Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bentaleb

Options
  • 04-06-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

What do you think of this whole contract thing?
    Is the player out of order for going public to outline his dissapointment? Has he actually gone public or is that all paper talk?
    Is he right, as in should he be on a par with some of the top players at the club? Rumour has it he's on buttons at the moment compared to some of them.

Is Levy acting the ballicks again?

He's a good player, nothing fancy about him, does a good job for us, and appears to be a favourite of the managers. I hope it gets sorted and he signs a 4 or 5 year deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I guess there's no way to know what's going on behind closed doors, are his demands 90k a week?? Who knows.

Though I can understand his frustration if is has been rolling on for nine months. Surely if he really wants to play for the club then his an increase should be a privilege.

In the article he never really convinced me that he loves playing for the club. He said he's competitive and he wants to win, but that he also liked the club. The whole article just isn't convincing. So maybe his looking to set a release clause in his contract - completely against Levy's way of doing business.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He should shut the hell up as far as i'm concerned. Players going to the press because things aren't going exactly like the want absolutely sickens me.

And there's no way he's worth 90k a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

He's one of our better player and if reports are to be believed he's the poorest paid.

Based on his performances and the number of starts he made last season I think he deserves to be paid at least the average 1st team wage.

The record profit announcement would also support his argument.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I agree he deserves a decent wage, but 90k is way too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    He should shut the hell up as far as i'm concerned. Players going to the press because things aren't going exactly like the want absolutely sickens me.

And there's no way he's worth 90k a week.

I agree, it's becoming all too fashionable. It's not classy and it makes the players just look greedy. Fans have no sympathy for anyone who makes such obscene money. He certainly deserves a good contract but keep it private.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

To be honest i would hate to see him on more than masons new deal.

Our 2 DMs have some of the handiest jobs in the league IMO.

First up there is two of them for the same position, albeit mason puts his head down and sprints 50 yards in a straight line every now and then. Neither are great at covering the fullbacks, neither are reliable passers, great tacklers, neither dominate the midfield, they arent scoring or getting assists, neither are real leaders(although they are young).

They just have to sit there and play the ball from the CBs to the FBs and then maybe to the wingers and back to the other FBs.

Also Bentaleb was utter muck the since the old trafford game. If hes after a new contract then he could have timed it better and asked at christmas.

He should be paid like someone whose played 30 EPL games to a decent standard and then prove it on the pitch that hes worth 90k a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Signed a new 5 year contract today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

A big season for him coming up. I hope he pushes on. Still feel our midfield is a little too soft, then again, it always has been!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Hatch99 wrote:
    Signed a new 5 year contract today

Any idea how much he'd be on?

Advertisement