Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

The medicals are very straight forward and the staff are there to pass you not to look for ways to fail you, you will see for yourself when you do your own medical.

It's VERY straightforward!

the only difficult part of the physical assessments is the CPAT but you know what you have to do there. Nobody enjoys the CPAT and you wont be the last to sh^& yourself over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

blackmark wrote: »
    The medicals are very straight forward and the staff are there to pass you not to look for ways to fail you, you will see for yourself when you do your own medical.

It's VERY straightforward!

the only difficult part of the physical assessments is the CPAT but you know what you have to do there. Nobody enjoys the CPAT and you wont be the last to sh^& yourself over it!

I'm up late next week. Best of luck to everyone. When you come around that cone, there's a fire truck facing you. That should be enough to motivate you to push through the burning in your legs!! It is very doable, even if it's not easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Medical went fine. I was a bag of nerves leading up to it. Cpat is very soon, training away as you do. Arms and legs fine, trying to control my breathing is the challange. There is a 30 second difference in my times when i breath properly in the park.( difference between 4min 30 seconds and 5 mins flat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Medical went fine. I was a bag of nerves leading up to it. Cpat is very soon, training away as you do. Arms and legs fine, trying to control my breathing is the challange. There is a 30 second difference in my times when i breath properly in the park.( difference between 4min 30 seconds and 5 mins flat)

Why are you trying to control the breathing??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

JDigweed wrote:
    Why are you trying to control the breathing??

Yeah I don't get it? Is it not just balls to the wall and get it done as soon as possible??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Coffeeface

Pathetic carry on that..it's handy beast yourself for a few mins get it done no big deal ��������

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get it? Is it not just balls to the wall and get it done as soon as possible??

I'd have said controlling your breathing during all exercise is important

Conair79 wrote:
    I'd have said controlling your breathing during all exercise is important

Absolutely if I was running a 10k I would focus on controlling my breathing but most of the CPAT seems to be anaerobic in nature. And if it's a timed test I don't see why you would hold back by 30 seconds just to control your breathing???

Is there something I'm missing here? If there is I happily stand to be corrected.

Absolutely if I was running a 10k I would focus on controlling my breathing but most of the CPAT seems to be anaerobic in nature. And if it's a timed test I don't see why you would hold back by 30 seconds just to control your breathing???

Is there something I'm missing here? If there is I happily stand to be corrected.

Would imagine the poster was saying ,he does it quicker when he controls his breathing.

Well balls to the wall had me gasping for air and begging to be put down after lap 4 and walking the rest of it. I burnt up all my energy early on. Pacing myself working on my breathing left fuel in the tank for the whole 550 meters of the equipment carry.

Ive been running with weights around the park for the last while practicing. Ive found sprint down to the 50m mark and jog/ walk back to catch your breath leaves a bit in the fuel tank to carry on with the next weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

JDigweed wrote: »
    Anyone doing CPAT this week?? I can get a glimpse of the finish line....been a long time coming!!

Feel d same only one more week and then the whole process over for me can't wait till it's official and can hand in notice ,, best of look to everybody , anybody doin it tmrw can u tell d rest of us how got on

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Any idea when contracts will be signed? the week before the start date or sooner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Guys I done cpat with compound fitness anyone worried or needs a proper idea of what there going to do should do it. It's a hard test cardio wise but everyone will pull threw it no problem. This hole process has taken over a year. 5 mins of balls out left just go for it ! The very best of luck to everyone in class 2. Can have a fantastic and stress free xmas now ! Roll on class 3 I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Anybody that was up today be able to shed some light on how long we be in the OBI for the cpat . ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

Any idea when contracts will be signed? the week before the start date or sooner?

Day 1. Takes about an hour

Did anyone do the CPAT today? Howd it go??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

Did anyone do the CPAT today? Howd it go??

All 6 in today passed CPAT, 6 in for testing every day until next Friday, (2 of the days will have 7 in to make up the 50)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Anybody that was up today be able to shed some light on how long we be in the OBI for the cpat . ??

Some where being tested at 9am and the last one was at 1pm, you will find out your order when you get in there on the day, my advice is to bring a banana or protein shake or what ever your into, there's nothing worse to get in there at 8am and not do the test until 12pm on an empty stomach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

I'm wondering how hard it is running in full turnout gear.
    Also which test was most difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Just a bit of advice for anyone to do cpat try keep all parts of the equipment carry to a small jog or run including the barbell carry. Just to give you peace of mind. It's very do-able I personally found that cardio training will help. Best of luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

As poster said b4 compound fitness near coolock do a mock cpat with full turnout gear they have the hoses we b using as well very gud replica test I've done it 3 times alrdy increasing with last time doing it in 3:30 flat and dat was balls to the wall as said earlier very doable light jog all d way would do it nicely but as was said b4 you wanna do it in gud time they use heavier barbell as well so shud b easier on d day when in the training ground surrounded by dfb gear and veichles 5 min of pain for a dream job for 30 years ,, most lads wud cut their left arm off to b were we are so chin up and smash it , ,,, best of look to everybody c u on d 6th

See if you fail vision part of medical do you get the chance to go to an optician and get a report ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Anybody else from the panel get called up?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

I'm between #100 and #105 and haven't heard anything. You??

lostox wrote: »
    I'm between #100 and #105 and haven't heard anything. You??
    No haven't heard anything myself although I do know one person who would be in class 2 and hasn't decided if he's going to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Are you less than #100 Fr Damo?

lostox wrote: »
    Are you less than #100 Fr Damo?
    No,there was a post from someone a couple of weeks ago who was 96 or 97 wonder did they hear anything

Ahhhhh.... and breath.

Time to enjoy christmas now.

Ahhhhh.... and breath.

Time to enjoy christmas now.

I take it you passed your cpat today?

• Advertisement

HR said upto 95 have been called

Advertisement