Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted work in Australia/new Zealand/ America

Options
  • 04-06-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I want to work in one of these countries with either a contractor or perhaps on a tillage farm. I want to do a year work before I go to college - any of ye know Is there any of those jobs out there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

For new Zealand look up PGG Wrightson agricultural services. Seemed to be loads of Irish working for them the last time I passed through Christchurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Conorh123

catbear wrote: »
    For new Zealand look up PGG Wrightson agricultural services. Seemed to be loads of Irish working for them the last time I passed through Christchurch.

What exactly do they do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Conorh123 wrote: »
    Tea cosy knitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Conorh123 wrote: »

You're willing to travel to the other side of the world but you aren't willing to type the company name into google? It is very hard to get a job on a farm without actually being in the country that you're looking for the job in. Do some proper research on where the work is at the time of year you are thinking of going and maybe call a few farmers in the area but be very wary of anyone especially agencies that tell you they will hire you especially if they ask for money upfront. The countries you have mentioned are very different from each other so maybe do some research on where you actually want to live too.

Advertisement