Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Ahhhhh.... and breath.

Time to enjoy christmas now.

Well done ,, how u find it , can't wait for it to b out d way myself early next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Fr.damo wrote: »
    No haven't heard anything myself although I do know one person who would be in class 2 and hasn't decided if he's going to take it

Really? He still hasn't decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Conair79 wrote: »
    Really? He still hasn't decided?
    He's been offered a massive promotion in his job and the money offered has him in two minds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

He's been offered a massive promotion in his job and the money offered has him in two minds

It'll surely test how much he really wants to be a firefighter.

In my opinion job satisfaction is better then money any day

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

for single lads in their 20's or lads without family that is easy to say. but think of lads that might have mortgages and kids. there might be no way they could take the pay cut. He might like the job he is in and would LOVE to be a firefighter.

point is we can never know the situations each family are in.

• Advertisement

He really just fancied a change because he was bored with his job, on other the other hand I've gone for it 3 times and finally got it and I can't wait to start,I really hope he doesn't take it and someone else who really wants it gets it

He really just fancied a change because he was bored with his job, on other the other hand I've gone for it 3 times and finally got it and I can't wait to start,I really hope he doesn't take it and someone else who really wants it gets it

A lot of us have families and commitments . I'm taking a massive wage cut . I'm losing free transport , fuel and a phone also. At the end of the day , we will always do what's right for ourselves. For me job satisfaction is more important than money. IF he doesn't take it, someone else missed out on their dream. Or the person who is 96 on the panel misses out on starting in February .

for single lads in their 20's or lads without family that is easy to say. but think of lads that might have mortgages and kids. there might be no way they could take the pay cut. He might like the job he is in and would LOVE to be a firefighter.

point is we can never know the situations each family are in.
    Hence why i said in my opinion. I know people in both situations...

A lot of us have families and commitments . I'm taking a massive wage cut . I'm losing free transport , fuel and a phone also. At the end of the day , we will always do what's right for ourselves. For me job satisfaction is more important than money. IF he doesn't take it, someone else missed out on their dream. Or the person who is 96 on the panel misses
    out on starting in February .

I'd imagine there's plenty of us, who have been offered improved terms to stay where we are.

I'd imagine there's plenty of us, who have been offered improved terms to stay where we are.
    The last conversation I had with him I said why don't you defer class 2 and take the promotion,see if you still feel the same.I then said at least the next person in the panel gets called up before Xmas which would be unbelievable for them,he told me to go f*** myself and he'll do whatever suits him!

• Advertisement

The last conversation I had with him I said why don't you defer class 2 and take the promotion,see if you still feel the same.I then said at least the next person in the panel gets called up before Xmas which would be unbelievable for them,he told me to go f*** myself and he'll do whatever suits him!

Sounds like a nice fella🙄

In fairness to your mate he earned his spot and he can do whatever he feels is best I understand that if he not sure due to money as in mortgage and supporting a family it's a hard one ,, but if he just not sure about weather he wants it or not that's a different story in my opinion this is a job that u really have to want to do,,I think most of us have but in that effort cause this is a dream come tru which for some is a long time coming and well deserved we all no how tough it was to get ter ,, so if he thinks he better off in his current job due to promotion and money then maybe he shud defer or refuse nobody wants to go into a dangerous situation and but ter life on d line with sum1 who is having second thoughts I'd lik to know d bloke beside me is fully committed to being a firefighter

jim bo c wrote: »
    In fairness to your mate he earned his spot and he can do whatever he feels is best I understand that if he not sure due to money as in mortgage and supporting a family it's a hard one ,, but if he just not sure about weather he wants it or not that's a different story in my opinion this is a job that u really have to want to do,,I think most of us have but in that effort cause this is a dream come tru which for some is a long time coming and well deserved we all no how tough it was to get ter ,, so if he thinks he better off in his current job due to promotion and money then maybe he shud defer or refuse nobody wants to go into a dangerous situation and but ter life on d line with sum1 who is having second thoughts I'd lik to know d bloke beside me is fully committed to being a firefighter

Agreed!

Are we at 100% pass rate for cpat so far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Surely yer man that's not sure whether he wants the job knew at the beginning of the process that the wage is ****e at the beginning. He should defer his place if he's not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Conair79 wrote:
    Are we at 100% pass rate for cpat so far ?

