Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Johner1982 wrote: »
    By any chance does your family member know how many from the panel are they taking for class 2?

The question was asked about the 2nd control room class which is what I'm talking about 6 months or so.

I said it months ago that the 2nd firefighter class would start in late January early February

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Chungwun wrote: »
    The question was asked about the 2nd control room class which is what I'm talking about 6 months or so.

I said it months ago that the 2nd firefighter class would start in late January early February

Yeah I know that I'm just asking the lad has his source any info on how many from the firefighter panel are being called for class 2

Yeah I know that I'm just asking the lad has his source any info on how many from the firefighter panel are being called for class 2

I'd still go for an educated guess of 38 or 40 with the addition of 10 or 12 esc's due to go firefighting training. That would make it up to a class of another 50

I'd still go for an educated guess of 38 or 40 with the addition of 10 or 12 esc's due to go firefighting training. That would make it up to a class of another 50

Is it normal for lads to pull out of the panel chungwun? Has it happened much in other recruitment drives?

Is it normal for lads to pull out of the panel chungwun? Has it happened much in other recruitment drives?

Sometimes, ya might get one or two alright. Always hard go know. But as has been said, ithe panel should and has to be used. It's just a matter of waiting for your turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Sometimes, ya might get one or two alright. Always hard go know. But as has been said, ithe panel should and has to be used. It's just a matter of waiting for your turn

Has there been any rumours of the panel not being fully used? Il be class 3 and it's still always a worry !

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Has there been any rumours of the panel not being fully used? Il be class 3 and it's still always a worry !

No

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

I can confirm that the start date for Firefighter Class 2 is Monday 6th February 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

I can confirm that the start date for Firefighter Class 2 is Monday 6th February 2017

And I will second that. Just received my e mail from HR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Conair79 wrote:
    And I will second that. Just received my e mail from HR

Same here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Congrats guys. Did it give an idea of numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Now we have a start date we can begin to prepare mentally and physically. Can not wait.

thatboy1 wrote: »

No pal, it didn't specify . I was early 70s . Maybe someone else with a bigger number can shed some light

thatboy1 wrote:

I was early 60's

Woo hoo just got the mail the ball is rolling yee haaw

I Was 90,s

I Was 90,s

Congrats, I know you were sweating on whether you would make this class

Conair79 wrote: »
    Congrats, I know you were sweating on whether you would make this class

Cheers pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

So they took 40-50 for class 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭flix1

Woo hoo just got the mail the ball is rolling yee haaw

Delighted for you!! Get cracking on your CPAT training!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

The panel is up to No. 53 for the current class, so people as far as 93 on the panel have been notified, plus 10 ESC'S that have served their time in the ERCC.

If 6th February is the start date your final job offer will be made 30 days prior to that date ( approx 6/7th January) pending you pass medical, CPAT, garda vetting and good references from your past employers.

So I would say medical mid / late November CPAT early / mid December

Good luck folks and well done, exciting times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Lads do get cracking on that CPAT test just going to the gym is not good enough try simulating the test the best you can its is tough enough and also totally different to just going to the gym . Did mine 3 weeks ago and was glad I trained for it by simulating it , was very beneficial . Well done to you all and the very best of luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

Delighted! Have a big aul sand bag to start hoofing around. Psyched!

I presume the cpat is the same for women as men!

shaunac93 wrote: »
    I presume the cpat is the same for women as men!

Id be shocked if it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

It's the Same test for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

@ TJHooker - are you formerly TicTacDoc posting on this same thread?

Delighted! Have a big aul sand bag to start hoofing around. Psyched!

Don't say psyched in front of a fireman at the CPAT....they will definitely fail ya ;-) ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

CPAT is the exact same for men and women, the whole physical is really easy apart from the last part, equipment carry, that's the 5 minutes to run at the end.

Best training IMO is to get a pair of wellies on ya and start practicing 50 metre sprints. The turnout gear and equipment is alot heavier than it looks

• Advertisement

3rd class in for end of June beginning of July folks. At this stage I'd guess another 50 based on no esc's meeting their 2 years in time for the training.

Advertisement