Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Chungwun wrote: »
    3rd class in for end of June beginning of July folks. At this stage I'd guess another 50 based on no esc's meeting their 2 years in time for the training.

That a defo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Grahamfire wrote: »
    That a defo ?

Nothing is a definite but it's what I'm saying and heard and if you go back over my previous predictions they have been fairly spot on

My personal opinion and by the way things are going. Everyone on this panel will be operational or in training by early 2018.

Nothing is a definite but it's what I'm saying and heard and if you go back over my previous predictions they have been fairly spot on

Yeah it's been very reliable alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Got email yesterday haven't received letter yet prob in d post has anybody got the official letter posted to house ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

My personal opinion and by the way things are going. Everyone on this panel will be operational or in training by early 2018.

Chungwun can you shed a bit of light on previous references.. my situation is my job of 7 years went into liquidation 5 weeks ago I'm working with a new company now but I'd prefer a reference from my older employers who know me rather than new employers would that be ok?
    Cheers

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Chungwun can you shed a bit of light on previous references.. my situation is my job of 7 years went into liquidation 5 weeks ago I'm working with a new company now but I'd prefer a reference from my older employers who know me rather than new employers would that be ok?
    Cheers

Be honest with ya the lads that are in training at the moment would be the best to advise on that due to the fact the just went thru it all recently in regards paperwork stuff.

Personally I couldn't see why a reference from your old job wouldn't do. Plus I don't think it's a big deal, you've gone that fact a bad reference ain't gonna make a difference in you starting frankly

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

jim bo c wrote: »
    Got email yesterday haven't received letter yet prob in d post has anybody got the official letter posted to house ?

Yeah same here....maybe tomorrow

Yeah same here....maybe tomorrow

I think I've watched them videos bout hundred times trying figure out wat way is best to do my own training I feel as if running and lifting weights not best way to go goin try get a training buddy and get sum dumbells and wellies and hit the park ha

absolutely buzzing again hopefully we all get an early xmas present

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Anyone get their letter yet?i got nothing

Conair79 wrote: »
    Anyone get their letter yet?i got nothing

Not yet thought b yet today but still waiting prob mon

Guys I have a friend that will be in class 2. He found out today he is colour blind. Would this be a total fail ?

Guys I have a friend that will be in class 2. He found out today he is colour blind. Would this be a total fail ?

I'm not allowed paste a link because , I'm a new user. It's says "colour perception - to the satisfaction of the city councils medical adviser"
    My understanding is there are different levels of colour blindness . If it's just shading , youmight be ok. If you can't tell the difference between red green and blue , I doubt you can pass

Google Dublin fire brigade eyesight requirements

Conair79 wrote: »
    Google Dublin fire brigade eyesight requirements

Thanks for reply. Yeah I seen that in information booklet. On the isihara plates he gets 4/16 correct so he's not great at them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Going to stalk the post man before work on monday. Getting real now, need to get my finger out and practice carrying heavy things while running.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

Congrats to everyone who's been called I'm sure ye'll do great. I'm #6 myself on the panel for Limerick so waiting patiently at the moment.

lim abroad wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who's been called I'm sure ye'll do great. I'm #6 myself on the panel for Limerick so waiting patiently at the moment.

Well done best of luck in your future career. Dreams are being made for lots of us on here !

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Don't forget to dream about hose Friday when your on your 10 th length of hose and you have to eat your dinner again . Thank god it's over

• Advertisement

thesamster wrote: »
    Don't forget to dream about hose Friday when your on your 10 th length of hose and you have to eat your dinner again . Thank god it's over

Did you not enjoy the training?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yupster12

Anyone have an idea or an educated guess as to what will happen with the left over panel after class 3?

Yupster12 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea or an educated guess as to what will happen with the left over panel after class 3?

Yeah they will be class 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yupster12

Smaller class or have to wait until there's a full class??

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

How many do you reckon will be left over if they are on #53 now and take 50 in that will be 103 then surely class 3 will just be the remaining? Or has it been split differently to that?

We'll if it follows the same pattern which it more than likely will because bodies on needed on the ground. The panel should go from 94 to 134 (depending on take up and test failures) for class 3. So then say class 4 (Jan 2018 at a guess) should be the remainder plus 10/12 esc's. Plus you could end up with a few country lads maybe training with them if needed.

We'll if it follows the same pattern which it more than likely will because bodies on needed on the ground. The panel should go from 94 to 134 (depending on take up and test failures) for class 3. So then say class 4 (Jan 2018 at a guess) should be the remainder plus 10/12 esc's. Plus you could end up with a few country lads maybe training with them if needed.

If class 3 is jun/Jul when would you expect Medicals and physical tests to be carried out ?

If class 3 is jun/Jul when would you expect Medicals and physical tests to be carried out ?

We'll if this class starting the 6th of February got notice last week or let's just say 1st week of October.

You should therefore think you'd receive notice for class 3 four months before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

On the other hand Chugwun if Class 3 takes 50 from the panel like you suggested in a previous post that would be 94-144 for class 3

• Advertisement

Fr.damo wrote: »
    On the other hand Chugwun if Class 3 takes 50 from the panel like you suggested in a previous post that would be 94-144 for class 3

Yeah aparently tho there would be another bunch of esc's due to come out.

What was the overall panel again, 170?

Advertisement