Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Conair79 wrote: »
    They have posted out questionnaires to our nominated references. I haven't received anything about medical a yet.

Have they done that already? I haven't even told my references yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Have they done that already? I haven't even told my references yet

If you ticked the box allowing them to contact your current employer, they have most likely done it already. My last boss rang me yesterday to let me know they had been in touch

If you ticked the box allowing them to contact your current employer, they have most likely done it already. My last boss rang me yesterday to let me know they had been in touch
    Cheers for that conair79 I'll tell my references tommorow. Didn't think they.d act that fast

They are still firming up the numbers . Once they have done that, we will get our dates for the medical. If people turn it down, they will offer it to others slightly further down the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Guys did you have to fill in references again in the paperwork you got last week or are they using ones from pre interview ?

• Advertisement

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Guys did you have to fill in references again in the paperwork you got last week or are they using ones from pre interview ?

It's a new form . You give your current and one former employers details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Garethc93 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anybody have any idea when class 3 will be starting training? I'm on the panel pretty gutted to be missing out on class 2!

I wouldn't be posting your exact number pal. But if there is fails or drop outs you could still get a call for class 2.

In regards 3rd class....latest words are that from the next class they want to revert to the old way of running the firefighting and paramedic training all in one go. It's getting messin having lads going back and forth it seems.

So if that does happen class 2 will run from Feb to July ish. So I'd at a guess reckon end August start of September for class .

If it follows the same pattern of fire fighting training only then class 3 could be in around July.

This is all hypothetical at the moment but might give you some indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Garethc93

Chungwun wrote: »
    I wouldn't be posting your exact number pal. But if there is fails or drop outs you could still get a call for class 2.

In regards 3rd class....latest words are that from the next class they want to revert to the old way of running the firefighting and paramedic training all in one go. It's getting messin having lads going back and forth it seems.

So if that does happen class 2 will run from Feb to July ish. So I'd at a guess reckon end August start of September for class .

If it follows the same pattern of fire fighting training only then class 3 could be in around July.

This is all hypothetical at the moment but might give you some indication.

Thanks very much!

Anyone's past employers not received anything regarding references??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

Anyone else get an email this morning regarding PPE fitting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Anyone else get an email this morning regarding PPE fitting?
    Yeah I got email this morning asking to cum in for Ppe fitting 27th so next Thursday at 9 am ,, any one else get the same or are we different dates ,,, any body get medical date ????

Anyone's past employers not received anything regarding references??

They don't look for references off past or current employers till u have passed fitness and u 100% are starting 6th Feb so as not to alert employer u are leaving without u having a place on course ,,,, that's wat I've been told anyway

I'm the Tuesday after.

jim bo c wrote: »
    They don't look for references off past or current employers till u have passed fitness and u 100% are starting 6th Feb so as not to alert employer u are leaving without u having a place on course ,,,, that's wat I've been told anyway

It was said in an earlier post that someone's last employer has already been contacted. I see my last employer regularly and he hadn't received anything as yet. Was just wondering encase he didn't check his mail or whatever. Cheers anyway pal

It was said in an earlier post that someone's last employer has already been contacted. I see my last employer regularly and he hadn't received anything as yet. Was just wondering encase he didn't check his mail or whatever. Cheers anyway pal
    I got a call from the foreman of the last company I worked for. They rang him , looking for his postal address. They were sending him a questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

any update on what panel number they're up to for this class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

I think it's mid/late 90's for this class.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

thatboy1 wrote: »
    any update on what panel number they're up to for this class?

Numbers 54-94 got letters for this class

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

If there is to be a class 3 after class 2 which starts Feb 6th, how far up the panel are they expected to go to get class 3 does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    If there is to be a class 3 after class 2 which starts Feb 6th, how far up the panel are they expected to go to get class 3 does anyone know?

Have a look back over the last few pages. It's been fairly well covered.

At an educated guess, probably the next 40. So 95 to 135. Give or take a few for non take ups and fails of medicals and physicals.

• Advertisement

Fitting tmrw 😀

With regards to the physical, on the manual dexterity test and equipment carry test and the other tests, is it one strike your out or do you get a second attempt if you fail the first attemp?

With regards to the physical, on the manual dexterity test and equipment carry test and the other tests, is it one strike your out or do you get a second attempt if you fail the first attemp?

2 attempts. 20min rest between 1st and 2nd attempt as far as I'm aware.

2 attempts. 20min rest between 1st and 2nd attempt as far as I'm aware.

Thanks for the reply. Is that just for the equiptment carry test or does it apply to the casualty extraction and manual dexterity test too?

Thanks for the reply. Is that just for the equiptment carry test or does it apply to the casualty extraction and manual dexterity test too?

As far as I understand it applies to them all. No sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Can anyone that has been down for a fitting tell me how long have they been taking?

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Can anyone that has been down for a fitting tell me how long have they been taking?

Less than an hour

Just back from fitting things starting to feel very real now. In and out in 15 mins.

Just back from fitting things starting to feel very real now. In and out in 15 mins.

Letter for medical arrived today

• Advertisement

Letter for medical arrived today
    Yeah got mine there this morning.

Advertisement