Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

cathalmonk wrote: »
    It has been said earlier in this thread you can expect to be at the OBI from 8-6 most days

Traffics a nightmare leaving the obi

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Anyone had their medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Interested to know myself how lads got on I'm on Wednesday lil nervous not goin lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

jim bo c wrote: »
    Interested to know myself how lads got on I'm on Wednesday lil nervous not goin lie

They might not have started yet. I'm up Monday week. There's only 40 of us to be done.

Conair79 wrote: »
    They might not have started yet. I'm up Monday week. There's only 40 of us to be done.

I know sum of lads from ercc have done it was talking to friend who passed out in oct and his mate in our class done on Thursday ,, I'm up Wednesday as I said I'll let u know how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Medical finished.
    Heres a quick low down, might help you relax a bit more than I did.
    Audiogram test....sit in a box with headphones on click a button when you hear a beep.
    Into the doc...urine and breath test for drugs and alcohol.
    Measures blood pressure and blow into a spirometer for lung capacity.
    Measures BMI.
    Eyesight test and color blindness test.
    2 Heppatitus vaccinations if needed.
    Lastly into another doc for a quick check of heart and lungs.
    All in and done in around 90 minutes.

JDigweed wrote: »
    Medical finished.
    Heres a quick low down, might help you relax a bit more than I did.
    Audiogram test....sit in a box with headphones on click a button when you hear a beep.
    Into the doc...urine and breath test for drugs and alcohol.
    Measures blood pressure and blow into a spirometer for lung capacity.
    Measures BMI.
    Eyesight test and color blindness test.
    2 Heppatitus vaccinations if needed.
    Lastly into another doc for a quick check of heart and lungs.
    All in and done in around 90 minutes.

Thanks for that ,, did u get d all clear straight away

Got the all clear. You'll know during each test how you do.
    Its fairly straight forward....you'll feel the weight off your shoulders walking out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

JDigweed wrote: »
    Got the all clear. You'll know during each test how you do.
    Its fairly straight forward....you'll feel the weight off your shoulders walking out the door.

Happy days cheers for that. Im in this week also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Guys how strict are they on colour blindness. I know a guy thats up this week for medical and he's red green blind. Gets 7/17 on isihara plates

• Advertisement

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Guys how strict are they on colour blindness. I know a guy thats up this week for medical and he's red green blind. Gets 7/17 on isihara plates

Just got all clear today (fit for work) quit strict on eye test but as was said b4 they want you to pass isihara plates wasn't tough but there was about 15 or so plates to b answerd I think u can slip up on 2-4 nurse fills out paper wrk on each set and advises u best they can gud luck to ur mate just tell him to take his time ter is no time limit and same goes for eye test take your time your allowed one wrong answer on each plate of 6 numbers they are quit small just take your time and he shud b grand as I said they want u to pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Just got all clear today (fit for work) quit strict on eye test but as was said b4 they want you to pass isihara plates wasn't tough but there was about 15 or so plates to b answerd I think u can slip up on 2-4 nurse fills out paper wrk on each set and advises u best they can gud luck to ur mate just tell him to take his time ter is no time limit and same goes for eye test take your time your allowed one wrong answer on each plate of 6 numbers they are quit small just take your time and he shud b grand as I said they want u to pass

Unfortunately the isihara is only easy if you're not colour blind. There will always be 1 or 2 that will catch everyone out. I really hope this lad passes. Would be cruel to fall short now

Conair79 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the isihara is only easy if you're not colour blind. There will always be 1 or 2 that will catch everyone out. I really hope this lad passes. Would be cruel to fall short now

I shuda said dat exactly ter handy if ur not completely colour blind I think it's ok if slight difficulty between two colours but if very bad then u may struggle I think they tolerate 3or 4 wrong answers ,, I know wud b very disappointing this far gone best advise is try practice I guess and take time

Thanks for info lads. Ah it would be terrible. Me and my mate are on panel and he's a good friend I'd be gutted for him. He got 6 wrong in opticians on the isihara plates

Thanks for info lads. Ah it would be terrible. Me and my mate are on panel and he's a good friend I'd be gutted for him. He got 6 wrong in opticians on the isihara plates

I was told in optician I need reading glasses and this had me really worried thinking I'd fail eye test ,, the optician testing u is a lot diff to the nurse who will do medical the optician trying to hit a target by selling u glasses and saying slight problem here or ter we're as nurse doing med wants u to pass ,,

I'd say ur mate may b border line if 6 wrong he may just get it on day plz god best of look to u both

Did you get a pass on the day and then a follow up confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Coffeeface

When you say it was strict on eye test in what way ? How was the eye test conducted ? And lastly was there anything said about glasses? Congrats btw

Coffeeface wrote: »
    When you say it was strict on eye test in what way ? How was the eye test conducted ? And lastly was there anything said about glasses? Congrats btw

Ring them and ask for the vision requirments. If you dont meet the required parameters thats what makes it strict. Also if you wear glasses all the time im not sure how they would fit under the ba set. Most people g down the lazer route before medicals.

Regarding the eye test, its not the same as a regular chart that you see in the opticians. You look into something like a pair of binoculars and read the first line or the next or whatever you can read. Its then darkened to test night vision and the doc clicks these red dots either side of you to test peripheral vision.
    Also lines with shapes with certain shapes coming towards you to be named...stars, plus signs etc......not sure what that was all about.
    The ishihara test is standard calling out numbers from a book.
    There is a questionnaire to fill out before with a box to tick if you wear glasses or lenses. I was never asked by the doc did I wear glasses, lenses or have laser eye surgery.

Thanks for the info.. was the test done on each eye separately or was it done combined?sorry for the questions but I have my medical next week and I'm worried

• Advertisement

Your looking into the device with both eyes but you are asked to call out a line using left eye only and then right eye only at one stage.
    It's down to you wether you shut the eye or not.

Thanks for your replys

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

Physical dates are out!!

Has there been any fails on medical to date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

Physical dates are out!!

When are the physicals?

Between X and y will do me, doesn't have to be exact date, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 john_manuel

Dublin_Fan wrote: »
    When are the physicals?

Between X and y will do me, doesn't have to be exact date, thanks

7th Dec - 16th Dec

In regards too medicals once you've passed out is there anuall medicals and fitness tests or is it just a once off too get in

My friend passed today on colour blindness. He failed some isihara plates so they done a different test and were happy ! Delighted for him as this would have been a cruel stage to go out at.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

My friend passed today on colour blindness. He failed some isihara plates so they done a different test and were happy ! Delighted for him as this would have been a cruel stage to go out at.

Delighted for your mate hopefully everyone gets on ok

• Advertisement

Anyone doing CPAT this week?? I can get a glimpse of the finish line....been a long time coming!!

Advertisement