Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

People who are potential for class 3 take note of the medical notification. Approx 3 months before start date. Cause I just know this will be asked in the new year.

Cue the questions on eye sight test shortly!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Johner1982 wrote:
    Yeah got mine there this morning.

When are the medicals starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Coffeeface

Can anyone shed light on eyesight please.
    If you wear glasses are you out of the running befor your start?
    Surly you can wear glasses as airline pilots can wear them these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Coffeeface wrote: »
    Can anyone shed light on eyesight please.
    If you wear glasses are you out of the running befor your start?
    Surly you can wear glasses as airline pilots can wear them these days.

CF this has been discussed to death on this thread. Go back over pages that's relative to medicals. All the info you need is there. From lads pre test and their opinion post tests

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

cathalmonk wrote: »
    When are the medicals starting?

Second week of November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Second week of November

Picking up some pace now. Between fittings and medicals, we'll be out in the yard before we know it.

Picking up some pace now. Between fittings and medicals, we'll be out in the yard before we know it.

Yeah raring to go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Class one really starting in the deep end with this time of year right at the beginning of there service. Seen many DFB posts online of windows smashed and eggs being thrown at appliences. Stay safe lads👌ðŸ»

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Class one really starting in the deep end with this time of year right at the beginning of there service. Seen many DFB posts online of windows smashed and eggs being thrown at appliences. Stay safe lads👌ðŸ»

Sad times we live in unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Sad times we live in unfortunately

Is a disgrace why attack an organisation that is there to help the public. Makes zero sense. No respect dragged up thugs

• Advertisement

apparently was the same appliance that got it's Windows put through last week that got egged tonight. Uneducated fools man their only a minority but this day and age you,d think their be a bit more cop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Everybody get measured? That gold turnout gear is unreal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

JDigweed wrote: »
    Everybody get measured? That gold turnout gear is unreal!!

Wait til you get working in it, sweaty betty!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

I'm extremely jealous of all you people doing the medicals etc! Hopefully next time they recruit it'll be my turn! Good luck to everybody.

I just have to avoid catching a life limitting illness between now and the medical and im fine.

Anyone up for medicals next week?

Anyone up for medicals next week?

Later in the month for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Later in the month for me.

Same. Just short of wraping myself in bubble wrap at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Two weeks for me feel d same can't wait till it's over same as coat mind playing tricks on me freaking myself out I'm sure I'm not d only one ha

I got a great deal on bubble wrap and a big plastic bubble, i dont want to train to hard for the cpat either until after the medical jist incase i end up in a cast.

• Advertisement

I got a great deal on bubble wrap and a big plastic bubble, i dont want to train to hard for the cpat either until after the medical jist incase i end up in a cast.

Haha normal to be nervous you,'ll be grand. Up next week myself I assume the medicals are starting Mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

jim bo c wrote: »
    Two weeks for me feel d same can't wait till it's over same as coat mind playing tricks on me freaking myself out I'm sure I'm not d only one ha

Same here. We've become hypochondriacs over night ðŸ˜.keep breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Every day I find myself on this forum checking out d gossip ,, can't wait to finish up in my job and start training absolutely buzzing for it ,, I've completely lost interest in wrk at the moment ,,it goin b a long couple of weeks at this rate ,, boss looking for me to do over time and I just cudnt b bothered even tou I'm goin need the money I cudnt care less

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

jim bo c wrote: »
    Every day I find myself on this forum checking out d gossip ,, can't wait to finish up in my job and start training absolutely buzzing for it ,, I've completely lost interest in wrk at the moment ,,it goin b a long couple of weeks at this rate ,, boss looking for me to do over time and I just cudnt b bothered even tou I'm goin need the money I cudnt care less

Pack that overtime in.... when your getting a measly €350 a week you will need your reserve to live

derra_121 wrote: »
    Pack that overtime in.... when your getting a measly €350 a week you will need your reserve to live

Is that what the take home is in training derra_121?

Medicals starting this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Anybody know what time recruits start at everyday. And finish?

It has been said earlier in this thread you can expect to be at the OBI from 8-6 most days

On parade at 9 so expect to be there earlier to get your uniform and shoes ready for line up. As far as I can remember seeing 5pm finish on an earlier post correct me if I'm wrong

• Advertisement

Well anyone have their medical today ? If so how'd it go? Anyone up tommorrow?

Advertisement