It would be terrible to get this far in the process and fail at this stage wouldn't it? I'm up in the morning so fingers crossed

cathalmonk wrote: »
    It would be terrible to get this far in the process and fail at this stage wouldn't it? I'm up in the morning so fingers crossed

Best of luck. You will be grand. I'm not up til Friday

Gud luck

Best of luck. You will be grand. I'm not up til Friday

How u get on today ??

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

I was one of the few that was on the fence about taking it or not. Luckily for me I am in the later stages of the panel and have been given a nice amount of time to, a) Save b) Make my decision. My mind is made up now but it was not an easy decision. 
    At the end of the day anyone on the panel as earned there place they did not "take it" from someone else. Everyone is aloud have second thoughts for the money situation alone.

• Advertisement

derra_121 wrote: »
    I was one of the few that was on the fence about taking it or not. Luckily for me I am in the later stages of the panel and have been given a nice amount of time to, a) Save b) Make my decision. My mind is made up now but it was not an easy decision. 
    At the end of the day anyone on the panel as earned there place they did not "take it" from someone else. Everyone is aloud have second thoughts for the money situation alone.

The money hasn't got worse since the competition started. Better if the rent allowance has been reinstated. I agree people have earned their spot on the panel. If I attended an interview ,and was informed the salary was below my expectations, I'd turn it down flat.

Everyone is entitled to reconsider , especially if you haven't received a job offer. However , there is at least 1 person who has received an offer, as long as they pass a medical and physical. This person still hasn't decided , a full year after applying. I bet whoever is number 96 on the list is hopping. The last panel wasn't used in full. Being on a panel is no guarantee you will be called .
    Just my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

The money hasn't got worse since the competition started. Better if the rent allowance has been reinstated. I agree people have earned their spot on the panel. If I attended an interview ,and was informed the salary was below my expectations, I'd turn it down flat.

Everyone is entitled to reconsider , especially if you haven't received a job offer. However , there is at least 1 person who has received an offer, as long as they pass a medical and physical. This person still hasn't decided , a full year after applying. I bet whoever is number 96 on the list is hopping. The last panel wasn't used in full. Being on a panel is no guarantee you will be called .
    Just my opinion

The full panel with be used no question. Class 3 provisionally in for august 17.

Grahamfire wrote: »
    The full panel with be used no question. Class 3 provisionally in for august 17.

I'm sure it will. There's a different economic climate now, but that's what was said the last time also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

I'm sure it will. There's a different economic climate now, but that's what was said the last time also.

There in a bad way numbers wise. Panel will be full used by summer 2018 then recruitment after that is what I've heard from reliable sources. There hammering threw the panel good to see

Grahamfire wrote: »
    There in a bad way numbers wise. Panel will be full used by summer 2018 then recruitment after that is what I've heard from reliable sources. There hammering threw the panel good to see

The panel will be used. I was using the last one as an example , of not having to make a decision until you are called forward for medical/physical. In my opinion , you are in or out at that stage.

jim bo c wrote:
    How u get on today ??

Got on grand. I have to admit I found the equipment carry harder than I thought I would but got through it alright.

Will have to do abit more training between now and 6th of Feb for sure.

Looking forward to getting started now.

Got on grand. I have to admit I found the equipment carry harder than I thought I would but got through it alright.

Fair play pal glad to here it did u try jog d whole thing ?? Do u find out then and there your time or just if u passed I done mock test today averaging about 3:30- 4 min but was knackerd d third time

jim bo c wrote:
    Fair play pal glad to here it did u try jog d whole thing ?? Do u find out then and there your time or just if u passed I done mock test today averaging about 3:30- 4 min but was knackerd d third time

Yeh a jog the whole way through except on the barbell carry. They don't tell you the time but if you don't have to do it again then you know you've passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Yeh a jog the whole way through except on the barbell carry. They don't tell you the time but if you don't have to do it again then you know you've passed.

There was some burn on that Barbell carry, especially running with the wellies and helmet on.
    I think I probably used up unnecessary energy dragging that dummy and crawling through the tunnel.

Advertisement