Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Chungwun wrote: »
    Yeah aparently tho there would be another bunch of esc's due to come out.

What was the overall panel again, 170?

I thought it was 160 maybe its 170 i'm not exactly sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Fr.damo wrote: »
    I thought it was 160 maybe its 170 i'm not exactly sure

160 lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Any letters out today lads/ladies? Im in work all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Any letters out today lads/ladies? Im in work all day.

Yes, its a provisional offer of employment. No more information really than what we got in the email last week. simply sign a form and return it.

Yes, its a provisional offer of employment. No more information really than what we got in the email last week. simply sign a form and return it.

That'll do me. Its progress at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

derra_121 wrote: »
    How many do you reckon will be left over if they are on #53 now and take 50 in that will be 103 then surely class 3 will just be the remaining? Or has it been split differently to that?

I think they have notified to early 90's not 103. There's approx 10 ESCs due to be in next class afaik. That leaves approx 67 on the panel plus more ESCs over 2 classes. Possible there could be 30 odd in each class?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Got letter today I know d checklist says just sign references and confirm you want the position but wud I b right in thinking we already had to give educational qualifications and Birth cert and I know we have already been vetted so all have to do is give references and sign confirmation ????

jim bo c wrote: »
    Got letter today I know d checklist says just sign references and confirm you want the position but wud I b right in thinking we already had to give educational qualifications and Birth cert and I know we have already been vetted so all have to do is give references and sign confirmation ????

Yup . My is sent back already

Conair79 wrote: »
    Yup . My is sent back already

Have we been already vetted or is this done before each class ?

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Have we been already vetted or is this done before each class ?

It doesn't say specifically on our letter. Would imagine it's done as required. A lot of time can pass from the first to last class.

• Advertisement

It doesn't say specifically on our letter. Would imagine it's done as required. A lot of time can pass from the first to last class.

It's deffo done already as my friend in third class has been vetted I know because he had to clarify a matter with them about 3 weeks b4 1st class went in so I'd imagine our class done as well

I was wondering the same, i submitted all those bits back in feb, dont fancy having to do it all over again if they already have them.

Good luck too class 1 passing out today !

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Has it been decided yet if class 2 will be doing medical training straight away or should we plan on training for around 4 months like class 1?

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Has it been decided yet if class 2 will be doing medical training straight away or should we plan on training for around 4 months like class 1?

I was told it would be the same as class 1 and when we finish our 16 weeks fire fighter training we will relieve class one so they can go do there medical training then it will b the same for us once class 3 is finished firefighting training they will release us from duties to go back and do medical a friend of mine who passed out in April in internal recruitment goin back next mon to start his medical training so class 1 be releaving them

I was told it would be the same as class 1 and when we finish our 16 weeks fire fighter training we will relieve class one so they can go do there medical training then it will b the same for us once class 3 is finished firefighting training they will release us from duties to go back and do medical a friend of mine who passed out in April in internal recruitment goin back next mon to start his medical training so class 1 be releaving them

What's said above is exactly as I heard too

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Grahamfire wrote: »
    What's said above is exactly as I heard too

How many weeks or months is the duration of the medical training??

Johner1982 wrote: »

I'm nearly sure it's 14 weeks I cud b corrected on dat but I think I remember being told that number suppose be quit intense I guess that's y they make d aptitude test tough ,, weed out d chancer's

I heard sum of training will b done in royal college of surgeon's ha never thought I'd be goin there

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

I heard sum of training will b done in royal college of surgeon's ha never thought I'd be goin there

Haha bring it on can't wait

• Advertisement

Johner1982 wrote: »

The core classroom training is approx 12 weeks. Then there is work in the rcsi, hospital and ambulance placements and some additional courses like btls added on. Technically the paramedic course is 2 years long if you include your post grad internship and portfolio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Can anyone shed a bit of light on the average length of day spent in the OBI......what time you should be in the OBI to get ready in the morning and what time do you normally head away.
    Now the letters have arrived with a start date, I'm trying to plan getting kids collected and dropped to creche etc....medical and physical all going to plan of course.

JDigweed wrote: »
    Can anyone shed a bit of light on the average length of day spent in the OBI......what time you should be in the OBI to get ready in the morning and what time do you normally head away.
    Now the letters have arrived with a start date, I'm trying to plan getting kids collected and dropped to creche etc....medical and physical all going to plan of course.
    9 to 5. I think this was covered before. You will need to be there for 8 to iron uniforms and be ready for parade .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Best of luck to the new recruits starting on their watches from tomorrow.

Remember if you want to get off to a good start and make a good impression, don't come in empty handed....biscuits or cakes are acceptable ;-)

Done a bit of cpat style training in the gym yesterday before i hit the showers, twas an eye opener and that was without heavy turn out gear on me.

Done a bit of cpat style training in the gym yesterday before i hit the showers, twas an eye opener and that was without heavy turn out gear on me.

Might be worth trying on a BA set before hand. I think you have to put on the mask for the claustrophobia test. This is straight after running around carrying equipment . It's no big deal , but it might feel different when you're breathing out of your arse.

Might be worth trying on a BA set before hand. I think you have to put on the mask for the claustrophobia test. This is straight after running around carrying equipment . It's no big deal , but it might feel different when you're breathing out of your arse.
    Ive tried a BA set before on a course but was breathing normally. It is an odd sensation having to pull the air in. I'm tipping away nicely under the 5 min time limit for the equipment test.

Has anybody received date for medical class 2 in November ??

Not as of yet.

• Advertisement

They have posted out questionnaires to our nominated references. I haven't received anything about medical a yet.

Advertisement