Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

i wouldnt be holding your breath. It appears the person who is doing the contracts is out sick so their may be a delay. Dont worry the hard part is done. dont get worked up. start date is still the 6th. or 1 month tomorrow :P

Can't speak for anyone else, but I need to give a full months notice. Would like to leave my current employment on good terms

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Conair79 wrote: »
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I need to give a full months notice. Would like to leave my current employment on good terms

I handed my notice in today probably a bit premature but hey company need a replacement for me and they know I'm going anyway. Thought we,d of at least had an email by today

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Johner1982 wrote: »
    I handed my notice in today probably a bit premature but hey company need a replacement for me and they know I'm going anyway. Thought we,d of at least had an email by today

My company know I'm goin but haven't handed notice in officially yet ,, but sure might as well have ,, thought we wuda had an email to say that contract on d way or something I'm planning on leaving job on the 27th give myself a few days to get the head screwed on b4 I start but that three weeks from tmrw they need to get d official notice I'd imagine it cud b mon or Tuesday d latest

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Any of the lads who have already passed out give us an idea of how they are getting on in the job over the past 6 months? Financially, socially, physically?? I'm interested to see how the brigade has adapted to the new lads seen as no recruits have passed through in a number of years. 

Any tips you have learnt in the last 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cocosnax

i wouldnt be holding your breath. It appears the person who is doing the contracts is out sick so their may be a delay. Dont worry the hard part is done. dont get worked up. start date is still the 6th. or 1 month tomorrow :P

Any idea how much of a delay ?

• Advertisement

Can't wait to get started !! Been waiting all my life for this and still can't believe it's happening. Spending my time in January wisely. Off the booze and concentrating on my fitness. As well as trying to save a few Bob. As far as I'm aware first two weeks are unpaid due to working a back week , and the possibility of being on emergency tax. But aside from that rearing to go !!!!

I heard it's 3 weeks before we get paid but we get paid for them 3 weeks n then every 2 weeks from then on

Cocosnax wrote: »
    I heard it's 3 weeks before we get paid but we get paid for them 3 weeks n then every 2 weeks from then on

Someone needs to get d finger out and give us are contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

jim bo c wrote: »
    Someone needs to get d finger out and give us are contracts

I'd be happy with an email with a job offer. That's enough to hand in notice. The contracts can arrive between now and Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Do we not get there offer of employment in the post and then get the actual contract on the 6th of Feb??

Even an email will do me , I've to get my notice in over the next few days .

• Advertisement

Even an email will do me , I've to get my notice in over the next few days .

Unless you think you got a terrible reference which no doubt isn't the case I don't see why ye can't give in your notice. I'd say we,'ll either get a letter or email tommorow.

Unless you think you got a terrible reference which no doubt isn't the case I don't see why ye can't give in your notice. I'd say we,'ll either get a letter or email tommorow.

Ah yea you're right , I just like to be 100% when it comes to this kind of stuff . Yea I hope you're right , it's being going on for long enough .

Ah yea you're right , I just like to be 100% when it comes to this kind of stuff . Yea I hope you're right , it's being going on for long enough .

Your right to be be a 100% certain, at this stage we,'re 99.9% my boss was onto me today about what date I was leaving as he wants to organize a replacement so I told him I'd finish up on the 3rd Feb like I said a wee bit premature on the notice on my behalf but had to be done. Can't wait to get started. Was working in a rough area today with burnt out cars here and there later in the day a young lad was stabbed on the road we where working and it kinda hit home a bit that We,'re gonna see some sites and be in some situations but I embrace what lies ahead and look forward to training with yiz all. It's gonna be like Christmas again when them contracts come :)

Your right to be be a 100% certain, at this stage we,'re 99.9% my boss was onto me today about what date I was leaving as he wants to organize a replacement so I told him I'd finish up on the 3rd Feb like I said a wee bit premature on the notice on my behalf but had to be done. Can't wait to get started. Was working in a rough area today with burnt out cars here and there later in the day a young lad was stabbed on the road we where working and it kinda hit home a bit that We,'re gonna see some sites and be in some situations but I embrace what lies ahead and look forward to training with yiz all. It's gonna be like Christmas again when them contracts come :)

Iam going away in a few weeks n just wanna get it all wrapped up before I go , I'd rather keep them happy with proper notice even tho Iam leaving anyway , yea wouldn't know when yea might need to go back for a reference .

Iam going away in a few weeks n just wanna get it all wrapped up before I go , I'd rather keep them happy with proper notice even tho Iam leaving anyway , yea wouldn't know when yea might need to go back for a reference .

Hopefully never haha

Anybody hear anything ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Anybody hear anything ?

Any post? Im not home, cant check until later.

Any post? Im not home, cant check until later.

No not yet just rang d missus ter and no email either ???

No not yet just rang d missus ter and no email either ???

No post lads. Holding out for an email by close of business today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

No post lads. Holding out for an email by close of business today.

Its not unusual to get a near close of business email either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

derra_121 wrote: »
    Any of the lads who have already passed out give us an idea of how they are getting on in the job over the past 6 months? Financially, socially, physically?? I'm interested to see how the brigade has adapted to the new lads seen as no recruits have passed through in a number of years. 

Any tips you have learnt in the last 6 months?

Don't expect any of them to let you know what's ahead. They will have been told not to unless you know somebody personally and they may give ya a few in sites.

Your better off going in blind and finding your own feet.

Chungwun wrote: »
    Don't expect any of them to let you know what's ahead. They will have been told not to unless you know somebody personally and they may give ya a few in sites.

Your better off going in blind and finding your own feet.

Was wondering what we will be doing first day is it just an induction into the fire brigade ,, as in wat will be expected of us and how to present ourselves for parade and how to wear uniform or wat will we be doing and do we just show up in pair of jeans and jacket and get uniform on d 6th or wat way does it work???

Was wondering what we will be doing first day is it just an induction into the fire brigade ,, as in wat will be expected of us and how to present ourselves for parade and how to wear uniform or wat will we be doing and do we just show up in pair of jeans and jacket and get uniform on d 6th or wat way does it work???

Show up in normal clothes , uniforms will be issued over the first few days I believe .
    I wouldn't be worrying too much about it to be honest , they'll go through everything that's expected from you when you get out there .
    A good friend of mine passed out in the previous class so I've been picking up bits of info from him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Best thing you could wear is a DFB tshirt if your able to get a lend of one off somebody.

Just turn up, ears open, mouth shut and you will be grand.

Chungwun wrote: »
    Best thing you could wear is a DFB tshirt if your able to get a lend of one off somebody.

Just turn up, ears open, mouth shut and you will be grand.

I'm not looking to be one of them idiots just wondering wat we be doin first day was thinking it be just inductions and info on wat expected , just looking forward to gettin started it's been a long wait for us in second class only round d corner now,, and I know I'm goin ta be lik a sponge taking everything in , that the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Good luck to all the lads in the second class!!

Hopefully the rest of us aren't waiting to long to start.

Has anyone heard anything today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything today?

Not a dickey bird. Had to hand in my notice today , without an official offer of employment

Not so much as an email. Probably still waiting on current employer reference forms. We waited this long lads...give it another few days haha

• Advertisement

Conair79 wrote:
    Not a dickey bird. Had to hand in my notice today , without an official offer of employment

I'm in the same boat I had to give at least a month.

Advertisement