Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

JDigweed wrote: »
    There was some burn on that Barbell carry, especially running with the wellies and helmet on.
    I think I probably used up unnecessary energy dragging that dummy and crawling through the tunnel.

Good man,, I assumed you got through if so Congrats! how long did the entire thing take you? and how long between each task did you have to recuperate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Good man,, I assumed you got through if so Congrats! how long did the entire thing take you? and how long between each task did you have to recuperate?

The actual test itself probably took around 20 minutes. There's a small talk beforehand where they go through the tests in a classroom and you sign a form and are told what order you go. Then over to get into the PPE and wait your turn.
    You don't have much time to recuperate, just go from one test to the next.......but dont worry there's no recuperation needed until the equipment carry and you can head up to the canteen for a sit down after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

The full panel with be used no question. Class 3 provisionally in for august 17.[/quote]

Not doubting you Grahamfire, but is it a little unusual for a class to start on a Thursday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

lostox wrote: »
    The full panel with be used no question. Class 3 provisionally in for august 17.

Not doubting you Grahamfire, but is it a little unusual for a class to start on a Thursday??[/quote]

August 2017 bud I ment the year

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

My bad!😶

• Advertisement

No probs ! I heard today everyone so far has passed meds and cpat including the last class. There at 95 now medicals finishing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cocosnax

Lads I passed it last week . Done my own training outside the house , carrying 2x20 kilo water bottles full of sand in 50m relays and also had a 30kg barbell . Wasn't an exact replica of the cpat but it defo helped . Took about 2hrs filling out forms n waiting around , test took about 20 mins . Anything under the 5 mins is a pass for the equipment carry so I didn't feel the need to kill myself to get it done in under 4 mins . As far as I know contracts to b sorted in the first week in January to give everybody chance to give required notice to current employer .

Anybody know what time recruits start at everyday. And finish?

I heard most recruits in the last class were in d obi for 7.30-8 o clock , getting uniforms ironed n boots polished ect ..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Cocosnax wrote: »
    Lads I passed it last week . Done my own training outside the house , carrying 2x20 kilo water bottles full of sand in 50m relays and also had a 30kg barbell . Wasn't an exact replica of the cpat but it defo helped . Took about 2hrs filling out forms n waiting around , test took about 20 mins . Anything under the 5 mins is a pass for the equipment carry so I didn't feel the need to kill myself to get it done in under 4 mins . As far as I know contracts to b sorted in the first week in January to give everybody chance to give required notice to current employer .
    Did Brian teehan tell you that about the contracts pal?

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Did Brian teehan tell you that about the contracts pal?

It was Brian. The current employer references are due and some vetting forms.
    Hold off on handing in the notice was the advice

• Advertisement

It was Brian. The current employer references are due and some vetting forms.
    Hold off on handing in the notice was the advice

Yea that's exacly what I was told by Brian .

Yea that's exacly what I was told by Brian .
    Was garda vetting not already done? Or is it just an up to date vetting they do?

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Was garda vetting not already done? Or is it just an up to date vetting they do?

I has assumed it had but he said it was a slow process n still waiting for some on the panel to be cleared by d guards

Glad to head the CPAT went well for you. Out of curiosity what forms did you have to fill in? I thought that was all done bar signing of new contracts?

Glad to head the CPAT went well for you. Out of curiosity what forms did you have to fill in? I thought that was all done bar signing of new contracts?

Ah it's just forms to say you understand the format of the cpat and also about the gear the give you on the day . It's nothing realy but it just takes time to complete .

Ah it's just forms to say you understand the format of the cpat and also about the gear the give you on the day . It's nothing realy but it just takes time to complete .

They also take a copy of your driving license

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Thank god it's done and over with now finally was a long process well done to everyone who passed and best of luck to anybody who still has to do cpat ,,, as was said b4 was talking to Brian this morning he said all previous references and medical reports including vetting has been received just has to get ref of current employer and dats it they shud get it by next week he said he would email us and once he received correspondence we can hand in notice so probly b able to start of January or maybe just b4 ,, happy days

Anyone else lost interest completely in the current job!

absolutely haha a good reference is all that keeps me going

Anybody know if they'll email us before the send the questionnaire out to our current employers ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Anybody know if they'll email us before the send the questionnaire out to our current employers ?

Id imagine so. At this stage ,if you passed the physical and have no convictions , it's only a formality. Informing your employer and handing in your notice are different things altogether. Might save your boss getting caught on the hop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

They did say to us they would warn us about contacting our current employer. Just to give us time to break the news to them etc

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Anyone else lost interest completely in the current job!

Stop I'm just goin try d motions haha

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Its so good knowing everything is done now and we can all enjoy or Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darrylmalone1

Hi would any body know if there are more recruitments coming up

I heard 2018 is very likely. Don't quote me on that tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Hard to say. Consider Everything as rumor until you see it in black and white.

The only facts that are correct are:
    This panel had 160 on it.
    This panel is live til 2019.
    One class of approx 50 is already done.
    Second class of same numbers are due in feb.
    There is enough for a 3rd class whenever that is decided to be.

So it could be a good while before I get the chance to apply

well put it this way, the last open recruitment before this one was 9 years ago. and some lads this may have been their 3rd attempt so if you have to wait 2 years before getting a crack at it its really not that bad.

• Advertisement

well put it this way, the last open recruitment before this one was 9 years ago. and some lads this may have been their 3rd attempt so if you have to wait 2 years before getting a crack at it its really not that bad.

Yea suppose 2 years isint to bad is the ambulance service the same set up

Advertisement