Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Yea suppose 2 years isint to bad is the ambulance service the same set up

Pretty much yeah.

Just recruited two panels recently also.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darrylmalone1

Yea suppose 2 years isint to bad is the ambulance service the same set up

Pretty much yeah.

Just recruited two panels recently also.
    Looks like it's civil defence so

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

So are the CPATS's finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Yeah today is last day I'd imagine there over now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Think so , certainly for the externals. Not sure about the ESCs who are coming out. I did mine today. Glad it's out of the way. Can look forward to February now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

All CPAT's are finished, not one single failure, great to see. Enjoy the Christmas and the Best of luck in February. Enjoy your time in the OBI it will fly in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Delighted to hear there was no fails!!! Enjoy the Christmas lads, could be the last one we have off for a long time!!

JDigweed wrote: »
    Delighted to hear there was no fails!!! Enjoy the Christmas lads, could be the last one we have off for a long time!!

Anyone up for the next class, learn from this.There is nothing to concern people. We were all worried about eyesight , colour testing and the cpat. If anyone has any doubts, sit a medical privately soon enough. Any deficiencies can be sorted now. Laser treatment is NOT an issue. They don't even look in your eyes.The lead in from medical to physical is short enough. The cpat is very straight forward. Equipment carry is relatively hard , but doable. Strengthen up your legs and do some cardio. The hardest part of joining Dublin fire brigade is the aptitude and interview. You already have that in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cocosnax

Anybody know if their employer was contacted yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Cocosnax wrote: »
    Anybody know if their employer was contacted yet ?

I think we,'ll get an email off Brian teahan before he contacts our references pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Johner1982 wrote: »
    I think we,'ll get an email off Brian teahan before he contacts our references pal.

I just received my email there from Brian about current employer reference

They knew already but time to officially let them know now.

How are we all?
    Just counting the days down now

How are we all?
    Just counting the days down now

Should have contracts by next Friday I hope ?

Should have contracts by next Friday I hope ?

Is it the 6th of February yet??? It's very difficult to remain motivated for work🙈

Conair79 wrote: »
    Is it the 6th of February yet??? It's very difficult to remain motivated for work🙈

Yea it is , once I get my notice handed in I think it will really hit home . It's a long time coming .

Yea it is , once I get my notice handed in I think it will really hit home . It's a long time coming .

Really hoping to have the official offer of employment by the end of the week

Yea I remember Brian mentioning 6th January but that could change , yea know yourself

Yea I remember Brian mentioning 6th January but that could change , yea know yourself

Yeah , me too. The current employer questionnaire is the last thing to be finalised.

• Advertisement

Glad we're all in the same boat.
    I'm stalking the post man this week. Hopefully the final reference was delivered today after the xmas delay

Glad we're all in the same boat.
    I'm stalking the post man this week. Hopefully the final reference was delivered today after the xmas delay

Will have to be by Friday at the latest. People on salary need to give at least a months notice afaik

Will have to be by Friday at the latest. People on salary need to give at least a months notice afaik

Thats true... ive to give 2 weeks thankfully but i know plenty on a months notice

Thats true... ive to give 2 weeks thankfully but i know plenty on a months notice

I'd say we'll get an email to let us know it's on the way . This 4 day week will drag

I'd say we'll get an email to let us know it's on the way . This 4 day week will drag

1 day for me left this week haha

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Rte2 showing firefighters d series again starting episode 1 tonight giv is all a taste of wats to come on the 6th ,, motivation for anything else is now gone can't wait to get started now lads goin be a hard six months but it's all I can think bout

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Can't wait to get started !! Been waiting all my life for this and still can't believe it's happening. Spending my time in January wisely. Off the booze and concentrating on my fitness. As well as trying to save a few Bob. As far as I'm aware first two weeks are unpaid due to working a back week , and the possibility of being on emergency tax. But aside from that rearing to go !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Any post? :-) .......been looking for the yellow bicycle all morning!

Not for me anyway :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

i wouldnt be holding your breath. It appears the person who is doing the contracts is out sick so their may be a delay. Dont worry the hard part is done. dont get worked up. start date is still the 6th. or 1 month tomorrow :P

Advertisement