Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford XB or XA

Options
  • 04-06-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Was hoping one of you lovely car enthusiasts could help me. Myself and my future aussie husband are getting married next year . He has a ford xb in Oz and we were hoping to locate one here for Our wedding car.( Well I was so i could surprise him) Please if anybody could help I would be very grateful. Ford Xb would just make our day, or even a ford Xa. Any Information at all. Every little helps :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I honestly don't think you'll find one here. The XB Falcon was an Australian produced model that was never officially exported. Unless someone privately imported one the chance there being one in the country are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sdevlin1

Apparently there was one imported here back in 1998. We have a Ford Falcon Xb Back in Oz. Thank You for ur reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

There was an XA or B drag car in enniscorthy some years ago, I arrived back from Oz about 2003 and a friend of mine brought me down to see it about that time but it wasn't for the road even if it was still there.

Thank You for your reply. I knew it was a long shot. But no harm in asking. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Good luck with the search, I hope you do find one. Stunning looking muscle car from the seventies that brings back many childhood memories.

https://cdn5.3dtuning.com/info/Ford%20XB%20Falcon%20GT%201973%20Coupe/factory/5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Xbcoupe75

Hi there I own a falcon XB coupe john goss special,I also know of two others in Ireland.if there's something I can do to help let me know.cheers tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Xbcoupe75 wrote: »
    Hi there I own a falcon XB coupe john goss special,I also know of two others in Ireland.if there's something I can do to help let me know.cheers tom.

Please post a pic! Would love to see it. :)

Sorry can't seem to post photos as I'm a new user!

Xbcoupe75 wrote: »
    Sorry can't seem to post photos as I'm a new user!

You could use something like tinypic.com and paste the links here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I think you need 25 posts to put up pictures, i would love t hel you up your post count, tell us about the xb

how long have you had her?

• Advertisement

I have the car about 9 years now and it was brought into Ireland around 2006. When I got the car it was in good enough condition but needed lots of small things sorted out and the paintwork had become quite faded and blistered from the sun, but I used it for a few years like that and in 2011 stripped in down to a shell and restored it.Took about year and ahalf or so but wasn't to bad as the car had virtually no rust[these things rust like nothing else,loads of water traps in the design].The john goss version of the xb coupe has a funny colour scheme and was quite awkward and time consuming to paint but we got there in the end.

Brief spec is;5.8 Cleveland V8 ,t5 manual[I changed from original 4 speed] gearbox,disc brake 9 inch lsd axle with 3.73 gears.

Drives similar to a cross between a mustang and a mark2 rs2000 its good fun but fairly heavy,no power steering etc.

How hard is it to get spares for it

Yeh not to bad I get most of my parts from a company called gt ford performance in Melbourne they're great to deal with and have huge knowledge of these cars although some parts such as grills or bits of trim are very hard to find and command big money when there clean

Will you sell it to me? :)

I'd love to have one someday. What kind of money would a mint car command?

Do you take it to shows

Yeh have taken to a few shows over the years such as terenure or trim but they tend to clash with the motorcycle enduros I also compete in so it doesn't get used as much as I'd like .most of the time it sits in a carcoon but will try to get out and about a bit more this year.

Values of these cars have risen significantly in the past few years like most yokes but 15-20 years ago you couldn't give one away,but now have a massive following in oz.
    There's a few different models in the falcon coupe xa-Xc range so what spec it came from the factory depends on the value,there's the standard models then the limited edition models such as the superbird,john goss and cobra and then the gt version.a complete restoration project would be roughly 15-20aus dollars and up to 100-120 thousand dollars for mint/original gt or cobra and then everything else inbetween. I'm by no means an expert on the prices tho.

Yeah, i had a 6 cyl xa and an xc ute that i bought for $300 twas rotten tho, had a fair few xd/e/f 's, ea/b/d's and a ba.

would love to get an xy at some stage

You have certainly had your fair share of them yeah would also like an xy you should check out thommos xy falcon on YouTube sorry can't post a link .he uses it as a forestry rally car sounds good coming through the woods.

Certain falcons were available to buy in the uk and north new in the 70s through a small number of ford dealers, they were officially imported but they had to change the rear lights to triumph Dolomites to pass regs,looked a bit strange.i know at least of one white xa gt sold new in the north and came up for sale a few year back never seen a car as rotten but as far as I know it was shipped back to oz and is now being restored.

Yeah i had a thing for buying clapped out falcons and driving them to their death, had some belters too, my top 3 would be

XC ute, utterly rotten and unroadworthy, but you never forget your first v8

EBII XR6 beaut of a car, FoMoCo really got that one right

XD ute, bright yellow, fully loaded sold it and bought it back Twice.

also had a slew of landcruisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RoisT

Sdevlin1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Was hoping one of you lovely car enthusiasts could help me. Myself and my future aussie husband are getting married next year . He has a ford xb in Oz and we were hoping to locate one here for Our wedding car.( Well I was so i could surprise him) Please if anybody could help I would be very grateful. Ford Xb would just make our day, or even a ford Xa. Any Information at all. Every little helps :)

Hi there
    i know this was 3 years ago but did you end up getting one in the end? my aussie fiance loves them and have been looking to surprise him for our wedding car? thanks

• Advertisement

RoisT wrote: »
    Hi there
    i know this was 3 years ago but did you end up getting one in the end? my aussie fiance loves them and have been looking to surprise him for our wedding car? thanks

Hi! We are still not married! Ended up moving to Perth permanently :) Hubby still has his xb but in Perth we have to win the lotto to do it up. The one he has there is only 8 in that colour. We hope to get married in Dublin the end of the year or early next year so i will begin my xb in ireland again soon. Best of luck x

Advertisement