum at least once a day!

cathalmonk wrote: »
    I've had it in my head all year that we should hear something around September time so hopefully I was right. The wait is a killer I find myself checking this forum at least once a day!

Same as that but as said earlier by chungwun best off keeping yourself busy and putting it aside till we actually receive word from dcc. I'm going for a mortgage next year so I'm hoping to squeeze in class 2 pending on panel size that is. It's a pain in the hole but look on the positive side we,'re in a position lots of people wish they where. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Same as that but as said earlier by chungwun best off keeping yourself busy and putting it aside till we actually receive word from dcc. I'm going for a mortgage next year so I'm hoping to squeeze in class 2 pending on panel size that is. It's a pain in the hole but look on the positive side we,'re in a position lots of people wish they where. ;)

Anyone on the panel is in an amazing position. One of the most sought after careers waiting to go

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/if-something-goes-wrong-theres-8763683 see this one today

"The source said while new employees are currently being trained, the intake is being outweighed by the number of retirements and promotions."

thatboy1 wrote: »
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/if-something-goes-wrong-theres-8763683 see this one today

"The source said while new employees are currently being trained, the intake is being outweighed by the number of retirements and promotions."

The more pressure the media put on DFB the quicker this panel will be used hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Folks...would I be right in saying there's cpat testing today for the escs??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheTeainEMT

Folks...would I be right in saying there's cpat testing today for the escs??

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

any updates on class 2 medicals and cpat's? or can anyone hazard a likely guess? it seems the class is due to begin the end of january start of febuary. how long before class 1 began did the cpats and medicals take place?

any updates on class 2 medicals and cpat's? or can anyone hazard a likely guess? it seems the class is due to begin the end of january start of febuary. how long before class 1 began did the cpats and medicals take place?

Class 2 process starting end October/start November

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Class 2 process starting end October/start November
    Makes sense but is that from the mouth of someone out of DCC?

Makes sense but is that from the mouth of someone out of DCC?

From DCC and DFB sources. They are in a dire situation with manning levels. Class 3 will more then likely run straight after class 2 also. I'd put money on there being another external recruitment 2017/18 once panel is exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Grahamfire wrote: »
    From DCC and DFB sources. They are in a dire situation with manning levels. Class 3 will more then likely run straight after class 2 also. I'd put money on there being another external recruitment 2017/18 once panel is exhausted

This is all pure speculation and you could be giving people misinformation because of what you want to happen.

I can confirm that I have contacted DCC and DFB direct and what I was told from the horses mouth was "no dates have been set yet but when they are 3 months notice will be given" I was also told if I contact early in the new year more information may be available.

Some people may have better sources than me but that's the information I was given last week.

derra_121 wrote: »
    This is all pure speculation and you could be giving people misinformation because of what you want to happen.

I can confirm that I have contacted DCC and DFB direct and what I was told from the horses mouth was "no dates have been set yet but when they are 3 months notice will be given" I was also told if I contact early in the new year more information may be available.

Some people may have better sources than me but that's the information I was given last week.
    Well I was also talking to DCC and they said class starting Jan/Feb not confirmed but 99% on it and Medicals and cpat end of October start November so we just wait and see. Hopefully sooner better. Just passing on what I was told I'm not taking as gospel either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Lads, I reckon the staff in DCC are sick of answering questions over the phone. They couldn't care less about when the next class is , because it doesn't affect them. I've heard it's the first week in Feb . Even if it's not then, it will happen sometime early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheWolf83

Anyone know if the rent allowance has been reinstated??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

The 1st class must be passing out as FF soon enough? Have they completed the 16 weeks yet?

The 1st class must be passing out as FF soon enough? Have they completed the 16 weeks yet?

They are going operational from the 10th of October so I'd presume it would be on Friday the 7th

• Advertisement

They are going operational from the 10th of October so I'd presume it would be on Friday the 7th

Ball is really rolling now. October 2015 to operational within a year

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

Brillant! Roll on class 2! It's coming around fast! Big congrats to all passing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Guys when would we expect too hear from dcc if class two was to start early next year. Is contact made by email or letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Guys when would we expect too hear from dcc if class two was to start early next year. Is contact made by email or letter?

I was told "[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Candidates can expect 3 months notice of a start date"[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

derra_121 wrote: »
    I was told "[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Candidates can expect 3 months notice of a start date"[/font]

I've been told , it's provisionally pencilled in for the first week of February . If this is true , we should be notified early November

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

Lads I'm in the control room class and I was told 6th February start date for your next class

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Choppy1916 wrote: »
    Lads I'm in the control room class and I was told 6th February start date for your next class

@choppy1916 did you hear any word about when class 2 is starting for the control room?

Dave087 wrote: »
    @choppy1916 did you hear any word about when class 2 is starting for the control room?

I'd say your looking about at least 6 months. That's as long as the city manager doesn't start wielding the axe again!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

I'd say your looking about at least 6 months. That's as long as the city manager doesn't start wielding the axe again!

I also heard today from family member who is an s/o that 6th of Feb is starting date for class 2 and also off a friend who passed out in may from internal recruitment done at start of year that the d/o in his station also mentioned date date

• Advertisement

jim bo c wrote: »
    I also heard today from family member who is an s/o that 6th of Feb is starting date for class 2 and also off a friend who passed out in may from internal recruitment done at start of year that the d/o in his station also mentioned date date

By any chance does your family member know how many from the panel are they taking for class 2?

Advertisement