Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths

Options
  • 04-06-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Maths paper 1 is tomorrow & I don't know what topics I should concentrate on! Any recommendations? I'm not the best with functions, are they really important? what should i study the most?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pumpkins135

Does anyone have predictions as to what comes up? I got A D 42% in my mocks and am aiming for a C. I'm honestly terrible at this new project maths course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Ron603

Paper one (Project Maths) mostly consists of algebra, sets, applied arithmetic and functions. Do revise functions as they are important,

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

So is there many of y'all doing normal syllabus or project maths tommorow?
    What is the difference? Why was it brought in?
    Do many schools do it?
    Also ,Goodluck too everoyne doing exams tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 10 1niamh1

I think everyone does project maths? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know. Project maths is 100 times harder and not straight forward at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Project maths is the mandatory new syllabus. This is the first year all the new strands are being examined, I believe. I guess it was brought in so students would be able to see why the maths they use is relevant to real life situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 1niamh1

I understand why we should know how to use maths in real life situations, but when in a real life situation will I need to know the function of a graph or if a pattern is quadratic or to prove a theorem? But I definately see the point on learning about interest in bank accounts and bills and all of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Forgotten password 99

From what my teacher told me when i did the JC and other people is that project maths is easier to pass but harder to get an A in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

I understand why we should know how to use maths in real life situations, but when in a real life situation will I need to know the function of a graph

Working in a hospital lab, the biochemistry analysers use the function of a graph to analyse blood samples. By creating a line with samples of known quantity, it is then able to mathematically work out the value for an unknown patient sample

Advertisement